5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, better price! :D
(The below statements of value were true at the time of purchase in the early part of 2011 <<< Prices may have changed).

If you're reading this review with a serious view to purchase: Aren't you a lucky little thing?!
Congratulations on your engagement and all the best for your wedding day! :-)

Before we were married we shopped around...
Published on 29 Jun. 2012 by J. S. McBride

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but wider than 3mm
Published 20 months ago by Agassi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, better price! :D, 29 Jun. 2012
J. S. McBride (UK) - See all my reviews

Congratulations on your engagement and all the best for your wedding day! :-)

Before we were married we shopped around for rings and in the process we very quickly discovered the size of ring we needed.
Armed with this knowledge we proceeded to look online for wedding rings..... This ring was two thirds (Yes! 66%!!) cheaper than in any of the high street shops and boutiques we visited!

Example: I bought the engagement ring from Ernest Jones. Because of this they offered a 10% discount on Wedding rings... But the plain platinum wedding band was still coming in at around £850!! Buying through Amazon was SOOOO much cheaper!!

Okay, so there's no offer of cover / protection / guarantee on rings purchased from Amazon.... BUT when you're making a saving of ~£700? Insurance no longer matters!
Hell, you could buy TWO and keep one as a spare!
Put it to one side and save it "just in case" you lose it (or it gets stolen / damaged / etc).

One of the key things I learned was that manufacturer sizes CAN vary considerably (they claim to be one size, but when the ring is measured they're actually a whole half size larger or smaller than the size stated), but this was NOT the case with this ring!
The size stated for this ring was exactly right (we even had it measured in our local H.Samuel to double check <== A little cheeky, I know :-) ).
If you know the size you need, you can be sure that you're getting exactly what you've ordered!.

This particular ring states "light"... And as I said before: We shopped around before deciding to buy online, as a result we felt the weight of many different types and styles of ring... And by no stretch of it imagination is this ring "light".
If anything it's more of a "medium".

Please don't be put off by this: It's not SO heavy you'd rue the day you bought it. My point is that you're getting a lot of metal for your money.
You're not going to find your left arm "bulking-up".... It's simply a nice reassuring weight that implies value and quality.

I couldn't recommend buying through Amazon enough!
In my case: It was hassle free and the package arrived within 2 days of ordering!... What more could you reasonably ask for? :-)

Side Note:
-----------
You'll be buying this ring for your wedding day and hopefully you'll only ever get married once.
So making sure you get the right ring is REALLY important because you will be wearing it for the rest of your life!
Platinum may be a little more expensive than white or yellow gold... But if you're only ever going to buy ONE RING? You really should treat yourself to something special ;-)

Not a day passes when I don't notice my wedding ring and think "Holy cr4p! That's PLATINUM!!!".
There is definitely something special about platinum... It's nicely understated and although it may not be as overtly flashy as yellow gold (which I consider to be a bonus) it makes every day feel like a special occasion :D

Summary:
--------
Buy Platinum! Buy from Amazon! It's a winning combination.
I hope this review helps in making your decision and all the best with your big day :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ring, 18 April 2013
Like another reviewer, I find this ring excellent. It is great value, and I think it is more of a medium weight than light weight, based on how it feels in the hand.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find the same thing on the high street at this price. It's just great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but wider than 3mm, 11 July 2013
Ring arrived promptly and packaged nicely. Came true to ring/finger size but was over 4mm so I had to return as it looked silly next to my engagement ring. Return was smooth and a courier came to pick up. Never received any certification that it is actually platinum like other companies offer for same price. Lovely ring though and great price just shame the one arrived was too wide.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but could be of very bad quality.., 22 July 2014
Ordered two rings, this for me and another similar (3mm and Size L) for my fiancee. Although they are from the same manufacturer but this one is of awful quality - a lot of scratches from inside and on the edge. Another very important thing is that hallmark stamp is hardly differs from other scratches (still not sure whether that is another scratch or hallmark stamp), when on second ring that stamp quite deep.

From pros it is very cheap 200+ quid cheaper than best deal I could find at high street stores.

I would still recommend ordering rings from amazon, but make sure you have enough time to return it and find a replacement before you get married.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 10 April 2014
Plain, simple . classy good quality platinum ring. Good value for money and good overall standard , would buy again, pleasantly surprised

Theia Platinum Heavy Court Wedding Ring