Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on 21 August 2011
Though this is an interesting serie, the absence of subtitles - not indicated on the DVD's prospectus - makes it quite difficult to follow some nuances for foreigners or people with hearing problems, with quick dialogs and sometimes specific wording. Saddening.
on 19 March 2009
I'm Greek and I've been an Amazon customer for years. I really do not understand why they don't ALWAYS put a reference about the available subtitles at "product details" instead they keep pointing out other less or non-essential stuff. I know my english, but in many shows the lack of english - hearing impaired subs makes me miss half the fun (recent examples are the Will & Grace box set, The Office, 30 Rock and numerous films). You can imagine my frustration to find that out after I bought them. I believe it's pretty irresponsible on their part. I've pointed out this neglection, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
on 9 March 2012
I was really disappointed when I realized that there was no subtitles in season 1-3... English subtitles are pretty standard and I think that it should be stated that there's only subtitles in the last season.

If you don't mind watching it without subtitles then you'll probably love it, so funny :)
on 6 February 2009
The show is hilarious, but this DVD edition has NO subtitles at all. I was very disappointed as I thought all new TV series had to have subtitles. Obviously I was wrong.
44 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2009
The series is hilarious. Smart, funny. I laughed a lot. My Italian wife couldn't understand a word. Tired of my constant laughter, she walked out on me and applied for a divorce. THIS IS YOUR FAULT AMAZON. SUBTITLE INFORMATION SAVES MARRIAGES. GET WITH IT, DOLTS.
33 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2008
Why does the UK version not contain the extras that are in the US version? Why on earth would you remove them? Aren't they supposed to be a selling point? No sale, I'll get the good version, thank you very much.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2014
This show is not funny at all.
Tina Fey is normally quite funny but in this case I did not understand the humour, don't waste your money.
on 19 December 2013
Oh dear! If it was only lack of sub-titles that was the problem. This show is full of cliches and dull characters, and lacking in originality, wit or real energy.
on 1 March 2009
I bought 3D rock as a friend told me it was pretty good. I no longer ask that friend for advice on DVD's. I found the humour if it can be called that to be childish, facile, embarrassing to watch rather than funny. I can not bring myself to watch any more.