on 31 January 2011
I bought this toughened pouch/holster for my mobile phone. I am outside a lot, on (conservation) work and things inevitably get 'bashed' about at times.
I've already (sadly) trashed a toughened Casio wrist watch. I decided to use the holster to keep a (12 function) multi-tool in, as it fits perfectly, too. The pouch has a large patch of velcro on the cover/flap, so various sized phones will fit inside.
It also has a belt loop as well as a clip. So the double choice means using the clip will make it easier to remove the pouch and contents from the belt, without having to undo it at the buckle, and slip it through the (several) waist loops.
It is shaping up to be a very good, hard-wearing tool/phone holder. I am already considering buying another one - one that WILL be used for my phone!
on 12 February 2012
I bought the holster for my mobile phone.

There is a large metal clip designed to hold the phone on to your belt. This has let me down and the phone has come off and dropped to the floor.

I am now using the belt loop on the holster and the phone stays on. I think that this should be made of a stronger material, but otherwise it does the job well. The metal clip tends to get in the way.

Four stars for value and the fact it is the cheapest on the market, two stars for rugged construction.
on 9 July 2011
Good value for money.
Easy to loop belt through so as to place it on a handy convenient part of the hip.
Robust
Irwin 10505372 Mobile Phone Holster
on 17 August 2012
My husband gets through phone cases alot! So this one has stood the test of time. He is in a physical and dirty job so his phone is nicely protected in this well made and great little case. It easily fits onto his belt and the fastening is just as good as the day I bought it. Would be happy to say this case is worth ordering :)
on 4 June 2012
I have used this at work for a long time now and it is still going strong. I like the fact that it can be clipped on a belt, a belt can be threaded though it either horizontally or vertically, making it so adaptable. It is strong in construction and large enough to take my Htc smartphone snuggly and they are larger than an i phone. The velcro fastening works fine and so my only minus would be that it's not stylish, just functional but I would buy another if it were to wear out.
on 11 May 2013
Too small for my phone - two different sets of dimensions are listed above. First they say 22 cm then beneath they say 12.5 cm. The actual product is 12.5cm.
on 14 November 2014
Sorry to read that the holster has now been discontinued. I bought one recently and had hoped to buy another one.
I had been looking for a product like this for a long time. Most retailers just gave me a blank look when I asked about holsters as they were probably just interested in selling the latest mobiles! As I have to work away from my van this is just what I had been looking for.
Initially, the metal clasp can be quite stiff but after a time it is perfect and no-one has yet called me "Irwin!"
on 23 December 2011
The mobile phone holster is sturdy, functional and smart. It is not too bulky to be of use while working.
on 3 May 2013
The product is a very sturdy build and big enough to carry most types of phones which is good should I decide to 'upgrade'. Have had lots of different types of phone holster most have fell apart within a couple of months due to wear and tear - this one looks like it will go the distance.
on 19 March 2014
Certainly not elegant, but does the job for a really good price. Has a spring clip on the back, and also has vertical and horizontal belt mounting loops. Only gave it 4 stars as the material is a little lighter weight than I had expected, but overall, excellent choice for the money.