5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Cheerful Fun!
Published on 22 Aug 2008 by SJO

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Bought this for my brother because for some reason he wanted it, it was kind of funny to start with, but I don't really get the point of it
Published 18 months ago by Bla bla bla bla bladdy bla bla

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Cheerful Fun!, 22 Aug 2008
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Another impulse buy, turned out to be great fun. Little thing is a bit on the hard side and not too cuddly like normal stuffed toys. Does fly across the lounge and can be chucked at unsuspecting guests, which usually make for a great laugh by everyone around in a party. Screams really loud and can give one a bit of a shock if it hits you while you are working and concentrating hard on something else.

Not sure about durability, so I just went for fair. I just don't see this lasting for more than a few months with so much chucking about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Monkey Magic!, 17 Dec 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Loved it - but sadly it broke quite quickly: this may be due to the fact grown men were playing with it and not little kids though.

I saw this and had to have it. I don't have any kids of my own, so used my mates kids as a perfect excuse to buy this and have a play before giving it to them. It's basically (as the name suggests) a flying monkey; decked out in a cape and mask. His little hands fit over your fingers then you then pull him back, his arms stretch, you let go and he flies off. When in flight he has a motion sensor than starts him of making monkey sounds: "Ooh-Ooh -Ooh -Argh-Argh-Argh!" It's pretty funny.

It arrived and it's awesome - it's priced really well for what you get and the monkey looks wicked. He flies really well too. Sadly one of his hands came off before I could give it to my mates kid (I think I got a bit overzealous pulling him back with my mates down the pub... I should explain that the guy whose son I bought it for runs a pub, and I was there having a few beers with mates before handy it over), but we managed to tie his hand back on and all was OK in the end. The child being only 3 didn't seem to mind or notice.

I'm not sure my mate is such a big fan of it now though - he loved it when we were playing with it in his bar, but about a week later I was in the pub again, and he just said: "Thanks a lot mate... Arthur, " his son, "keeps waking me in the morning by hitting me over the head with that stupid monkey."

It seems Arthur found the fact that he could hit daddy with it and it set the monkey off screaming and making monkey noises endlessly more entertaining than the fact it could fly. I also heard from my mate that there's no way to turn off the screaming or take the batteries out. He'd tried but failed. Kids huh? Who'd have them... their only redeeming point: you get to play with cool toys like this as an adult.

5.0 out of 5 stars what fun, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
i love this monkey, we have had many a giggle watching this monkey "fly" along the hallway, downstairs etc.
i would highly recomend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids are going ape!, 8 Jan 2010
D. JENKYN "DJ" (Moreton-in-Marsh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Very amusing toy bought originally as a jokey Christmas "stocking-filler" for my brother (he only wears the stockings on Friday nights in the privacy of his own home!).
Anyway this screaming monkey is a real hoot and it soon got commandeered by the kids so has been flying around the house over Christmas.
Seems pretty robust and safe to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning - This is NOT a real monkey!, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Be aware that this is not a real monkey.
It feels soft like a monkey and when you throw it it screams like I imagine a monkey would scream if you stretched its arms but if you try to feed it a banana it does not eat it, the banana simply squashes on its face and gets stuck in its fur.
Hopefully I will get a better result with the screaming chicken that I have recently ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars 23 year old in love, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Brought this as a joke Christmas present for a 23 year old boy, he absolutely loves it (but the dogs aren't so sure!). Even wrapped up when I chucked it at him it screamed and made him jump, and that was just the start of the endless fun we've had with this toy since. Worth every penny, would definitely recommend. Our whole family love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weeee!, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
I love this flying monkey.... it freaked my psychologist out when I kept flinging it at her ... bwaaahahahaha! Eeek Eeeeeeeeeek!

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, my cat doesn't., 10 Jun 2013
R. Bradley (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Not sure if it's been used yet but it was a very 'gimmicky' present so I think it filled that box. The cat hates it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Monkey, 12 Mar 2013
Mrs. S. P. Fraser "abinequine" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
It didn't fly very well and it didn't scream. I was really disappointed as I thought it'd be really good fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Annoying but fun..., 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Screaming Flying Monkey! (Toy)
Gave our Xmas day a really noisy atmosphere as these were flung around...buy buy buy for friends children and watch then hate you forever...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›