on 28 January 2010
I recently bought a new Iron which advised that distilled water be used in it. This is to prevent the build up of limescale which may cause it to malfunction. I searched supermarkets, petrol stations and hardware stores for the distilled water, to no avail. So I used tap water which caused the Iron to leak.

My mother told me that they used deionised water which worked well.

I was relieved to find it on Amazon, at a good price. The Iron no longer leaks, so we're very happy with the product.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2011
After purchasing a smaller 1 litre bottle & having no problems, I stepped up my next order to a 5 litre container of the same product. I have had no problems whilst using it, & would use it again.
on 21 March 2013
Excellent value - recommended. Fab for irons and we use it for our carpet steam cleaner. Cheapest around as other high st shops charge double.
If you live in a hard water area it is essential that you use deionised water in your irons - I learned the hard way after an expensive iron furred up so much I couldn't use it and had to buy a new one. This water should alleviate that problem.

The bottle also says that it prevents rust in irons. I had never thought about what caused rust in irons before but I lost an expensive white blouse once when I ironed it first and a blast of steam left a very unsightly rusty mark on the material. So, even if you don't have hard water it is worth considering using deionised water if it does stop rust.

Finally the water can also be used in car batteries to top them up.

The bottle contains 5 litres so expect it to be a fair weight - it was handy not having to carry it home from the shops.

Other than that, there isn't much else to say about this deionised water - it does its job exactly as you would expect.
on 9 March 2012
I bought that product to use with a steam generation iron. The product was extremely well packaged, delivered very swiftly and has proved to be very good value. Highly recommend the seller.
on 10 January 2012
Yes, this water is perfect for ironing. I have used the regular de-ionized water available in stores but they are always scented with some chemicals, and as we have a little baby on board, those chemicals are big no-no. This de-ionized water is perfect.
on 27 October 2015
The two bottle of deionised water I received are from Dynamite products limited, not top-up-water as advertised. It's clearly from a different company. It's still deionised water, so it will do the job. But I dont like the fact that they sending me the product that is from another company I have never heard. A photo has been attached, clearly that one is from a different company.
review image
on 29 May 2013
Delighted with my purchase and still going strong along with the steam mop. In use every other day. A very wise buy and cannot complain. Glad that I went ahead and bought the above.
on 29 January 2013
I recieved a bottle of water by Homecare essentials not TUW as advertised. It looked like the bottle shown in the video review.

More importantly however the water i recieved was clearly not de-ionised as testing with a TDS meter gave a reading of about 100 when it should be 0.
This could have been because the bottle i recieved had leaked.
on 10 November 2015
Turned out to be just what I needed! I used to purchase (for my steam iron and steam mop) an item which was a plastic bottle containing crystals to which you added water and could be topped up until crystals turned red but that company don't seem to be around any more. So you can imagine my surprise when this huge item weighing a ton (thankfully free postage) arrived on my doorstep! But the contents are perfect for my needs. My mistake for not reading description properly.

Saying all of the above item is perfect for my needs and will last ages.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse