5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on 18 Aug 2012 by pink maomao

3.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow
It seems well made and the padded handle is good, but the spanner is too narrow and started to deform the nuts on my pedals before they came off. Returned it and bought a Cyclo one from Wiggle which was more expensive but is a much more solid tool.
Published 3 months ago by Simon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
After labouring with 10-12 cm handle spanners found at home, and having no luck with removing those pesky pedals, I finally decided to throw in the towel and buy a proper pedal wrench. Park Tools were my first preference and, as usual, did not disappoint. After reading a few mixed reviews online about said wrench's performance, I can safely say that (based on my humble experience) it works really well and gives the wrists a break for a change!

I am not mechanically minded by any stretch of the imagination, but this fantastic wrench just couldn't have performed any better. 10 seconds of tugging on each side was all that was required to remove both pedals. The 29cm handle really makes it easy to apply the correct amount of torsion required to remove even the tightest of pedals.

Certain reviews online may indicate that the wrench head is a bit too thin. Be that as it may, I wasn't the least bit concerned when using it with my SPD-SLs.

As for construction, the wrench itself feels solid and well built when held. And provided it isn't abused, it should last for a good long while.
Will recommend for potential consideration. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality & does the job, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
As I have found with all Park Tool products, the quality is first rate. Park Tool products may not always be the cheapest, but they last and therefore are excellent value. The design provides good leverage and is comfortable to use (something you notice if you have struggled to remove a pedal previously with a lesser spanner/wrench) - I'm very happy now I can remove the pedal that was previously immovable, having been in place on my old mountain bike for many years. I'd happily recommend this (and other Park Tool products) if you're planning to do any bike maintenance - I only wish I had discovered them before buying tools from others that are not a good, but that I cannot justify replacing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Pedal Wrench, 1 Sep 2010
The wrench is comfortable in the hand with a slightly shaped, cushioned grip and it is long enough to ensure good leverage.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job......, 25 Mar 2010
Gary Dean (Dorking, UK) - See all my reviews
and is good value for what it is. It will certainly keep my pedals tight for the rest of my cycling lifetime but if I were a professional bike mechanic, I would probably want something a bit more heavy duty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow, 23 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tool, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
Tool seems to be good quality. Long enough to get plenty of leverage to undo the stiffest of pedals. Can't go wrong at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kind of expected more, 4 May 2014
hamza_tm (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
Thought it would be better quality than it is. This pedal wrench is nothing really special - it isn't long enough to be really heavy duty. If you already have a spanner that fits pedals then all I can say is you don't gain much by buying this.

It is lighter and thinner than expected, the thinness especially led to it slipping off of a stuck pedal I had repeatedly. The thin design means it's difficult to grip and put force on without murdering your hands. If you have a stuck pedal then you'll need to use some DIY cleverness to get the job done. I ended up using my original spanner which is thick enough not to slip off the pedal (unlike this), and wedging a piece of wood between the crank on the opposite side and the chain stay, then standing on it.

Basically if you don't have a compatible spanner, this is a cheap tool to fill the gap in your workshop. If you do have a compatible spanner, this is very likely NOT an upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 12 Mar 2014
A. P. Hayward - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
as it says on the tin! Husband happy to tinker with pedals now and saves taking the bikes to the shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
No complaints here. It does the job I bought it for. Seems nice and sturdy. The price was decent too.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good (1 week review), 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PW5 Home Mechanic Pedal Wrench (Sports)
The product was much lighter than expected so was a bit sceptical but made a difficult job very easy.

Extremely good for the price only gave 4 stars because I've only had it one week but if stays like this over time then I'll happily award 5*

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›