5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
I bought this Stove from Amazon for a measly £5,(they have put the price up again now but I still believe it's worth it) it really is absolutely great. I used it yesterday , and did use a whole cannister in one night making lots of tea and cooking dinner and breakfast, but it is stable, compact and very easy to use. Highly recommended.
Published on 31 Aug 2008 by S. King

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stove but STOPGAS version more useful
Good stove, but would be helped by windshield.

No fixed simmer setting.

Published on 19 Jun 2011 by David Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 31 Aug 2008
S. King (Bedfordshire, Uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Little Stove, 20 Sep 2008
Andrew Kerr (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
The "Campingaz Camp Bistro" is easy to light (using an automatic piezo ignition) giving you instant heat and the control knob varies the output. On its highest setting it's powerful and can easily cook your breakfast or simply boil your water for your tea. This stove runs on the CP 250 gas cartridge, which can be found anywhere even on Amazon (Cp250 Isobupane Gas 250g 202207) but more to the point they are really cheap - especially considering the current price of mains gas and last for a good amount of time meaning you don't have to carry half a dozen with you. This item is great, perfect for camping trips because it is lightweight and compact and the carry case is pretty smart. Considering how cheap this item was in the first place it is extremely good value for money. So if you like hot food while your out in the wildness or simply camping out in the back garden, then this is the ideal solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 14 July 2009
Shaya (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
Wonderful little stove. Heats well and boils a kettle very quickly. It uses a cannister of butaine gas and it lasts well (we found 1 cannister lasts about a day,) and that is for Boiling kettles for countless cups of tea and washing up, frying bacon and making lunch and dinner. Ok so we don't go mad mainly cans etc.
I quickly found that 1 was not enough (making dinner we had to keep revolving the pans, had the rice on for 5 mins then the tinned meatballs etc etc, took ages!) so went and bought another for the next time we camped and was glad I did.
Many of my friends have the more conventional stoves attached to a gas cylinder but I prefer this type.
Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Light my Fire, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
I don't go on holiday to cook and i don't go camping to spend endless hours cooking either. Esseentially, what i want is a simple solution to boil a kettle, cook basic items.

These gaz stoves are perfect - I bought two, rather than opt for the twin burner stove, which requires me to carry a large gas bottle. Gas for the stoves is cheap and easily obtainable and NO FUSS. And what i like is they come in their own little plastic carry case = perfect for storage.

Whether you're pottering in the garage/shed and just want a quick brew, or you're out being at one with nature, or just camping and enjoying the view this stove is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little cooker, 7 Jun 2011
Thomas Pots "T Pots" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
My girlfriend and I bought ours for a camping road tour around France in a little sports car. We took with us just some clothing, a ridge tent, cooking utensils and pots, and this cooker. The cooker was ideal for the purpose. We used it to prepare all kinds of meals, from simple boiled water for tea and coffee and soups, to a range of quite fancy dishes.

Set up is easy enough. You take the cooker out of its plastic case, flip over the black metal grill so a pan can stand on it, then put the cooker somewhere flat and away from anything flammable. The gas cannister goes inside the unit. A flap lifts up on the right-hand side, and you just slot in the cannister. You then light the burner with the built-in striker, and you're cooking. There's a little hole in the top, through which you can see if there is a cannister inside already, but it's so light you can feel if there's one inside. It stands on four little feet. Be sure to get all four feet on something solid (a bit of wood or flat ground is fine), so it doesn't wobble, otherwise you may end up with a tipped-over pot.

It almost deserves the full 5 stars, as it does very well what it is designed to do. I did however have a problem with shielding it from the wind. Even a slight breeze blows the flame about (though it does stay going), which reduces its heating effect and therefore wastes gas. It would benefit from a folding metal panel for the purpose. I stood the open plastic case on its side to make a shield. This isn't in the manual so I cannot recommend this action, but I kept it far enough away to not melt, and all was well. I also reckon it could have been made a bit more compact. The blue surround doesn't have anything inside it, so isn't really necessary, and the case is quite big considering the size of the cooker.

All in all, it's a great little cooker for the money. I won't be selling mine any time soon. After a long journey followed by pitching the tent in a rain storm, it's really satisfying to set up this cooker and make a brew, or cook up a pot of "bangers and beans".

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stove but STOPGAS version more useful, 19 Jun 2011
David Grant (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
Good stove, but would be helped by windshield.

No fixed simmer setting.

The cartridges are cheap, but beware that the Camping Gaz CP250 holds 250 grams of gas and the competitors' cartridges hold 227g when matching prices. The 300 Bistro has smaller footprint for table top use (outdoors only without STOPGAS)but doesn't take the cheap cartridges.

Useful plastic carry case.

If you want a double version, the Sunncamp double Uno boasts 2 x 2500 watts, but will not fit on a camp kitchen and doesn't have a case.

If you want to use this indoors, forget it unless you buy the STOPGAS version, which Campingaz, only think should be sold to the French and German markets, though, there are some to be had on Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was great until it broke, 18 Aug 2009
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
Bought one of these for our camping trips last year. Used it a couple of times and then it went away for the winter. I like the fact that the pans you are heating are close to the burner unlike the double burners with grill that you can buy - these can take forever to heat a pan of water. The gas canisters are also easy to use and easy and cheap to obtain as and when you want them. There is also an automatic light facility which clicks in when you turn the gas level. Unfortunately this is the part that let me down. Took the burner with me this weekend and on trying to light the knob broke clean off and I was then unable to use the burner in any way. Luckily we had taken another single burner (a different make) and were able to use this one. I would still buy these burners but use them as a backup rather than as my main cooking source and will probably upgrade to an all singing all dancing gas grill for our future camping trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little stove, 24 July 2009
M. Creasey "Photo mad" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
The Campingaz Bistro is perfect for occassional campers. I cooked a full breakfast on this stove very easily. One gas can lasted 2 days which was ideal. The stove comes with its own carry case and is easy to clean should it get covered in bits of food. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty, 4 Nov 2011
A. Lowe "oldlowie" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
We have a Cadac gas BBQ that we normally use when cooking outside when we are on our motorhoming travels. That's fine if we are staying somewhere for a few days, as it's a bit of a faff getting it set up and the gas pipe connected etc.

If we are having a one night stop-over and a quick bite to eat, out comes this nifty little thing. It cooks very quickly and will take a large frying pan easily, and the gas cylinders are the same as for our little space heater, and seem to last a long time. If you shop around you can get these cylinders in a four-pack for £3.99 (try not to pay any more!)

It is very suitable for outdoor use as it never seems to blow out, however windy the weather. There are lots of these cookers on the market, in all colours and brands, but this one seems well-built and should last a long time.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really handy and with easy ignition, 16 Jun 2012
K. Morrison "karenmorrison4" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
We have several camping stoves, everything from a campingaz double burner and grill (that's still going well after 30 years) to small hex block burners plus all sorts imbetween

Bought the Campingaz Camp Bistro mainly for it's flatness and stability, without the weight of larger stoves or the necessity to take heavy gas bottle, adapter and line. It comes in a handy carry case and in use doesn't project heat excessive heat downwards which means it can be used on a plastic/laminate table - we do protect the table surface with a small silicone mat just in case (Poundland special!)

The automatic ignition is excellent - no pfaffing around with soggy matches and the flame is reasonably adjustable.

The whole unit is simple and easy to clean.

The cartridges are readily available and are easy to load with a secure locking mechanism that gives you peace of mind.

Great lightish stove that's stable and reliable in use, perfect for short weekend trips away when you don't want to take a full kitchen's worth of gear

Campingaz Camp Bistro