5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little buy
I bought the Samsung 8GB T10 about 6 months ago and I thought now would be a good time to write a review!

Usability:
* The menu is so easy to use. OK note to women who are thinking of buying this, not the easiest to use with long nails! But you soon adapt to the touch pad!
Published on 18 Aug 2008 by Ruby

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent features, bad sound quality
PROS:

Excellent menu: It rolls fast, it is fun and you can download additional themes. The touch buttons are also very responsive. There is a "hold" button to avoid accidentally pressing any buttons.

Published on 8 Jan 2009 by supertsik

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little buy, 18 Aug 2008
Ruby (London, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung YP-T10JCB/XEU - Touchscreen MP3 Player With Video And Bluetooth - 8Gb (Electronics)

Usability:
* Bluetooth is really good - one of the reasons I was reluctant to move about from Sony Ericsson Walkman phones was because I didn't want to carry a phone and a mp3 player, so the Bluetooth was a big seller for me as it has a built in speaker too and is easily connected to my phone.
* The unit can only be charged via the USB cable. Takes about 2 hours to fully charge the battery. Only downside to this is that you can't play the T10 whilst charging.
* Battery life for audio only playback is about 10 hours... have never got to the 30 hours as stated.

Durability:
* The best thing about the T10 is that it is so durable! I mainly keep it in my trouser pocket, but often carry in jacket, handbag and in armband case when I'm at the gym. There are a few scratches on it now, but they are inevitable really. It cleans really easily too.
* Have started to notice that some of the touchpad buttons don't work - so I have to switch it off and put it back on again... but really nothing to worry about and don't be put off with as it only happens now and again. I use the T10 a lot, so it's gets a good work out every day!

Look and feel:
* It so lightweight that you don't even feel it in your pocket.
* The T10 has got exceptional build quality and looks pretty slick too. Makes a change from all the iPods out there!
* There are various themes you can use, but the branded Sammy (the dog) theme always makes the person sitting next to me on the tube look over at my screen!

Firmware/Software:
* The Samsung Media Suite is to use a better, word quite naff. You need to have Windows Media Player in order to use the software, which is a pain if you have an Apple laptop - you will need to find yourself a PC!...
* Also the disk is one of those tiny mini disks, no good if you have a front loading DVD/CD drive, but you can download the software from the Samsung website. Since buying the T10 I have had two firmware upgrades to it which are automatically picked up when you connect your T10 to the PC.

Transferring files:
* I haven't totally abandoned the use of the Samsung media suite. It's ok, but not great. I normally find that if you go to My Computer and navigate to the Data files on the T10 you can just copy and paste the files you want onto there, but then you are having to manage/organise your folders yourself... which I think for any avid mp3 user out there it's not difficult. If you use iTunes, then you simply copy and paste the entire folder on there. Simple. If you want to use Playlists, then you will have to use the Samsung media suite.
* Unlike the iPod, you can have multiple sources for your files. You are not restricted by one pc... so I have music files that I've got from my laptop, video files that I have from PC... more music from my work computer... etc...

Sound Quality:
* The headphones... I didn't even bother taking them out of the box... they look naff. But you can use any jack plug headphones which is also handy because when at home I use a portable speaker. The output sound is brilliant, well it's depends on the speaker quality really!.. The sound quality is really good though. I never need to go higher than 50% of the volume. There are various sound effects you can apply. This is something you will just have to play around with as it's comes down to personal preference.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent features, bad sound quality, 8 Jan 2009
PROS:

Videos & pictures: You can view videos. They have to be converted, but the quality is very good. You can also view pictures, but this feature is slow.

Mobile phone: It connects with your mobile phone as a headset. I've tested it with a Nokia 6300i. The microphone is located at the bottom edge of the player. The music pauses and you can see the caller's number and if you send the contacts (not an easy task to do) you can view the caller's name. Make sure you update the firmware though, because with the old one it will not work.

Bluetooth: you can do file transfer and you can use it as a headset or use it as a music source to another bluetooth headset or device.
Additional features: 3 games, ability to read .txt files, voice recorder.

The battery is also good and you can transfer files from your computer by dragging and dropping. No special software required.

CONS:
Bad sound quality, especially when listening to percussion instruments. I haven't compared it with other mp3 players, but I notice a huge difference when I connect the same earphones to my laptop, listening to the same song. There is also a huge difference when connecting it to my home hi-fi stereo.

If it wasn't for the poor sound quality I would give it 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy another, 3 Jan 2009
Ndpye - See all my reviews
Bought this attractive looking MP3 player 8 months ago. I couldn't get it to connect to any Bluetooth device I had. Every now and then it would decide to mute itself, even when locked and would only allow volume after being turned off and on. One day it just shut itself down and wouldn't reset even when reset button was pressed.I had to take the back off and disconnect the battery. Now after only a couple of hundred re-charges, the battery has started to die ( lasts no more than a couple of hours if you don't activate the screen too often). I'm just disappointed, hasn't lasted as long as the cheap £20 one I use for work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung T10 MP3 Player, 4 Feb 2009
Mr. T. M. Reed (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
There is one major fault that I am not happy about and that is that the switch to turn Player on is very sticky and I have a job due to having to fiddle with it until player works. In terms of capacity it is very good. The condition was good except for above. It arrived when stated and had been packaged well. Is there anything that you are prepared to do about didgy switch, have tried to e-mail avides without success. Many thanks.
Tim Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars if the full order ever turns up i`ll let you know!, 6 Feb 2009
Mary C. Marshall (scotland) - See all my reviews
the T10 that i already have is a brilliant and useful buy for all ages. unfortunately the order via amazon is not yet complete and so my granddaughters are unable to use what should have been a christmas present.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible after a while, 7 Aug 2008
M. N. R. Maynard (Basingstoke, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an attractive looking MP3 player from a good manufacturer, at an eye-catching price, and seems too good to be true. That's because it is! This seems and sounds like a decent item, but within a month is tarnished, damaged and ugly, showing up the terrible build quality. The built in bluetooth should be a defining feature of this player, but is difficult to connect, and then the general reception and playback of bluetooth is terrible. The menu system is shoddily designed as the scroll speed is unchangeable and deathly slow. My advice to you all, don't buy this!