Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 23 November 2011
For years, I used a couple of Beyer shotgun mics for filming which were brilliant. Of course, they were very expensive but `you get what you pay for'. When I looked for a new mic the budget didn't stretch to the £500 - £800 mark so decided to buy the Rode having been impressed with the brand in the past. I am not kidding, I prefer the Rode! It handles sound beautifully, is extremely directional while eliminating unwanted noise and performs faultlessly in many challenging conditions. Yes, there is handling noise so you have to be a little careful to mount it in such a way that this doesn't interfere with you recordings, but that's a small issue and common with more expensive products too. Comes with a foam sock, mount and ten year warranty...which is amazing when you think about the cost you're paying. I've always considered mics an inexact science as there are so many variables. But this Rode mic proves that broadcast quality is available for £150 and I would, without hesitation, buy another. Just a note...buy the NT2 if you can. For the small additional amount, the battery option gives true flexibility.
For who wants to start to make videos with an excelent sound quality, this is your best choice. The best mid range shotgun mic for an afordable price. Works good as external mic to cameras, but can also be used with a boom pole, to have a good sound quality when you were in small movie production. Can be used with the Zoom H4N to get the best of this microphone. It's the best choice for who is starting with movie production.
on 29 July 2011
The sound quality of this microphone is excellent, with very low noise levels and no apparant hiss.

It will operate on one AA battery OR on 48v phantom power, direct from the video camera.
on 15 July 2010
Super quiet directional microphone nearly as good as a Sennheiser ME66,I get best results with my HV30 set to manual audio and the gain level just under half way, I did connect to the camera through a Beachtek XLR connector but the levels were too low so I just connected straight to the camera with an XLR to 3.5mm jack and the levels are much higher. Great service as always through Amazon.
on 22 May 2013
I wanted a reasonably-priced microphone to get started on making wildlife recordings with a Zoom H4N. After reading a lot of reviews I was a bit hesitant about buying the NTG2, but having taken the plunge I am very pleased with it.

Even using it for bird recordings, for which a shotgun mic is not ideal, the results are better than expected. The sensitivity is good (obviously it's very sensitive to handling noise, but that's to be expected) and it has quite good directionality. I also like that it can be used on either battery or phantom power. It comes with a good case, a tripod adapter and a decent foam windshield. I've added a Rode Deadcat, which does help to reduce noise when using the mic outdoors.

Worth every penny.
on 9 March 2013
Purchased this mic to work with my Canon XF100, what a great mic this is! I have only used it with 48v Phantom power so far but the quality is great with the camera so i would recommend this mic to anyone who needs a top class external mic
on 1 April 2015
Having never used a shotgun-mic like this, I was not sure what to expect as I have no professional standard reference. I popped an A4 battery in, connected to my new Zoom H6 and away I went. I was very happy with the combination! I'm sure there are better mics out there, but at a price point that was beyond my budget. This Rode hit the mark when reading the reviews and comparing the price/value and I have not been disappointed with the quality and accuracy of the sound.
Very happy!
on 30 March 2014
I have been using this with the Tascam DR-40 and have been getting great results battery powered and phantom powered.

There is audible noise when you boost the grain but a better recorder or a inline preamp would fix that and give you more room to boost the gain.

Nice and compact for run-&-gun situations.

I would defiantly recommend this mic for the price. Great for low budget audio.
on 29 April 2012
I purchased this mic to compliment another NTG 2 that I bought 2 years ago. I bought this to set up stereo audio for my Canon camcorder which I use mainly at outdoor locations. I bought a second mic because I was impressed with the results I have from the first NTG 2 I purchased.
on 31 May 2015
This Rode NTG 2 is a must buy if you are videographer or in music or more importantly in audio stuff. Easy to use it & has a very dynamic sound comes well packed with the case and the delivery speed was on dot plus Rode is a BRAND nether like others - I love it