on 3 July 2010
I must admit to being sceptical that the Mason bees would find and use the log but this summer they have moved in and are now busy filling up the tubes. It's positioned about 4ft high hanging off a tree branch and leaning on the tree trunk. The position does catch the morning and afternoon sun.
on 26 April 2011
I have one of these logs, and was also sceptical that it would be found & used, because 'my' local Mason bees mostly dig holes between crazy-paving slabs. I know now that I hung it up at the wrong time of the year (late 2010) which is why there was no activity for a long time, but since we've had this very early summery spell, they've been in & out of the holes all day long. They're great to watch, and it's possible to stand quite close and watch them go in with bottoms covered in pollen, only to emerge a few moments later & set off for another load.

I'm actually moving home soon, and am wondering if it's possible to move the log now that it's in use (and if so, how to do it safely). Does anyone know the answer?
on 16 January 2015
I have had mine for about 3 years and bought this one as a gift for my son (aged 25) as he was so impressed with it. Every hole of my log is filled with hibernating bees at present. It is fascinating to watch them in the warm weather fetching their pieces of leaf and then stuffing themselves and the leaf back into the hole. Very robust item, although the bark came off in the first winter. But I suppose one would expect this with a natural product. The bees don't seem to mind anyway.
on 15 October 2013
Ideal good quality log. Heavy enough to insulate against the cold and can hang it anywhere as long a it is not knocked around by the wind. It is in use and appreciated!
on 30 June 2013
Purchased as a gift for my father on Fathers' Day. He was very pleased with his present and is keen to attract more bees to the garden.
on 7 February 2015
I love this bee log, not only does it look lovely and natural its very substantial and looks great in the garden. The rope is very strong and though i have no tenants yet, I am sure it will make a very good home soon.
on 14 June 2014
Received this today and first impressions are that it looks great and well made. All the bamboos are hollow and well fixed. There were simple instructions for siting and making any running repairs necessary as it ages. Little worried that the hanging ropes may not stand the test of time but they can be easily replaced. The postman was intrigued and I opened it on the doorstep to show him, now he wants one for his garden.
on 16 March 2015
Product arrived promptly and looks as pictured.
I have bought this as a gift so it is yet to be used for any length of time for me to be able to comment on that specifically. However the product looks and feels well made of natural wood/bamboo with thick rope to hang it from a tree/similar.
on 9 March 2015
Delighted with it. Only reason for not giving it 5 stars was cos a couple of the tubes hadn't been drilled/hollowed out, which will be straightforward to sort out. Extremely quick service too
on 29 August 2013
The log has been hung over a six foot fence post for over a month now and I have two permanent residents. Its quite interesting how the bees block themselves in. I'm hoping I get a full house.