5.0 out of 5 stars Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Better than Expected)
As a heads up, I Used to use an Ideazon Z-Board, as was a MMORPG'er, but since I've stopped playing, I didn't see the need for an interchangeable keyboard (That was starting to wear down after 3 year use)

Well... What Can I Say? It's a lot better than I expected it to be. I don't think you would be disappointed.

I thought it was going to be an...
Published on 5 April 2011 by Daniel L. Batcup

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but fails quickly
Whilst the feature set and looks of this keyboard are lovely, considering the cost involved it is cheaply built and doesn't last long.

Published on 16 Feb. 2012 by D. Powderhill

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Better than Expected), 5 April 2011
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)

I thought it was going to be an average keyboard, with backlighting, but was I wrong. It's a cross between an Awesome Keyboard and Star-Trek. I absolutely Love it.

I have only been playing with it for two days, but even so, I'm that impressed.

Lets start with the Backlighting; there are 5 colours to choose from, with 5 different brightness settings (4 on, 1 off). I will say it would be nice to see a light blue colour, but that's just me. The colour really intensifies the keys, and makes playing in the night so much more enjoyable

Then, The Cyborg settings, which allow the user to change the separate key settings with colours and brightness, is an absolute charm, As when I've tried playing it with the full brightness on all keys, was very distracting, So I dimmed down all other keys apart from WASD, and the changes in my kill streak increased, as the keyboard wasn't distracting, but was easy enough to see every other key in the darkness (Especially good, when you have keys bound to in-game commands that are close to each other, and you accidentally press the wrong one, this completely solves the issue), and the fact that Cyborg mode, disables the windows key, is a life saver. The amount of times, that the windows key has interrupted my game play, I can't even count.

Despite the number of people, that think that the metallic keys will hinder the touch typing amongst us, I am a very avid touch-typer, and honestly, there is a slight difference in texture of the keys, but that doesn't affect typing in any way, shape, or form, and even though they are metallic, they respond to the lightest of touches, and the spacebar, has always reverted back to its full upright position, when being used constantly, so don't let other reviews, that say the feel of the keys ruins the keyboard is a fallacy. Personally, I think it makes the keyboard, and will always be useful in gaming, that those keys will last much longer than the rest of them.

Onto the touch-pad along the top of the keyboard... If you ever buy this, and take it out of the box, you'd think that it's really retro. As soon as it's plugged in, the keyboard springs to life, and the touchpad resembles a Star-Trek Console (No Kidding!) All it needs is the star-trek button sounds... and it'd be a replica!

The touch-pad is very sensitive, and I'm a heavy-handed person, and it only takes a light touch to activate the buttons. One thing that I don't really see the point of is the switching the lights off on the keyboard. The Metallic keys, when the lights are off, glare, and make it awkward to see, but with the lights on its lowest brightness setting, it makes them easier to read (Not too bad for touch-typers, but for other users, its a bit of an annoyance)

I still haven't attempted to program the 12 additional buttons on the far left and right, but I will be attempting it, within the next week, and will see how that goes.

Overall, I think this is an AMAZING Keyboard, and well worth the money. If I could give it more than 5*, I would. 25 out of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, But not flawless, 27 Jan. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
To be honest, the rest of the reviews on this keyboard are abit harsh.
This keyboard is quite cheap considering it has 12 fully customisable macro keys, which can be delayed between actions for those who play mmorpgs.
The touch sensitive strip is touch sensitive.. ive had no problems with it and only requires a light touch.
The appearance of the keyboard is up to personal judgement.. personally i like it, its massive, the keys are nicely spaced and it gives a good typing and gaming experience.
I am someone who normally doesnt take well to change and after having my old keyboard for several years, im surprised that ive taken so quickly to this new one.
The lighting is good but i would have liked to see a blue or purple light.. the metal keys do not take away from the keyboard's aesthetic value.
Overall i like this keyboard and dont regret buying it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're after something different..., 26 Dec. 2008
J. Lamb "jimmydettori" (Co. Durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
My wife calls this an Enterprise keyboard.
I call it fun, and it suits me down to the ground.

After a hard time of choosing a new keyboard, I settled on the Saitek Cyborg. I know there's a lot of other 'boards about, but this just shouted "ME". Different looking, personalised back light settings and without breaking the bank.

