on 3 November 2012
I use this rack to hold my battery (about 6 kilos) and the frame looked initially impressive and fitted well with enough adjustments.

But the frame has failed under the 6 kilo weight and has bent on itself (the curved rods supporting it have bent right over and could not handle the weight I guess).

I use this on my bike for work commutes and the hardest terrain it has experience is a kerb. So unless you're just carrying things under 6 kilo's, it may fail on you.
on 12 August 2013
took this pannier rack on a tour across europe (1,800 km) for a week and, despite packing light at 13 kg, my rack completely SNAPPED in half on BOTH sides. my friend also had the same rack and upon inspection his was severely BENT on both sides. do not buy this product it is so naf. in the end i had to buy a new rack in cologne the next morning which was a right pain.
on 18 April 2012
Great when it arrived and it looked and felt every bit the top kit. But when it came to attaching it to my mountain bike it was a lot more complicated than I had inmagined. No nuts and bolts suppled, had to search through my shed to find suitable fixings, ok fitting to the wheel, but not so easy to fit under the saddle with the adjustable arms. I eventually bastardised some nylon electrical cable fittings to secure it to the frame. Perfect once sorted, but took a bit of ingenuity - and you will need tools to fit this.
on 26 April 2010
I got this rack for my girlfriends bike, as she wanted something cheap so she could get shopping and carry stuff between our 2 places a 20mile round trip.

But Ive had to make serveral ajustments to improve it, the ajustable height being to loose due the lenght of the bolts.

also it did'nt arive with the front arms as with the one in the photo, I asked for new ones to be sent but they have never arived.

My GF got a new bike that requied a central 3 point mounting so I brought a new hard wear kit, and drilled two holes in the rack and now I'd say that I would almost be happy to have the rack on my own bike, but I have a top peak super tourist, which is what I should have got for my GF.

I would have sent it straight back but for the time and the money I would loose returning it was'nt worth the hassle, I would do better selling it again on ebay .
on 10 September 2012
The rack does not fit the frame of my bike. Although advertised as fitting all frames (or most of them) it needs a bracket or different supports that are not provided (although stated differently on the ad and I quote: 'Includes bolts & bracket to accommodate most frames') to be mounted on road/race bikes with no bolt holes above the back brakes line on the frame. Forgot to mention that in the ad. I went to Halfords, BQ, bike shops and Hardware stores in town, none has a bracket or anything that would do to replace the missing bracket (spent a week looking around wasting time and money). Color not as advertised being black smoked instead of the shiny black as in the picture. The bolts were too small for the frame of my bike, which by the way would normally be paired (not in this case) with the relative lock nuts in order to avoid needing to tighten them up every day (safety ? apparently not an issue here). Packaging was ridiculous, basically only a plastic bag with no protection (hence received it scratched). Instructions are useless. Tools (Allen key) not provided. Not sure if the seller will refund. Will keep you posted. Update: received return approval but no label to be printed for free return delivery as for other items. No certitude given on the amount to be refunded and return costs(100% ?.. spent 4.5GBP of postage). Will keep you posted. Update. Got the refund only after 2 weeks and only for the item not for the 4GBP spent to return the item to them. Won't buy again with bikes4life.
on 22 July 2009
This was delivered quickly and was as described. Fitting was fairly straightforward except I have mudguards fitted and these needed adjusting. On the whole well worth it.
on 9 January 2012
I bought this to fit my Cannondale Road Warrior so that I could fit rear panniers for a bit of touring. The Road Warrior has the threaded mounting points below the seat post and at the spindle area of the frame so the rack took about 5 minutes to fit and appears to be very sturdy in position. A couple of features I particularly liked are:

1. The rear mounting point for a light
2. The extra section of frame were the back of the pannier sits against the rack. This gives a larger surface area for the pannier to rest against ensuring that the pannier is kept away from the wheel.

If you don't have the necessary mounting points under the seat or at the spindle and you don't have the ability to improvise then this isn't the rack for you. But if you have the mounting holes on your frame it fits very easily with a good range of adjustment.
on 19 May 2010
They seem to be exactly as expected. Sturdy enough once on the bike although the instructions werent very clearly printed out (the included black and white drawings are more helpful than written ones). None of the parts are numbered, but most of the assembly of the parts themselves has already been done which more or less just leaves fitting the rack to the bike.

Before fitting the panniers I would recommend you have a 4mm alun (sp?) key. Mine just fitted so whether or not mine has worn down and a 3mm would serve you better I have no idea, maybe best to be prepared and have both!

My only problem/snag was that the lower screws which fit onto Y frame over the wheel were way too big and I used ones from my tool box.

I havent given them a full test drive as yet but have given them a look over to see if they would allow anything to drape over the wheel and it doesnt seem so. But thats also a combination of the which panniers and bags etc.

All in all, a bit fiddley to fit, but with some minor adjustments and tinkering, seem to be very good.
on 19 May 2010
The item was delivered very quickly and exactly as described. After a quick check I noticed that it is not really compatible with bike that has rear disc brakes, there's just nothing to attach the bracket to. So at the moment it's basically useless to me. However of course it's not useless completely, I'll get few holes drilled, few extra self-made brackets here and there and I hope to get it up and running soon.

In general it seems a good item, just be carefull if you have these rear disc brakes, they just take the space and holes that this rack needs.
on 10 April 2012
When I tried fitting it to my city/touring bike I was disappointed to see that the arms connecting the rack with the frame were too short. In general I found the connecting arms a bit too flimsy with several interlocking objects which needed to sit at a certain angle before they could be fixed with the supplied screws to the rack. Even on it's biggest setting the rack was still slightly slanted. The same applied when I tried it on my boyfriend's bike.

I also found the rack a bit narrow where it was supposed to fit on the frame by the back wheel. When I bought the product I did not see any indication for size so assumed it would fit an adult shaped bike and attempting to shape it into shape resulted in the rack being bend where the screws fix to the rack.

I'd recommend going to a shop to actually find a rack that fits - I found a very good substitute for a fraction of a price more from a small independent bike shop.

See one answered question