5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!
Published on 18 Oct. 2010 by nursey

3.0 out of 5 stars Only as accurate as you let it.
The less of the rod is submerged in the liquid, the less the temperature it reads. I placed it in some freshly boiled water, submerged the tip into it, it read 40 Celcius, whereas if I positioned two thirds of the rod into it, it would reach almost 90 C. So you have to be conscious about that.
I still use it every other day, and it's a lot better than having nothing...
Published on 30 May 2012 by Johannes

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Thermometer (Kitchen & Home)
After purchasing a proper coffee maker it seemed silly to just guess the milk temperature. So a thermometer was needed. I am totally addicted to researching everything I buy, which is why I chose Amazon, as I knew there would be plenty of reviews. This thermometer is just perfect. I just clip it over the top of a stainless steel jug I bought from M&S and it stays there no problems whilst the steam spout does it's thing.

You can watch the dial go up on the reader so you're ready to remove the milk when it reaches the correct temperature. This is indicated by a red section on the dial, around 65 degrees. A simple wipe clean and it's ready to use for next time.

I was in one of the well known coffee houses a couple of days ago, watching them brew the coffees whilst in the queue. Their thermometer I noticed, looked exactly the same as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It lets you measure the temperature of liquids accurately, 9 Sept. 2010
as a thermometer should. The dial is big and nice and easy to read and I actually use it clipped precariously to the side of the milk pan and it works perfectly. There is a red zone between 65C and 70C that indicates froth and having used it in this region it certainly works.

One tip I learnt with my old one, when cleaning it don't immerse, just wipe clean. They aren't water proof and the dial will eventually fill with water.

Not much else to it, simple, effective and of great use in making more enjoyable drinks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only as accurate as you let it., 30 May 2012
I still use it every other day, and it's a lot better than having nothing when frothing milk.
You get what you pay for in this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making yogurt, 8 Mar. 2010
After a few times trying to make yogurt by guessing the temperatures of the milk and failed, I decided to purchase a milk thermometer and ordered this item. It is a perfect gadget for making perfect yogurt!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 10 Nov. 2010
Punit (Mumbai, India) - See all my reviews
Very accurate and practical, can be used for baking also. Build quality excellent, clip holds on well to container.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect froth!, 10 Sept. 2011
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After reading several articles online regarding the need for one's frothy milk to reach the correct temperature I decided to purchase a milk frothing thermometer and this was very reasonably priced. It's very easy to use - simply clip onto the side of your stainless steel jug, insert your frothing arm and bubble away until the milk reaches the optimum temperature - 65-70 degrees - there's a handy red marker to assist you in your endevours. I must admit that since purchasing this my lattes have been much frothier and they're perfect.

I have now bought a new jug from Amazon - hurrah! I may never sleep again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Milk Frother, 3 Jun. 2010
Exactly what it says!

I like the fact that it's adjustable to the height of the milk jug.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works!, 5 April 2011
What else can I say, other than it just works!

Good build quality, and the fact that the spring clip is adjustable is very handy. The temperature gauge is clear and easy to read, and the thermometer is very quick to display the correct temperature. Easy to clean too!
A very handy little gadget if you like making your own cappuccinos etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Thermometer, 21 Jun. 2010
Nainesh Mehta - See all my reviews
If you have a milk frother on your espresso / coffee machine and you like to make cappuccinos then this is a must. It had a clearly labelled temp gauge and a section marked in red when you have reached the correct temp for frothed milk.

It ensures that you dont burn the milk and you will get a perfectly hot coffee everytime!

5.0 out of 5 stars Milk Frothing made easy, 25 Sept. 2011
Couldn't believe that it would make such a difference, excellent value for money I would reccomend it to anyone who has a steam nozzle on thier coffee machine