With the two modes, one for normal use and second for gaming, back lit, with a choice of colours and brightness, it's ideal if your set up is in a darker room, which mine is, or great for playing in the dark, which I do. I do agree the touch sentivity of the volume, audio, light on/off key and 'board light set up keys aren't so much touch sensitive but more push, as you do have to have a fairly hard touch to make them work.

You do have to use a bit more pressure than usual, but I find this handy overall, as you don't want to mess about with the volume etc, if your game/apps use the function keys.

Hitting the central 'Cyborg' face, lights up the gaming keys most used. i.e. WASD, Cursor, number pad (also silver coloured) and side C keys. (the binding keys for single or multiple button pushes in one go) This is real handy if you're an avid gamer, which I am quickly becoming. It also locks the 'Windows' key out, so nothing will happen if you push it accidentally. Very handy if you're in the middle of a fight!!

The disc with software and driver are outdated, but you can easily download the newer versions from Saiteks site with little problems.

The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is the software itself. It's not very user friendly, and the help file (in PDF format) is a bit confusing, as it contains all of the Cyborg range, not just the keyboard. I suppose with more useage and trial and error, things will work out.

Overall, I'm impressed with the style, feel and looks. And so far, only the software has let it down a bit.

If you like gadgets, and something a bit different from the norm, then I would recommend this 'board (some of the main reasons I got it!).

If you want something that just suits your needs, though, and not too garish, then this is NOT for you.

I know over the next few months, I'll be getting the Cyborg mouse and command unit, and if the 'board is anything to go by, they will be just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyborg is brilliant!, 18 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
Some of the previous reviews almost put me off buying this keyboard, but I decided they were the exception to the rule - usually people write when they are angry not when they were satisfied.

The main complaint (before) was that the keys were not great for touch typing. I admit I've felt more responsive keys on other kayboards; they have a 'spongy' feel about them. However I found them excellent for typing unlike the comments made before, and the rest of the keyboard is a very professional build.

The main attraction about the Cyborg is it's impressive light display. Yes there is no "cool" blue, but there are all shades of red, yellow and green which you can assign to different areas. You also have 12 macro keys (which I've yet to use). The whole thing was dead easy to set up; I only plugged in the 1 USB interface, there's another for a by-pass, plus audio/headphone connectors.

I use the Cyborg to play World of Warcraft and its great not to have to put the lights on in the room to see what you are doing.

I'd recommend this illuminated keyboard to anyone who wants the ultimate gaming experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
The keyboard is not as large as I had expected, which is good, I couldn't find dimensions anywhere so here are some, length 54cm x width 23cm x bredth 6cm.

I love the backlighting, it would be nice to have blue but it's so fun and custumisable I don't care. One critisism is that when lighting up wasd the light also lights up zx enough to be a bit annoying, but you might not care.

It's comfortable to use and nothing is in the way.

With the more resistant wasd keys it can be a bit odd at first pressing harder when typing but it's not a huge difference but for gaming it is really helpful epecially when the keys next to them on my old keyboard used to get accidentally pushed and I would make a mistake, its easier to find wasd without having to look at the keyboard.

All touch sensitive controls are fun but with the volume you can hold it down or quickly push it but must wait 1.5 seconds before you can push it again (no big problem there, but i saw another reviewer had this problem.

the extention sockets are great and allow for headphones and mic, this works fine as well as the usb extention.

the only problem is that to use the keyboard you need to have a usb 2.0 port and my only one is stopping me from closing the front cover, but thats just me and my wierd chassis.

I really like the design of it, it's like I have a cool computer as well, it looks good and is also the best looking keyboard I could see over numerous websites.

the software is fine and easy to use and install.

I would reccommend buying this keyboard but before you do check that you have a usb 2.0 port otherwise you wont be able to use it.

As I write this review I am still messing about with the colours and brightnesses of the backlights.

You shouldn't find a better keyboard, I didn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but fails quickly, 16 Feb. 2012
D. Powderhill (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)

The key overlays soon wore off so the backlighting showed only as blobs of colour rather than the letters themselves. The 7 key then stopped working along with the capital H (only when using the right-shift though). Finally the M key stopped working, which was enough for me to chalk it down to a waste of money and return to my old Logitech G15.

