5.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Very good products. I find the proofer does tend to make footwear colour go a little darker. But does exactly as described.
Published on 5 Jan. 2011 by Tisha

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a faff!
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Nikwax Care Kit for Combination Footwear - Care Kit (Shoes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax care kit footwear cleaning and proofing, 2 Oct. 2011
L. Campbell - See all my reviews
The cleaning solution works well make sure you get plenty of foam and rinse well after.

The proofing solution just spray on as it says and the water just runs off.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a faff!, 16 Feb. 2014
Pack consisted of wire brush, sponge-on cleaning gel and reproofing spray. I was using it on my gortex sports shoes and had to brush mud off, dampen and apply sponge. The sponge was a bit fragile and it took a while to get the gel/fluid to soak through it onto boot. This had to be rinsed off well and the spray applied while damp. Seems to have helped a bit but certainly not as good as when new.

3.0 out of 5 stars proof in the plodding, 14 Oct. 2011
micwic (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I dont seem to get on well with this kind of stuff, must be doing it wrong, i do a lot of walking and i mean a lot, however cleaned and sprayed, did what they said on the tin, and for me it does not do what they say on the tin, my boots, my very expensive boots, still leak!!!!
Expensive, used up very quick. probably works for everyone else, must be me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 12 May 2013
Brilliant! I followed the instructions and the result was a pair of very clean and waterproof walking boots. There is enough left to be repeat the process at least once more so super value for money. The only bit of advice I would give is to wear gloves when applying the waterproofing otherwise you wind up with waterproof hands!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cleaning kit, 30 Dec. 2013
This product works well and renews dirty walking shoes to pristine condition. It would get five stars but for the fact that after a couple of uses, the course sponge applicator on the cleaning fluid bottle came adrift resulting in an alternative sponge having to be used to complete the clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 26 Sept. 2012
My Saloman boots have served me well over hundreds of miles for the last 4 years but I decided that, before setting off on this year's big trip, I would treat them to a good clean and reproof. What a mistake! The cleaner worked fine (though washing up liquid might have also done the job) but the reproofer was hopeless. For a start, the 'press cap to break seal' just doesn't work - in the end my son-in-law resorted to piercing the sponge with a small penknife to release the contents. I followed the instructions to the letter, applying to damp boots, allowing to dry naturally etc and felt quite pleased with myself, set off feeling fully protected from the elements. It was lucky we had a dry week because after only 10 minutes of walking through wet grass my boots, socks and feet were soaked through. I feel as though all I have done is remove the last traces of waterproofing from my boots and replace with nothing. I'm very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use cleaner and re-proofer, 13 May 2013
The Nikwax Care Kit contains a wire brush, cleaner and re-proofer. Very easy to use and gave good results on two pairs of goretex walking shoes and two pairs of goretex walking boots.

3.0 out of 5 stars Footwear waterproofing, 1 Nov. 2010
Worked very well for a couple of days, but I have to confess that my boots aren't the best. It would probably be much better on higher quality boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 14 Feb. 2013
Excellent products, keeps my wifes suede and leather Ariat boots like new. Easily meets the standard we know from years of using Nikwax products.