5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
This is just a brilliant product - so much more comfortable for the dog than those nasty plastic things the vets hand out and charge a fortune for. So if your dog has to wear one - get this. It is soft but not inflexible like the plastic one and so your dog will not crash into things so painfully and nearly break his neck every time he jumps up. Worth every penny.
Published on 17 May 2010 by Moy S

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing problem
I bought size Large for my Red Setter, but unfortunately the neck to snout was too short. Size Extra Large would probably have been too wide around the neck, as he only has a thin neck. What a shame, he had to wear a traditional collar following his operation.
Published on 11 Mar. 2012 by apple

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 May 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 10 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
We bought this for our golden retriever (the large size fits perfectly) as he has a wound on his face that will need protection for some weeks. We had been issued with the standard plastic lampshade, and it is debatable which of us hated it most. This is brilliant. It doesn't freak him out when you put it on, because it doesn't have to go over his face, and once on it fits snugly with no hard edges. As it's not so cumbersome he isn't walking into things while wearing it, and even if he did he won't get the horrible jarring effect (so unpleasant when your head is already sore) he was getting with the lampshade. It is slightly padded so is comfortable to lie on - there was one very snug dog fast asleep in it this morning.

All in all, this is worth every penny (we bought direct from Canine Concepts rather than through Amazon as we needed immediate delivery, which worked a treat).

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy cone, 29 Dec. 2009
Ms. J. A. Reay (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
Fantastic product. My dog was able to get through doors much easier than with the traditional plastic cones. He found sleeping and resting in it great too. Would recommend it to everyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but make sure you measure properly including length., 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
I would give this product 5 star's but only gave 4 as it wasn't made clear in the instructions about how to measure for the correct fit. I have German shepherds but one of my girls isn't very big and probably isn't as big as a Retriever and in the reviews on the large size someone had put it fitted her Retriever perfect so I ordered a large and when it came it looked more like it would fit a Beagle? and was about 3 inches too small in length:-( It came with measuring instructions but as they say no point shutting the barn door once the horse has already bolted. This is why I wrote a review on the product to warn others to ensure they don't just measure to fit the neck but also the length of their dog's head. I have also notified Amazon, who were very helpful, so hopefully this will be sorted so others don't make the same mistake, when ordering. Other wise brilliant product much better than those awful hard plastic ones from the vet's, no more neck jarring for your dog and no more soar legs for you. Plus my dog always managed to break the plastic ones as once she'd bashed into the walls and doorways several times it would crack and be no use, these are reusable - so would definitely recommend, yes they are more pricey but in the long run they will pay for them selves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 24 Feb. 2013
Our lab uses this as his bedtime hat. Taking out the stiffeners means its pliable when he rolls around in his sleep and doesn't wake him up, more importantly it is big enough that he can't lick his leg ( other products have not been long enough around the head). so we are delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy cone, 20 Feb. 2013
J. E. Bonnet (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comfy Cone Medium 20 cm (Misc.)
Great product. My beichon was cutting himself up badly with the plastic cone from the vet.This one stopped all of that and acted as a calming influence on him.I think it was the darkness around him. He learnt how to carry on nearly as normal wearing it. Cleans easily does not come apart with its three velcro strips and looked comfy on his neck. Three weeks later he is back to normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product - so happy they exist, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
I am leaving this review as I appreciated reading others before I bought this product. I was prepared to buy anything if it made my poorly dog any more comfortable and this looked to good to be true. Turns out it is PERFECT!! After our rough collie was castrated we knew we would need a cone to stop him licking. The one we bought from the vets was plastic and tied round his neck with string! This was uncomfortable and made him very depressed. He could also lick the wound if in a certain position so was useless!! The wound did get infected 2 days after operating and I blame the plastic cone! As he needed it for at least 10 days, we researched and found the comfy cone came highly recommended from other rough collie owners. This has been a life saver!! Our poorly boy is so much happier in it and much more comfortable especially when sleeping. It is more secure as we could attach it to his collar and there is no way he can bend the sides to get to his stitches. The videos on YouTube are simple to follow for sizing and fitting. It can be wiped clean. Although it is narrower so his vision is slightly less than the plastic cone, this helps him to manoeuvre around and he bangs into furniture and legs less!! I would recommend this product to any medium/large dog owners to help them protect the wounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy cone, 7 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
got this for my dog as he felt sorry for himself with the hard plastic one off the vet. he was able to sleep , eat and drink whilst wearing this and was unable to scratch his sore eye. brilliant product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Comfy Cone Medium 20 cm (Misc.)
Out dog needed to wear an e collar for a significant length of time and the horrible, still plastic one supplied by the vet was stressing both him and us out. Saw this on amazon and although a wee bit pricey it was well worth the money for the comfort and flexibility it provided to both us and the poor pooch. He actually quite enjoyed the cushioned feel it gave him, short enough for him still to eat, long enough for him to stop getting to the bits he shouldn't be getting to. Washes and wipes down, and the Velcro fastening mean that it is a breeze to get off and on unlike those horrible plastic versions. Totally recommend it. We bought the medium for our dog, springer spaniel, and it was a great fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfy for the woofs, 3 Dec. 2011
K. Scott (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm (Misc.)
Great change from the standard 'NHS' issue hard plastic collar. Seemed comfy to sleep in, easy to fold back to allow the woofy to eat etc. Says to sponge clean but I washed at 30 degrees and it was fine. Lots of admiring comments!

Comfy Cone, Large, 25 cm