If this keyboard was half the price I could understand it somewhat, although even then that's pretty poor, but at what it actually costs it really makes you feel like you've been ripped off. I think I'll stick to Logitech for all of my future gaming keyboards, and would recommend anyone reading this avoid Saitek and do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 29 Nov. 2009
J. L. Giles (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
Having tried and tested all types of keyboards due to my very short stoopid temper, I found this Saitek Cyborg to do exactly as requested on time all the time. I like the way the touch sensitive array buttons are easily usable and understandable Volume, multi media controls, keyboard sector controls, colour and brightness are all on the touch sensitive panel. You have full control over brightness, colours and light configuration, being able to manipulate each sector of the keyboard to your liking. 12 tilt buttons(6 either side of the board) can be configured in the profile editor to take the roll of multi pressing of buttons to just one press..The main game control buttons(movement/spacebar) are coated in chrome to stop wear and tear, not that this is a fantastic new idea but does look rather nice! you can use the board in either normal mode Ie; standard keyboard with coloured background or glide your finger over the touch sensitive Cyborg face mask and the board comes to life lighting up to your own colour configuration, shutting off the Windows short cut key so's not to hit it by mistake half way through a killing spree(We've all done that at some point and know how annoying it can be!). Very well put together and sturdy, I have had it now for approx; 3 months and has taken a couple of beatings and is holding up well!

3.0 out of 5 stars It looks really cool, but I'm gonna return it., 5 Sept. 2009
leeyue (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
The keyboard's backlight is really the coolest one I've ever used. U can change the light in different area of the keyboard, and the touch sensitive key above the main area feels great. What I want to mention additionlly is the volume controllor. My laptop have a function key for volume, however the level can just be adjusted by 3 levels. When I connected the keyboard, yeah, no special drivers, it can adjusted the volume by 1 level! Amazing.
The problem is just like the other guys mentioned, the different sense at WASD keys, SPACE key and direction keys. Actually, I think the direction keys is ok cause you won't use that in your daily typing frequency. However, the WASD and SPACE is really annoying. You need to suffer the different feeling on keystroke everytime you type. For me, maybe this one is faulty, but I found the SPACE cannot be back to the ready position everytime, sometimes it just sank. Therefore, if you just use the keyboard for WASD keys games, it's good. The different keys feels great when you need to hold it longer, like in many FPS games.
By the way, the real product don't looks cool as the picture here. Maybe they just changed the lightness. But when you open the backlight in darkness, it's brillant.
In brief, only recommend it to hard-core gamers and who like looks really cool things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work, 21 May 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
I bought the keyboard and after a couple of days the '3' key had stopped working. Having liked special features and the way the keyboard looked so much, I ordered a second but within about an hour one key had stopped working. I've now had the keyboard one day and 4 more keys have become unresponsive. Having had this happen twice I can only assume there are other faulty ones out there with the same problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best gamers keyboards ever made, 2 May 2011
David J. Hall - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Accessory)
I had one of these keyboards little over a year or so ago. I got rid of it so that i could move up to what i thought at the time was better technology. I bought a logitech wireless keyboard and dumped this cyborg one. What a mistake. here i am buying, for the second time, one of the best keyboards on the market. The software suit that comes with the keyboard may be a bit daunting to use at 1st but is actually quite simple when compared with something like the G19 Logitech keyboard. This also has just as many macro keys amd allows the user to light up certain segments of the keyboard such as the WSAD keys via an intergtrated touch pannel which i think is a better idea than the LCD pannels that logitech use, have you ever seen a broken LCD on a Logitech keyboard 6 months after paying out over £60 for one? Trust me, its not a pretty site and those pannels are quite flimsily made. For total macro control and night gaming, I'd challenge anyone to find a better keyboard at this price range, sure it doesnt include onboard memory like a razor keyboard but hey, its half the price of a top end razor keyboard, I'd wager that it's also more hard waring and better to type with due to having full size keys and a very responsive touch pannel at the top of the board. There are only 2 negative things that i can think of about this keyboard. The 1st is that i can't help but feel that it should be wireless or bluetooth and the 2nd isn't really a negative since I've already said that LCD's are prone to breaking but one would be nice all the same as long as it is well made. In this price range, i can't think of a better keyboard however for half the price of this if you are willing to ditch the back lighting, lcd pannel and macro keys, you may find the Razer Arctosa or Saiteck Cyborg V5 more to you're liking if you want a gamers keyboard, but be advised, half the value means half the features. Cyborg V7 Keyboard

Cyborg V7 Keyboard
Cyborg V7 Keyboard by Madcatz (Windows Vista / XP)