5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for another period of long service from a Slik tripod...
The first tripod I ever bought was a Slik Gazelle, which I picked up while stationed in Japan in 1983. I used it regularly until last month, when a plastic part in the mounting head snapped. 30 years of service...not too shabby.

This is the standard for Slik has set up with its made-in-Japan craftsmanship. This tripod is slightly larger and heavier than the...
Published 15 months ago by North American Technology Consumer

3.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses I guess
How am I supposed to rate this tripod? On the one hand it can be as solid as the proverbial jelly in a high wind, while on the other it's astonishingly compact and light, and if that's important to you it's probably as good as you could hope for at the price. I have a 'better' tripod but it's no use at all if it's not with me because it's too heavy to lug around...
Published 18 months ago by Artychoke

4.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
Very pleased with this tripod it came well within the estimated delivery time, I have not used it yet under all conditions but I am happy with it so far. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a compact camera, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
As some of the others have pointed out, this tripod is excellent for a compact camera. I don't have a (D)SLR, so can't comment, but I've carried it on a number of trips to use with my Samsung (largish) compact - and it has been brilliant. I've done night shots with it, I've taken pictures of myself while traveling - no need to wait half an hour for somebody to go past in order to take a photo of myself in a particular setting. Build quality so far seems good and everything is still working as it should - but I don't have any other tripod to compare it with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, sturdy and lightweight!, 11 July 2013
Mr. L. Hayden (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
I have been looking for a tripod that can get my camera low to the ground but is still small enough and light enough to hike with easily but also wouldn't be easily blown over.

I decided to give this tripod a go and I'm very impressed! The quality of build is very good, all moving parts operate smoothly, the tripod can go very low and indeed also quite high. It's quick and easy to use and certainly will hold a large DSLR with a moderately heavy lens.

I've used a D7000 with grip and a 70-200 F/2.8 which it held but wasn't great in wind. Without the grip and using my 17-55 F/2.8 it was excellent.

Overall exceeded my expectations and is well priced, I can highly recommend. You won't find better at this price and you're likely to be paying more than double for anything better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, lightweight but effective., 1 July 2013
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
With any lightweight tripod you are going to get some movement and the same is true for this tripod too. That said, as long as you don't try to overextend it in adverse conditions, it is grand. I have had my Nikon 7000 and telephoto lens on it without any bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel tripod! Love it!, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
Best travel tripod! Light, sturdy, inexpensive, quick setup, firm but easy to set ball head, removable and reversible central column. Love it! Only criticism, the bloody screw of the quick-release mounting plate, the design is rubbish, when you screw it to the camera you deal with a very flat pan screw... so you need a screw driver or a Swiss knife to secure it to the camera body... always got an army knife with me when I take pictures but still...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tripod 5-STARS, 27 Dec 2009
This is a really well made tripod.
It comes with a good quality ball head and a very nice guick release plate.
It is made for light weight equipment as it is very light and very compact.
I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a compact tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
I have a D90 fits no problem, great tripod lightweight an small easy to carry will use this alot more than my other tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this very light yet solid tripod, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
I am very happy with this tripod. Very light and solid enough, i can take it with me everywhere. I like taking my camera and the tripod together and i don't want to carry 20 kg with me every single time! Very good product.
Delivery was fast too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Nov 2014
This review is from: Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod (Electronics)
very lightweight but still sturdy and well made.

Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available