5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed
Published on 6 Jan. 2011 by Lazarus

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd - buy with caution but still worth the price.
A bit odd. The paints aren't wrapped as they normally are with W&N paints. All colours are present but one is not labelled. Some don't have the W&N stamp in the bottom of the paint and for this reason I get the feeling they were not all made to be in a set together. The box also just doesn't feel like it is well made.

If I had brought this from W&N directly for...
Published 1 month ago by Will

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 6 Jan. 2011
Being no stranger to Cotman water colours I was looking forward to receiving my half pan studio set. I was delighted at the vibrancy of the colours, the selection and the very handy palettes, one of which helps keep the pans from falling out (a problem I've experienced with the small sets). Opening it I felt like a kid in a sweet shop. The shiny, colourful half pans are like little hard boiled sweets. It even had a space for my favourite water colour brush to fit. As far as value for money is concerned it is worth while. With each half pan individually priced at £1.69 in my local art store, it is really, really good value.

I'd recommend it to anyone passionate about water colours and as a relative beginner myself, I would certainly recommend it to others as there is no finer set of water colours to bring life to a piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phewwww, 10 Jun. 2013
When the product first arrived I was confused, and thought the product was a fake because the individual paints weren't in the usual Windsor and Newton packaging !!! I phoned up the providers and they assured me that it was genuine and it was a way for Windsor and Newton to save money !! After a sigh of relief I love my new paints and use them all the time !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great paints!!, 3 Sept. 2010
B. Milburn - See all my reviews
Brilliant selection of pans excellent value ideal for established artist or beginner great to have so many colours in easy to transport and use pallette.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cotman The Half Pan Studio Set (45 Half Pans), 25 Feb. 2011
S. Williams (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
Superb service and superb product. This cost so much more via other art suppliers and to have 45 colours in such a compact set is fantastic. In fact, for me, a beginner, my problem has been identifying the different colours to use because there is so much choice. I just bought a half pan from Hobbycraft that isn't included in this set and just one cost me £6, so you understand the value for money in this set. It gives you a good start and when you know what colours you tend to use, you can buy them separately (though they will cost more than you get in this set).Cotman The Half Pan Studio Set (45 Half Pans)

5.0 out of 5 stars great watercolour set, 11 Aug. 2010
J. Perry (UK) - See all my reviews
Really pleased with this watercolour set - a present for a young artist who was delighted. Excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful watercolours, 22 Feb. 2012
I am delighted with the variety of colours in this pan. Plus the container is well constructed, the mixing pallet section can be removed to clean which is a bonus. A neat and substantial box. The colours are sufficient for all my colour needs and mix well. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of watercolour pans, 11 Jan. 2011
Great set of watercolour pans. Excellent gift for a beginner or an advanced watercolour artist. Great selection of colours. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 26 Nov. 2012
Fabulous paints at a great price, putting them to good use already and they are proving to be a quality purchase. Very happy customer :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous colours and quality, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Winsor & Newton Cotman Half Pan Water Colour Studio Set (Office Product)
Took the opportunity to purchase this because it was on sale, for a student going GCSE Art and Design. They really enjoy using it. I would have given it five stars except of the tendency for the colours to fall out of the mini holders/pans and the large holder each time it is opened. Too finicky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windsor Newton Cotman watercolour set 45 half-pan, 21 Feb. 2012
L. J. Cooper - See all my reviews
Very good value, this 45 half pan set being cheaper than a 24 pan set at a local store. Excellent quality paint, better than anything else I've used. If you paint in watercolour, buy this.

Winsor & Newton Cotman Half Pan Water Colour Studio Set