5.0 out of 5 stars Best Juicer I ever bought!
I had a Philips juicer with conical centrifuge. It was completely useless as most of the fruit flew straight from the centrifuge to the pulp extraction bin which filled up after a couple of apples and leaving only a small dribble as juice. It was hard to clean with several complex parts.

The Magimix on the hand is a dream to use. It has a cylindrical centrifuge...
Published on 31 Aug 2009 by Arijit Sadhu

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I received my Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL and at first glance was impressed with the solid feel and quality of the components.

Published 21 months ago by Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Juicer I ever bought!, 31 Aug 2009
Arijit Sadhu "HarryCambs" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)

The Magimix on the hand is a dream to use. It has a cylindrical centrifuge which extracts the whole fruit leaving the pulp dry as cardboard which is easily emptied afterwards. I normally do a dozen apples at a time which only takes 5 minutes before emptying the centrifuge. The large feed tube allows whole fruits like apples and pears. It is extremely easy to clean with a few simple parts (4) and only takes a couple of minutes. It is also very quite although It might vibrate at times.
I want to use this juicer until the end of its life and I will definitely get another one afterwards.

So for anyone who has an apple tree or pear tree like myself I would highly recommend it. It is a bit pricey but definitely worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, 4 Sep 2009
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)
Purchased this juicer about 3 weeks ago and have used it a few times now - have been very pleased with performance. We purchased a new juicer as our old one required us to chop the fruit up very small and this was just too time consuming. This juicer has lived up to our expectations and we can now juice whole carrots and other fruit (apples pears etc) only require cutting in half so they fit down the tube, and no de-seeding! It does a great job of getting as much of the juice out of the fruit as possible (not like our old one) and the pulp is nice and dry like you want it to be - I believe this is because of the centrifuge method of extraction used.
A little tip to get the most juice possible is to leave it running for about 30 secs after last fruit is put in so it spins every last drop of juice out of the pulp.
This juicer is great for a small kitchen as it doesn't have a hopper and is therefore much smaller than most juicers of this spec (for example the Philips HR1861) and quite frankly looks a lot better sitting on your counter top - ideal for if you are planning to use it regularly and you don't want to have to drag it in and out of cupboards. The juicer is also very easy to clean, having only 4 large parts which come a off easily - the only issue is it is very hard to get the last little bit of pulp from inside the mesh but this isn't really an big problem.
Ok, so nothing it perfect and this one has a few minor issues. First of all it is a very heavy little unit for its size but this is due to the heavy duty motor (with 12 yr warranty) so is worth it. Second, due to the centrifuge method of extraction used, you will need to clean the pulp out after about every 1-2 glasses of juice made but due to the simple nature of cleaning this is such a problem. Third, you have to push quite hard to get the fruit in, esp. carrots, so be prepared to put a little muscle work in. ;-)
All in all, a great purchase and worth the premium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 7 Oct 2009
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)
A really solid and easy to use juicer. Not too bad to clean. Wonderful juices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)
I have just bought this Juicer and its excellent.My old juicer i have hardly any juice out of fruit but with the Magimix so much juice comes out.
I use a toothbrush to clean it while running under a cold tap and for me it cleans it good.
Dont bother buying a cheap juicer as you will waste so much cash by the fruit ending up as pulp and not juice.

If like me you dont eat much fruit but can drink real fruit juice its well worth buying.

Must admit i didnt pay any where near the advertised price as bought it off a friend but would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it!, 12 Jun 2010
V. Ballinger "Remy booker" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)
Having reviewed all relevant juicers and living in France, I ordered the Magimix 14251 Duo XL from Amazon because Amazon offered the lowest price. This was way below the prices in France for this product. As the postage to France was negligable, it was a very good deal.

Never having "juiced" before I now realise the necessity of having a robust machine. Some of the juices take between 10 and 15 minutes and this model has a 12 year guarantee for the motor which I'm really pleased about! I think I'd be a bit worried if I didn't have that.

I bought the cream model after great deliberation and it does look a bit "50-ish" - not high-tech at all. But it does the job and is quite easy to clean - but by hand. You can't use the dish washer very time as you need to brush out all the tiny bits of fruit and veg left behind. A bit if a bind but you get used to it.

Would certainly recommend his model.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)

Remembering this was to replace another make that had given sterling service for eight years but finally gave up, I expected at least similar or even better results, bearing in mind the product was from one of the finest manufacturers of kitchen equipment and did not need a separate hopper.

How wrong can one be?? The filter is a messy awkward thing to clean, spent a long time at the sink. It leaves a dirty residue under the filter that has to somehow be cleaned out. It says in the manual you can raise the spout for cleaning, mine would not raise, no matter how I tried!

Magimix state they have researched all models to make sure their juicer is the best. WRONG!!! I am disappointed and if I had not cut off and changed the plug for a Spanish one, I would have returned the product for a refund!!

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream (Kitchen & Home)
it definitely juices stuff alright.

it's got a nice solid feel to it and the motor guarantee is amazing.

however, it has developed a bad rattle and it's LOUD! i contacted the manufacturer who were pleasant enough about it and sent me a new main collector and drum, but after a while this started doing the same thing, so i think it's a design flaw.

i also noticed that there is some markings on the inside of the plastic collector (caused by the drum rubbing up against it), so i am probably ingesting tiny amounts of plastic along with my healthy vegetable juices, so i'm not pleased about that!

i will buy another juicer in due course, but will continue using this one for now.

Magimix 14251 Le Duo XL Juicer Cream