5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money
Published on 13 Nov 2009 by Janet

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound for the price, but volume control is poor
Published on 3 Sep 2009 by Constance

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound for the price, but volume control is poor, 3 Sep 2009
Constance (Scunthorpe,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S150 2.0 Speaker System - Black (Personal Computers)
I bought this to replace my speakers when I noticed that the power supply wire was damaged. I decided to go for USB powered speakers as I don't use the computer for serious listening and would rather reduce the number of transformers connected to my plug sockets! Also my other computer came with similar speakers and I am quite happy with those. They could also come in handy for those people who use a laptop.

The speakers are entirely USB driven, using digital audio output as well as power from the USB port and they give a surprisingly good and crisp sound, though you can't expect to get deep bass sounds. No installation was required apart from plugging in.

The main criticism of the unit is that it does not have a volume control knob or an on/off facility, but instead relies on three knobs to raise, lower or mute the sound, operating directly on the windows sound control in discrete jumps. As a result you cannot fine-tune the volume without accessing the relevant control on the computer, and you can't turn it off when you don't need any sound. Also I am not keen on the light advertising its digital sound, which is always showing.

When the unit arrived there was a a fault in the speaker on one side, evidenced by a slight rattle when playing deeper sounds at any volume, so I had to have it exchanged. I am sure Logitech should have done a better job with their quality control. Fortunately Base were very good and gave me a replacement without any quibbles.

So overall I would give this 3 stars. Hopefully Logitech will address the issues mentioned, but who knows?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 13 Nov 2009
We bought a new screen for our PC and did not realise that it did not have inbuilt speakers. After reading reviews we chose these, basically because they were inexpensive and had such good ratings. WOW, they are great. We got them for less than £10 and the sound quality is much better than our previous in built versions. We do not do anything fancy on our PC, however we do have friends around the world which we regularly SKYPE. The clarity on these little things is excellent and for the money I do not hesitate in recommending them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - work well, 17 July 2009
Ordered these Logitech S150 Digital USB speakers on standard delivery and still arrived in a matter of days, I originally bought my grand daughter a laptop, like most the maximum sound level and quality is very poor, bought these for £7.90 + delivery total £9-89, and they work great, powered by a USB connection, very impressed with the quality and sound output, can't go wrong for under £10.00, it also includes a purposed made travelling case.

Logitech S150 Digital USB

1.0 out of 5 stars poor volume control, 1 Mar 2012
Very poor quality product. To start with wire from computer to speakers is not very long so I cannot put them in the place I would like to. The volume control is rubbish - either on or off. Used for two days and they now have stopped working. Very cheap and nasty, a total waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor volume control, 5 Aug 2011
S Newmark - See all my reviews
Sound quality is okay but the volume control is unbelievably bad. Using the hardware buttons simply adjusts the volume in Windows, and only seems to result in two settings - off and loud. The only way to get any degree of control is to adjust the volume in whatever program you are using, but it is still incredibly sensitive so it difficult to move any sliders to a low enough position. I realise it is cheap but surely volume is a pretty simple thing to get right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech OEM S150, 17 Aug 2010
I wanted speakers for my computer that run from a USB point and did not need a mains lead - and could also be used with a laptop. These do not disappoint. They were inexpensive and give a good clear sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING LITTLE SPEAKERS!!, 20 Jun 2009
These are wonderful! OK, you dont get a deep throbbing baseline but would you expect one from speakers this size? There is a good level of base and they are very clear. Great onboard volume controls which actually control the volume on your PC/lappy!! I bought them for my netbook and the difference in sound its remarkable. Great for taking away on holiday as they come with a handy little padded bag too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! :-), 9 April 2010
Well I bought this despite some of the reviews being rather negative and going on about sound distortion etc. I think they are fab. I get no distortion whatsoever even if they are turned up full on the speaker itself, if the Windows Media Player volume control is on full AND the laptop itself's volume is full. Nice sound, not tinny and great considering I bought them to travel with. Came in a nice case to keep them scuffree when in transit and they power up with USB so no extra plugs and nonsense. They arrived quickly and were packaged for the post nicely. They nice and neat and compact and fab.

I'm impressed - I really am!

Would recommend them to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Logitech OEM S150 2.0 speaker system - black, 19 Oct 2010
Looks OK, Sounds OK but only has 3 volume settings (loud, really loud and deafening) - there is no toggle switch to manually turn them off. So late at night when turning the computer on you get really loud start-up chimes waking up the whole house (the mute button does not function until the computer is fully booted up). The only way is to disconnect the speakers before turning the computer on.
Do not buy, they are too cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars USB PC Speakers, 14 Nov 2009
I searched for a low cost method of delivering sound through the USB ports of a computer with no sound card. The Logitech S150 Digital USB speakers viewed amongst others came top with the price being the most important. The speakers work as described and give a good all round performance.

I would recommend this product to anyone that just want sound from their computer easily, just plug it in and it works, no need for external power.

Logitech OEM S150 2.0 Speaker System - Black