Size: 11 UK Normal|Colour: Grey (BASALT)|Change

on 2 June 2011
Very comfortable and came without a problem. As I discovered after research, "N" is for narrow and "M" is medium/normal - which worked well for me.
22 comments|188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2011
Very happy with this product. Quality footwear from a reputable brand. Worth every penny (cent...). Delivered quickly and fitting as expected. No complaints whatsoever.
on 22 May 2011
I've wanted some nice summer foot-ware for a while, but never really got on with flip-flops because of that bit between your toes and the constant paranoia of, 'these aren't attached to my feet and could fall off at any moment'. Well, enter the Birkenstock.

They really are nice... The leather (I went antique brown) feels very high-quality and softened/started moulding to my foot after a few days. The combination of the double strap, the moulded sole and the lightness of the cork, means that they stay solidly on your feet and are comfortable for extended ware.

I would highly recommend them to anyone, but make sure you go for the leather ones... Quality materials last.
on 31 January 2016
A classic style Birkenstock, as ever they are comfortable and on the larger size. I tend to buy 1-2 full UK size down in Birkenstock. If you are brave you can wear with socks in winter - this is apparently very fashionable at the moment! (Although I assume the outfit would have to suitably match!)
on 2 April 2014
5 stars, just what I was looking for for my mum. She loved them, it would have been nice to have more of a colour selection, as all the other colours didn't have mum's size. Never the less she loved the colour and the fit. Came when expected, in perfect condition. Great service, many thanks.
on 22 April 2014
You buy this kind of footwear for comfort, rather than some fake notion of style, and that's exactly what you get: so... perfect fit, no need to "wear in", just take them out of the box, adjust the straps, place on feet and get on with your life. Other potential buyers might like to bear in mind that, having already had several pairs of Birkenstocks over the last 6 or 7 years, I knew I should buy size 37 rather than 39 (my usual size for other brands of shoe) and that I should select the "normal" width for my rather wide feet. Specially recommended for anyone who wants to combine the benefits of an open sandal with the great support you get from the Birkenstock foot-bed. Surprisingly warm even in sub zero temperatures (not sure why - perhaps because you have to flex your feet when wearing them?)
on 3 May 2015
Having seen the previous review comments on the sizing being on the large side, I ordered size 10 (EU 44) rather than the 11 I normally buy in shoes. They fit OK, although my left foot does not sit centrally on the base at the big toe, whereas the right foot is fine. [ Maybe I have a twisted foot or ankle!!!].
I bought these at the recommendation of the local hospital's rheumatology specialist, to help support my arches. They take a bit of getting used to, but they definitely reduced the pains in my ankles, after a few hours, wearing them in the house. I will persevere and hope they continue to improve my ankle pain.
on 10 April 2014
I'm a stickler for following the sizing guidance provided by Birkenstock, so I tut when I see people who buy them too small.

Cannot recommend these Birkies enough. I live in them, if it were socially acceptable I'd wear socks with them in the winter.

I know you can get every aspect of these replaced, but I tend to wear mine until they have truely had it. This means when I get a new pair I really notice the squishy foot bed and very sensible nature of the sandals.
on 16 October 2013
I have a narrow foot and struggle to find comfortable footwear. Brilliant to find these Birkenstocks in a narrow fitting. I measured my feet following the measurements on the sizing information and these fitted perfectly. I wore them around the house for a couple of days as initially the leather footbed and straps seemed a little stiff. The leather softened and now they are really comfortable. I wore them on holiday and no blisters! Will be buying more! Delighted.
on 29 December 2011
I bought these Birkies for my wife; as her existing pair had seen better days.

She is very happy with them, comfort and fit are perfect and they are an ideal replacement for her previous ones.

Only issue I had was in finding them - are they really clogs? I had to search (with a female friend's help) for Birkies.