Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 6 July 2011
I bought this because it's the biggest manhattan shaker I can find - as anyone who's made martini's for more than two people will be sure to appreciate.

For the most part, this is a great shaker - the parts all fit snugly together, and there's no danger of the thing flying apart as you shake (not that I think you should shake a martini, but that's another story), and the base is double-bottomed so as to keep as cold as possible on a hot day. It's really nicely constructed and looks pretty swish (and is mercifully tolerant of fingerprints and stray alcohol). Downside is that the strainer needs more of a lip on it - it has a slight tendency to dribble a little over the glass becase the filter holes are pretty much flush with the rim so pouring can be a tad unpredictable. It's easy to work around but a bit of a design flaw.

Edit circa 2014: As you may have seen in the comments, a rep from Drinkstuff pointed me at a considerably more Rolls Roycey cooler over here: Stainless Steel Double Wall Cocktail Shaker 24oz Clear | Cobbler Cocktail Shaker, Cocktail Mixer | 24oz Cocktail Shaker. It's the best manhattan shaker I've used to date (granted I've only had it for a few weeks), so if you can live with the price tag I can only recommend you go for that one.
44 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2008
If you're looking just to shake a few cocktails every now and then this is the shaker for you. Easy to use, Cheap and has a built in strainer and really does make a difference to the taste of a cocktail.

The only problem i had with this shaker is that every now and then the strainer part fell into the cocktail (as it's not attached!)
on 17 November 2011
The shaker itself is pretty good for the price, well finished, reasonable quality metal, no sharp bits, etc...but...don't be fooled by the line in product details that says 'Colour Retail box making this item perfect as a gift' - mine came in a slightly tatty white corugated cardboard box stuck together with selotape.
on 12 October 2010
Good value product and looks great. Large enough to make a few glasses. Cheers!
on 26 August 2012
not the sturdiest of the shaker but very good for home use. Only thing is it has an extra whole, a bigger one, on the strainer which doesn't really do any good to it in terms of practicality. I have to use it the other way round to avoid spillage. All in all a good item for the price thou.
on 9 December 2013
Working in the cocktail bar industry, I work with very expensive versions of this, and I generally can't fault this item. For price and for use its perfect. Great little pressie for my friends at a cocktail party coming up soon!
on 28 June 2013
Unfortunately the shaker didn't arrive to me amazingly clean... It had scratches on the outside and is a fairly ordinary shaker.

Not worth the money, my friend got his from ASDA and it was in better condition.

However, this shaker effectively made me drinks all night, and as common courtesy, I must give it some credit where is due.

UPDATE:
I'd also like to note that unfortunately, after only three uses the metal on the inside has started to rust!
It doesn't look very appetising and I'm scared to continue using it!
Not worth the money.
on 3 January 2014
Purchased two of these cocktail shakers one for my son as a Christmas present and one for myself as a treat. Very pleased with the quality of the item and can recommend it for quality compared to some at a much higher price.
on 13 February 2013
the shaker does exactly what it says and makes it very easy to make great tasting drinks. very surorised at how cold the drink can be when you onlly put ice in the shaker and not the glass.
on 10 March 2012
The product arrived as promised and we were pleasantly surprised what good value it is at the price! Strongly recommend you get one for the summer days ahead...