5.0 out of 5 stars D-Link DIR-615
I bought this router to replace my old router because my other router was no good for my PS3.

Setup was very simple it took me about 15 minutes to set everything up, the connection is excellent and the speed of the router is very fast.

Published on 19 Nov 2008 by Tony Burder

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and its performance shows why.
This may at first seem like a good value router, but its really not a wise investment. The router does seem well constructed for the money, has decent range, average speed throughput, and a good, easy to configure user interface.
However where it really falls down is the limitation on connections and the unreliability of the firmware. I have had to reboot mine nearly...
Published on 18 Jan 2010 by GeeJayBee

5.0 out of 5 stars D-Link DIR-615, 19 Nov 2008
Tony Burder (Leicester,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N 300Mbps wireless Cable Router - 4 Port 10/100 Switch & Xbox Live service compatibility (Electronics)

My PS3 found the wireless router straight the way and the signal strength was 90% my router is downstairs and my PS3 is upstairs so its got a good range on it to. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars D-link 615 is all you need for great gaming on xbox/ps3, 14 Jan 2011
i had seen a few mixed reviews on this router but decided to give it a go as i have never had a problem with any D-link product before,and i was not let down.This is the best cable router i have used to date,with the kids both playing COD online on the x-box360 and ps3 no lag nice fast speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Router from D-Link, 18 Dec 2010
I got this Router for a friend to replace his previous Belkin Router which looked like something that came out of a lucky bag to be honest, really cheap and nasty sort of device that had about as much power in it than that of a battery from Poundland, and was totally inadequate for running his devices with any integrity or quality. The Router was to use in conjunction with his Virgin modem to which the Belkin was doing a really poor job of it. One thing that I will say for D-Link is that they are great quality built Routers that are capable of running everything you can throw at them. I have one myself though not this particular model number, and I can assure you they run perfect, so much so that they have convinced me to choose there company over Netgear who I used to be a great fan of a couple of years back.

The D-Link Dir 615 is a truly great Router at a truly great price, it comes with a quick installation set-up via a CD-Rom Disc, though in reality you do not really need it at all to set this nice little baby up at all. It's a simple procedure to set up and takes all of 5 minutes. My mates devices are now running as sweet as a nut, and he is well pleased and impressed with the D-Link Dir 615, he got quality where it counts for this price and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 4 Nov 2010
First one received didn't work,contacted Trusted goods very good after sales service sent me a return label and a New one in the post, This one works perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to use again. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless technology that's easy to use, 8 Feb 2010
D. Slater - See all my reviews
Does what it says on the box, no problems. Easy to set up, no glitches yet, good coverage from basement to second floor. (It's actually 2 years warranty, not 11 as shown in the advert!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Router, 2 Nov 2010
Mr. John Arhtur Moore (Bradford, UK.) - See all my reviews
good bit of kit. does what is says on the box. No problem setting it up. Worth the brass.

4.0 out of 5 stars D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N 300Mbps wireless Cable R..., 8 Mar 2009
Excellent piece of kit, Easy to install, took about 30 mins and was up and running. Use it for the PS3, I-pod, Wii ect with no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit fiddly getting an IP address, 7 Sep 2008
P. J. Secker (torquay) - See all my reviews
This is a stylish looking router, that was easy to configure and set up, even for a technophobe like me! The only problem I had was establishing an IP address, however after about 10 attempts my PS3 managed to connect. I got this router specifically for use with my PS3, and although my signal strength is only between 25/50%, my PS3 plays beautifully online. I use Virgin cable XL package, and this router is just for this particular media type. I would recommend this router to anyone who has cable. And it comes with an 11 YEAR warranty, how generous is that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Positive! mainly, 9 Mar 2009
D. Powell "powelly" (UK) - See all my reviews
The unit is fairly small and neat (large paperback sized) and was a joy to install - the CD was easy to follow and it all went completely to plan, which is not something I'm used to with computers.
It's been up and running for a while now and it seems to be working well. I've had a couple of drop outs on my laptop, which are probably the laptops fault since the connection to my main computer seems stable. I've not checked the range but my house seems to be well covered.
Gripes - the front of the unit is chock full of lights, many of which flash in use. It's simply too busy to have in your line of sight so on top of the set top box is out. And that's it.
Oh - and Amazon made a complete hash of the order and I had to chase them around for two weeks. Three days before dispatch and then it gets lost and they wanted me to wait forever before sending a replacement...not good.

[edit] The unit failed completely in July 2011 so it was a short life - it wasn't abused in any way. It was replaced by....the same model because it was incredibly cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need any other router, 22 Mar 2009
tastyfish (The West Country, England) - See all my reviews
I would say I'm not a technophobe so when some of my more technically-challenged friends started 'going wireless' I felt I could no longer remain in the 'wired' world and made the decision to join them.

I didn't really know anything about wireless routers so read some reviews here and did a little research on t'internet. I did find out that I needed one for a cable connection (as opposed to a BT line style connection). This router is ideal if you're on a cable connection such as Virgin Media, for example. I also found out that it has the latest security standard (class n) and has a fairly high Mbps data transfer rate. It also has 4 ports. I live in a modern 3-bed house and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the signal. Even my neighbours have picked it up.

I have a 10Mbps connection with Virgin. When I tested my connection speed at an independent broadband speed site my fastest ever connection was achieved through this router.

Setting up is dead easy. It took less than 4 mins. As I said, I am slightly technically-minded and, like another reviewer, I'm not usually one who uses the enclosed set-up CDs. However, on this occasion I think using the CD was quicker than setting it up manually. The only thing I had to do was set it as the default connection from the Network and Sharing Centre (on Vista) replacing the existing PPOEE (cabled) connection.

It uses 5-6W of power when in use, so it's not a huge drain. Slightly annoyingly it doesn't have an off switch - you have to pull the power cable out or switch off at the wall. You can't even put this one on stand-by! Why the UK government can't make it mandatory for all electrical appliances to have an off switch I don't know. If left on 24x7 this will cost about 6-7 a year to run.

I found this product by searching for routers under 100 with a good customer rating. When I bought this it was 39.99 - I was a little surprised that it's actually gone up in price since!

Pros - all you need for a cable connection and easy to set up
Cons - no off button

ARRAY(0xa28314d4)