Format: DVD|Change

on 1 April 2016
Gosh what can I say about this film apart from the fact it nearly killed me my grandson and I watched this together and we had to keep pausing it because we were laughing so hard it was asbsolutley hilarious great movie we were both crying with laughter
on 10 December 2014
A brash and down right offensive film from James and Sandler. Its rude and crass and utterly humour free. Not sure why Biel was in this. If the gay jokes and boob jokes arent bad you then have Rob Schneider
on 25 June 2013
better than described!
loved the film. no scratches and definitely worth the purchase.
And most definitely worth buying from zoverstocks in the future.
on 15 March 2015
Not exactly a politically correct film, but it's oh so amusing and funny, with plenty of laughs along the way. I enjoyed it :-) and Jessica Biel looks good !
on 1 August 2013
as always, Adam Sandler is a fantastic comedy actor who delivers all the laughs. would definitely recommend this film to all who haven't watched it.
I was sceptical upon receiving this film (I work at Blockbuster = Pre Releases!) with in the back of my mind, a thought of some dull films that Adam Sandler's been in (Little Nicky for example, which I really can't see why people like it)
But the truth is, this is the most entertaining film i've seen in such a long time, which is quite refreshing in an age were films are thrown at us right, left and centre.
The plot is straightforward enough, and ultimately when you hear of it, you know you're in for a laugh. Chuck and Larry both work on the same shift as Fire Fighters in town, and have done for a decade since first joining. Chuck however is struggling to cope with financial demands that his children place on him, now that his wife has passed away, and because he can't claim benefits, the only way he can get round the court is to re-marry. But still grieving for the loss of his wife, he's un-willing to settle for another lady... but theirs always a best friend in mind called Larry!
Reluctantly, Larry marries in one of the most laughable scenes of the film - a cheap road-side marriage chapel, in which a rather randomly placed Chinese minister weds them. But can they hold their silence on, what they hoped to be, temporary gay status?...
The chemistry between these two actors is excellent, and I was pleased with Sandler's performance. I myself don't rate as one of the best actors to have graced Hollywood; mainly because he doesn't use his eyes alot, but his role in this film was simply irreplaceable. The jokes and events that happen when they both live together is fantastic, and will have you in stitches when Chuck starts to live with Larry's mail in the morning, proving he's anything but gay (certain video's and inflatable dolls!)
It's the restriction of being straight that makes the 2 main characters so funny in this film - we know they're straight, and Chuck's lawyer, who Larry (and I) find pretty sexy, doesn't help matters by inviting him on "girly" shopping trips, and then back home after getting soaked in the rain, noyl to find himself in the 'comfort' of her getting un-changed. The next part will just have you in absolute tears!

It's been quite a good year for films, which makes a change from the glut of boring or CGI crammed movies from lately. Actually, the only thing that was different this year was originality - Transformers was a good take off the original series, Die Hard 4.0 proved Bruce Willis can still fight 'blubber' even when hitting middle age, and this film, which I just now call "Chuck and Larry" for short, proves we can still make highly entertaining films without a plot as thin as paper. If you're looking for a great laugh, I can't recommend this highly enough!
on 8 November 2012
Laugh out loud from start to finish...I've seen it on TV before and just decided to add to my collection, I would definately recommend this DVD.
on 8 May 2013
My son loves Adam sandler. We are trying to slowly get him all his films. Another DVD that he finds hilarious and watches time and time again
on 13 September 2012
i may be slightly biased because i love all Adam sandler films but this one does not disappoint. it's hilarious and had me in stitches
on 1 May 2013
Very funny, really enjoyed it. Dont usually like Adam Sandler but this was great. would recommend to any Comedy fans out there