on 7 December 2007
I've had expensive stainless steel mashers before and none of them works like this one. You don't mash up and down, but roll it around the pan - the legs sort of chop up the potatoes. Its quite effortless and after a few minutes you have mashed potatoes - great! its so unusual I leave it out as a talking point
on 5 September 2009
This is the best potato masher I have ever owned, it is guaranteed to give perfect mashed potatoes every time !!
Ingenious potato masher - Spudnik (White/Grey)
on 28 January 2009
What excellent product and so simple to use. It really does do the the job in half the time and with very little effort. For anyone who has any RSI problems in the wrist or elbow it would extremely worthwhile product to cut the strain.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 October 2012
I was looking for a plastic potato masher so I could mash potatoes in a pan without scratching the pan (like metal mashers can) and stumbled upon this.

I didn't think this design would work but I was pleasantly surprised to find it does a good job. Instead of pounding you roll it round the pan. I think this masher is very good for reasonably smooth mash but poorly suited to making super smooth mash because of the large gaps between the prongs.

Despite the claims for no more pounding you still need to do some pounding tho.

I don't know if it's better than a normal masher but I am happy with it.
on 14 May 2012
Love this little masher. It's so much easier than normal mashers. You do need to keep going for a while though, so it isn't lumpy.
on 15 March 2016
I had seen this Spudnik on the companies website two possibly three years ago and although it looked a little strange, I could see that the principle behind the design should in all essence work but dismissed it from my mind because I already had a potato masher. However, like always when you dismiss things something inevitably happens and you regret your previous decision, such is the case of me, when my masher met with an accident and I realised a new one was now definitely needed, but guess what I could not remember where I had previously seen it.

So decided to search on Amazon knowing that if the Spudnik Masher still existed I would find one on there, and sure enough I came across the very thing I was looking for and placed my order, needless to say it arrived safely and when put to use found it be the most ergonomically easy utensil to use. No more pummelling with a masher that dug into the palm of your hand as you applied pressure to it. With the Spudnik, you place the palm of your hand on the half-ball end apply just the right amount of pressure to keep it in contact with your potatoes or whatever else it is you are mashing and rock it back and forth as you move it round your pan or bowl, it is so simple and very easy to clean under the tap.

In hindsight I should have definitely bought one when I first came across it, but hey! I have one now and would certainly be very lost without it. So would definitely say to anyone out there contemplating buying a new potato or general masher, you will not be wasting either your money or time in adding one to your other kitchen utensils. It is exceptionally well made, easy to use and clean, and ergonomically comfortable in your hand.
on 26 August 2013
It's okay to use and easy to clean, but doesn't mash perfectly. For best results you need to add some liquid (such as milk) at the beginning (instead of near the end with traditional mashers). Instead of an up/down pumping motion, you need to rock and rotate it in a spiral motion around the pot. Targeting the last unmashed lumps is difficult, though my wrists arch less after mashing.
on 25 February 2013
Had my previous tattie masher since 1975! Bought a new one and it buckled at the first use as did the second one I bought. This little beauty mashes tatties with no effort you just have to forget how you used to mash tatties and use more of a rolling movement. Very sturdy and it may last as long as my first masher!
on 19 July 2013
An excellent simple product I have used one for some time and bought one for a couple of my friends who remarked about how
efficient, so easy to use and does not scratch a saucepan etc. They are also both delighted.
Would recommend it to anyone and you will wonder why you had not bought one before!
on 21 April 2015
This takes some getting used to - but after using it for a while, my mashed potatoes are the best they have ever been....