5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for singletons! It worked for me.....
I was very skeptical about this book with its cheesy title. A friend was reading it at the time and she said "if nothing else, it's made me a more loving person". At the time, I was struggling with a friend that I was sharing a house with and felt I could really use being more loving toward her and if it achieved nothing else, that would be a good start!

I'm a...
Published on 17 Dec 2011 by Chloe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intentions, but lacking full insight
Published 11 months ago by Elspeth

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for singletons! It worked for me....., 17 Dec 2011
Chloe (Kent, England) - See all my reviews

I'm a professionally trained life coach and have been on personal growth courses all over the world. Aged 38, I'd also been single for 11 years, had never come close to marrying anyone and my biological clock was ticking so loudly, it was like a time bomb! I had decided I'd rather be single that settle for someone who wasn't right for me, even if it meant having children on my own. I was one of those women who people would meet and say "I can't believe you're single! How can that be?". Aside from being told my expectations were unrealistic, no one could offer me any explanation and I felt I'd tried everything conceivable! I'd been coached to death, had learned to be happy and contented as a single woman and to see all the positives, and yet I still had this yearning to share my life with someone.

The book starts off very gently. When I began reading it, I thought, this is easy peasy, though I was unsure about committing to something DAILY for SEVEN weeks! That was a big deal for me, but the author rightly asks, if you're not prepared to commit to seven weeks, how much do you really want this? Good point!

Within three weeks, I was starting to get some insights about myself that really surprised me, as I thought I knew myself very well. I had a very powerful conversation with the friend I was struggling with and it was a turning point for our friendship, which remains strong to this day.

The author warned that the exercises in the book would get harder and I thought they can't be harder than some of the personal development courses I've been on! I was mistaken and got completely flummoxed and frustrated by some of the daily practices. However, after days of wrestling with some of these things and feeling ready to quit, I stuck with it.

Little did I know, that just a few weeks later, I would meet "the one"! And I have to say, I was so grateful to have the wisdom in this book to refer to at this time, as it was quite an adjustment after so many years of singledom. Wonderful, scary, exciting and a bit of a head mush!

9 months on and it is better than anything I had been imagining in all those years of being single and, trust me, I had astonishingly high expectations!

What else can I say? It worked for me and I so hope it works for you too, because it really is fantastic to be with "the one". I guess I should finish this review by letting you know that we're getting married in January 2012!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, 11 Jun 2009
I'm 2 weeks (of 7) into the book so far, and have found the exercises really revealing. Some things I knew already, but somehow doing the exercises brought more clarity and Aha's. I would recommend reading this even if you're in a relationship because I am and I'm doing it to release blocks to love and bring more love into my life. What's happened for me is that I'm beginning to love and value myself more, and after about ten days in, I really noticed that my partner's behaviour was already changing in a positive way in response to my inner work with this book. Highly recommended. I would also recommend for anyone who's in a relationship and wonders if it's the 'right' one for them - this will help you get clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me grow so much, 12 Mar 2012
This book is beautiful. I bought it as I was looking for the love of my life. Not just the next fling or the next Mr Right Now but my true love. As I read through the chapters I found that I had to go deep within myself to find I was stopping myself from finding him rather than, he just wasn't out there. There is focus on searching for your true mate but the main focus turns to yourself. To finding out who you truly are, what you truly want and what is blocking love from flowing into your life.

This book is a lot of work. I did most of the exercises and did find I had a block on some of them but with a lot of love and patience for myself I worked through it all. It took me longer than seven weeks to go through as about half way through I put the book down and had to have a little break. I think I was just taking everything in and really coming to terms with everything I found out.

So how do I feel now I've gone through the process? I feel so much lighter, less stressed. Happier, much more in tune with myself. It's affected my life in many aspects, I am so much more confident about myself and have noticed I am losing weight, spending more time with people I love and just having a much better, happier existence.

I have found so much love in my life I didn't even realise was already there and I opened my heart to my true love who appeared one day out of the blue (always when you least expect it!) I have never felt love like this before and am so grateful this book found its way to me. I am so in love and hope that this book can do this for others. I feel there are so many lessons about becoming your true self and finding love in so many ways that everyone should read it regardless of if they are looking for love or already have what they want in life. Its just about growth, we all have room to grow.

This book is amazing, I recommend it to anyone and everyone

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intentions, but lacking full insight, 20 Aug 2013
I note that people who give these kind of books lower stars haven't really read them and those that rate it highly have all found their love. I've read it twice and both times, felt that the book is interesting but flawed. Without trying to sound arrogant, I started from a better place of awareness so there were few, if any, really surprising insights and little work to do. Most of the time, I thought - I know that, I have that. it was encouraging to feel validated sometimes, but wisdom was mixed with exhortations to habitually date and reinforcing the belief that New Year's eve is the vital night that shows your romantic status.

The title is terrible and really ought to suggest a 7 week course to preparing for love and making yourself all you can be (including happy as you are) - not saying within circa 49 days, your future wife will appear - and imply if you don't meet someone, that you're flawed or your reading of the book is.

The methodology has a dubious premise - that Katherine's own journey is a model for the rest of us.

I was also deeply concerned by some of the advice given. Katherine criticises those that questioned her, and effectively says "They'll never find love till they see things my way." She also never says that she's changed names of her examples, but even if that's a given, several clients would be able to recognise themselves or their workshop counterparts from her stories, and there's some quite negative judgements. Katherine seems to have not been in a place of full maturity when she wrote this, for many of her pronouncements seem partial and simplistic. She introduces her mostly female clients by saying their age, attractiveness and that they're wealthy and successful. About one, she said "this person owns her own house and car". I wondered how this would be relevant to the anecdote - but it was not. I am concerned about that as a value system.

