on 21 July 2013
The Bigjigs red brick tunnel is a beautiful addition to my 2 year olds wooden railway set. He absolutely loves pushing his trains through the tunnel and now won't let me build a track without including it.

His set includes a mixture of Bigjigs, Brio, and generic track which all seem to fit together flawlessly. Length wise it is a standard straight piece long (approx 145mm long less connector) and has a clearance of approx 70mm at the apex of the tunnel which is more than enough room for his eclectic collection of Brio/Bigjigs/Thomas and generic trains to squeeze through. The only reason I haven't give this item a full 5* is due to the final finish both on top of the tunnel (plain red paintwork) and with regards the screws holding the tunnel together. Although visible in the picture as advertised, they are far more obvious and prominent on the actual toy - 2 at each end with an attempt made to hide them in the brickwork, two either side in the trees, and two on top. I just feel a little bit more attention to detail and this item would be perfect. As it is, a little bit of modelling clay and some careful paintwork has hidden the screws quite nicely - not that my lad really noticed!

All in all a fantastic toy which any child will enjoy and at a bargain price, which is reflected in the final finish.
on 4 January 2011
Arrived in perfect condition with no squashed box corners as sometimes happens. My nephew loved it and enthusiastically started playing with it straight away as a welcome addition to his train set! Great!
on 30 September 2010
bought this when my daughter was around 19mths. for the last 4 mths she has pretty much asked for "tunnel train" every evening and daddy has to play with it. have added it to the basic Brio set we have. she loves watching the train go through the tunnel. I am amazed how something so simple and relatively inexpensive has transformed the set and her interest/enjoyment in it. and it looks great too and so far no sign of any wear or tear. a great buy am very happy with it and will certainly buy more Bigjigs products to go with the Brio set.
on 27 November 2013
So much so, that he occasionally stands on it for inexplicable reasons. My four year old son has stood with both feet directly on this tunnel and it has held his weight without so much as creaking. He also loves to combine it with the hill pieces for his track, so there is a tunnel under his bridges. All of his trains fit through it, even the biggest one with a crane arm on it. The paint has not chipped at all in the last four months, and the bright coloration is very appealing. Highly recommended addition to any wooden train set.
VINE VOICEon 31 July 2014
The BigJibs tunnel is a quality addition to a wooden railway set. It is one medium length straight covered by a tunnel big enough for a model railway train plus small person's hand to push through. The quality of the product is fine. It is sturdy and durable. The tunnel can survive being dropped or thrown into a store box without problems.

The look of the red tunnel is excellent. It is a vibrant red colour with a brick style pattern as well as tree motifs. The trees and the image of ivy creeping over part of the tunnel entrance gives it a slightly more organic look and is another interesting aspect for a small person to enjoy. The artwork is really good, among the best of Bigjig's offerings aesthetically.

The only question for someone who owns a wooden railway set is whether to get this tunnel or the grey one. Red has been a good choice and is a popular addition to wooden railway play.
on 12 November 2014
I never buy anything but the best quality for our Grandchildren, however, having bought the Train set I found the quality of Bigjigs to be fab for a 3 year old. The finish doesn't quite come up to brio standards, but as it gets stood on and taken outside, that's a minor point!

The addition of this really well made tunnel to the set (along with the station) makes it all more interesting.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this make to anyone.'
on 23 May 2014
I bought this for my nephew he loves it quiet well built for so little money would defiantly buy more pieces to extend his track
on 14 January 2014
This is one of the earliest additional pieces that we bought for my son's wooden train track; he likes tunnels a lot and his track would not have been complete without it. As with every Bigjigs item we've owned, this is really well made and very sturdy; we've had it a long time, now, and you'd easily believe that it's still brand new.
on 14 November 2012
Bigjigs Wooden Railway-Red Brick Tunnel

I bought this for my Grandson for Christmas. He's now 4 but still continues to play with this trainset which I orginally bought for him a couple of years ago. It is still going strong, but wanted now add tunnels and sheds to his collection.
Well done Bigjigs!!
on 10 January 2014
I was absolutely delighted to find this tunnel. It was the only thing that a 3 year old wanted for his birthday. He had already receives the train and track for Christmas. I was highly satisfied with the function and the quality
of this tunnel. Other parts have been bought from Amazon to compliment the track set.