4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but.....
Published on 8 Jan. 2013 by Big Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes but they wear down too fast........
I have had these shoes for over two months now and while they look good and are comfortable to wear, the sole of the shoe wears down far too quickly, a shoe this expensive should not be nearly bald after two months average use!!! don't waste your money
Published on 5 Feb. 2009 by A. Charter

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes but they wear down too fast........, 5 Feb. 2009
A. Charter "baconsarnie" (Scarborough, UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars durbility of the soles are rubbish, 27 Dec. 2012
folks a great looking boot that looks cool even when worn in.
But i was staggard staggeard stagganrd at the short life of the sole. My wife had some Timberland boots when she was a 22 year old student she is now 40 and has now passed then to my daughter still going strong.
If they made the sole durable it could be a classic boot for hand me downs also, as it is the soles starts to deteriate at double quick time.
In 1 year of casual use i will be handing them to the trash the soles have worn through completely.

very dissapointed won;t recomment the brand in future....a great shame.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but....., 8 Jan. 2013
Very pleased with my boots, great lookers, comfy, light and versatile. The only thing that lets them down is the sole! The most slippery sole I have had on any footwear I own. In the wet be very careful on what you walk on! Had a few slip slides in shops and on shiny wet outside surfaces. As and when the sole wear out I`ll be re soling them with something far more grippy, like teflon or something ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy boots.....for city dudes, 29 Jun. 2013
The Timberland Men's Earthkeepers Original 6" Medium Brown Lace Up Boot... are very classy. I had fallen for them the first time I saw but was waiting for a good deal to come and got it on Amazon. The boots look very cool. While boots are normally designed for hard and tough use and hence have fatter soules, but these ones are for fashion I believe, but not for farm or and hard labour, but that does not mean they are not sturdy, they are sturdy and classy. Comfortable to walk good grip, though they squeak on certain surfaces. Theey are slim and not fat at toe unlike the CATerpillar boots or Dr. Martens, i love them for that classy design. While ordering order half a size less, the supplier have some confusion in UK and US size. I wanted 8 UK siuze but they are 1/2 size bigger. The boots are made in india and have finesse.The laces though are smaller at leas I feel as while wearing and removing you need to open them up a bit and the laces falll short and come out of the first couple of eyelets. The boot are decently high and look very cool.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots let down by awful soles, 22 Oct. 2013
These are lovely , comfortable boots but I agree with a lot of others here . The soles are absolutely hopeless possible due to the use of 'recycled materials'.
This is my second pair ,and the soles are almost halfway worn away after two months.

3.0 out of 5 stars Who on earth signed off the sole design ?, 30 Jan. 2013
Really like these boots, look great and super comfy but, and this is a major but, the soles are, to put it bluntly, absolutely crap on anything other than a dry surface. On a damp pavement they are bloody awful and downright dangerous, slipping and sliding all over the place.
If you want these for an urban winter boot then I'd think again. Out in the country or in the dry, they are great.
If it wasn't for the sole problem these would get a full 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality boots - poor soles, 15 Mar. 2012
I bought these boots in November 2010 and have just worn them everyday for two winters in Newcastle. And as a student I walk around a lot.

They have lasted well and look great with jeans however the sole is a bit quick to wear and I wore them out after 4 months. However I got them resoled for £30 and they are still going strong and will no doubt last another year. Put the leather upper will probably go after another year.

In short great boots that look stylish and cope well with snow/rain... without looking to rugged.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Jun. 2011
Good points: Very comfortable right from the off. They look good.I had a pair for about 12 months, and wore them almost daily.
Bad Points: The soles wear out quickly. They have very little grip in the wet, and on shiny wet floors they're lethal. They're also very expensive for a 'reclaimed' boot.I had a pair for about a year and wore them almost daily. It's the soles that go first. In summary, if it's looks and comfort and a pose you're after, and you've got money to spare, get these. If you want practical footwear, keep looking.

3.0 out of 5 stars More a fashion boot than a heavy duty job., 4 Dec. 2010
Jago Wells - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I don't normally buy footwear mail order but after asking around,I was told that Timberland boots err on the generous side so I took a chance. Thankfully they indeed are generous in their sizing. If anything a tad too generous ! I take a size 8 and these size 8's feel more like a 9. I'm sure a 7 would have been a better bet. As such I have to wear a thicker boot sock but they are still big.
The tread as mentioned above is not great. Despite the vibram sole it's on the thin side so it won't take a lot of effort to wear them down. In wet walks in the forest with my dog they start to take in water. Not sure if it's just seeping in through the soft leather or over the tongue section ?
They do look good though. Certainly not a boot I would wear in the mountains but OK for low level walks or the High Street.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable but a little poor quality sole, 17 Mar. 2013
The upper is fantastic, very comfortable and does not take wearing in, the only down side to this boot is the sole. It's a little poor quality for the rest of he boot, slippery in the wet