I also disagree with the Law of Attraction and it seems hard to find a book about meeting someone special which doesn't rely on a rather dangerous and erroneous theory - again, which is simplified and misses out deeper insights and nuances.

Although this once again appeals to females more, she does at least give some gay couple egs and at the start makes a point of saying that they are held in her heart, and to forgive her for not giving more egs and inclusive language. Still, it isn't very male focussed and some straight women might find, especially those outside of America, that this doesn't resonate with them.

It's a well intentioned book, to share what Katherine found and to be happy before you meet a partner.

I'm most interested that the author's special love, Mark, divorced after 10 years and now she has a new man and is running courses on "conscious uncoupling" - ie civil partings.

5.0 out of 5 stars An adventure in responsibility, transformation and growth, 15 Oct 2008
This book is wonderful! If you are ready to take responsibility for your life, face up to your limiting beliefs, emotional wounds and grow massively in all that is good, noble, true and decent and in the process give more love and receive more love then GET IT!! The power in this book is in doing the exercises, daily for seven weeks. That is a commitment but this will be nothing but an amazing challenge for those who mean business. I did all 49 exercises one each day (I would read the chapter before going to sleep, then wake early in the morning read it again, take notes and do the exercise, I couldn't wait for each chapter. I had no problem seeing this through) and have set my intention, (you'll understand when you get to the relevant chapter)and feel very proud of myself, commitment does indeed bring it's own reward. I have already grown so much, and I'm fulfilled right now. As the Holy Scriptures teach every action we take is a seed. So in line with the universal principle of sowing and reaping we get to eventually harvest that which we have been thinking, feeling and doing each day. I particularly loved the exercise on gratitude for that exercise I wrote nine pages and was astonished at what I learnt. Some things that resonated with me from the book,

- I must be willing to grow myself beyond the person I am today
- we do not need to be with a partner in order to begin expanding our ability to give and receive love
- compassion, generosity and kindness transcend gender, title or the form of a relationship
- Importance of letting go of toxic or 'less than' relationships even if it means the risk of being alone
- whatever we think of and emotionally resonate with most is that which comes to us
- we do not necessarily get what we want in life - we do however get what we give our attention to
- The only way to resist the magnetism of unconscious patterns is to become fully conscious and thus activate the power of choice
- The first task of childhood is to develop a strong capacity to trust
- giving up our fantasy that our prince charming is coming to rescue us from our misery is a true initiation and a necessary passage to becoming an adult who is ready to give and recieve love
- Regardless of what is or not happening around us, love is something that we generate from within ourselves
- Good relationships require a tremendous amount of generosity, kindness, compassion and self-awareness
- We cannot expect in others qualities that we are not prepared to develop in ourselves

I heard about this book through reading about it on a review of a different book on Amazon.com. I read the reviews and decided to get it. The book is a real labour of love and provides the tools for doing relationship with your soulmate, but I would add any relationship would benefit. Plus you get to find out about Katherine's journey to meeting her own life partner.

I was doing this book while doing a juice fast for greater focus.

After the fast my sister said to me you have changed, you are more loving, sweeter, full of joy...

And I have been meeting some lovely men. I continue to sow my seeds, my harvest is waiting!

I decided to write my first Amazon review because this has had a huge impact on me (plus there are no reviews on the .co.uk site but loads on the .com site. Finding this book was a beautiful synchronicity as over the last 18 months I've been consciously looking at my values, what it means to be purposeful (Read Life on Purpose by Brad Swift)and also studying what marriage is really about. I decided I needed to find out if I wanted to be in a committed relationship and not let ambivalence make the decision for me, and if yes what tools did I need to be sucessful.

This is what Katherine wrote at the end of the book:

"In my work over the years I have come to see that people are divided into two categories. Those who want love in their lives and will faithfully do the work to actualise love; and those who want love in their lives but won't. Those who will do the work understand love as a creative action that they are free to choose in any given moment. Those who won't do the work tend to see love as a thing to get or as a place to hide out. I pray with all my heart that I have enticed you toward the former. For that is the fulfilment of my purpose in life - to ever expand my capacity to give and receive love with all those who cross my path, and to help others to do the same. You, dear reader, are the fulfilment of love for me. And now I beseech you to please pass it forward".

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone who seems to be making the same relationship mistakes., 25 Aug 2011
Louise Geary (Bournemouth, Dorset, GB) - See all my reviews
I bought this book back in April (and it is August at the time of writing)rbeing frustrated with the results I had been getting on the date scene. I had been consistently attracting men who seemed to be user's and abuser's and I was at a loss as to how to change this.

Katherine's book has help me to discover that life happens through me NOT to me, and by completeing the exercises in this book, I was able to let go of the ghosts from my past that had been haunting me. I became happier in myself and my friends said that they had noticed a change.

I started dating again in June and after a few not so hot dates, I am happy to announce that I have found a man who is truly wonderful. Someone I would like to spend the rest of my days with and who feels the same about me, and my life is even more amazing.

I would strongly recommend giving this book a go, and whilst you may not acheive immediate results, they will come and be totally mind blowing when they do.

Wishing you all the best on this new adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Calling in The One, 10 May 2010
I think this a workbook that could inspire hope for us single people out there in search of love. I like the fact that chapters are short interesting and concise and contain quality information. Whether this book will be the key to finding the one, I will have to wait and see as I haven't finished it yet. Its not a magic formula to 'romantic love' but it does put the focus on healing yourself in order to make space for love, (if it's around).
Worth a look in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 3 Sep 2010
Ms. Jane Knight "Free Spirit" (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Katherine's book is fantastic. Much much better than I could have imagined. It's so much more than what it says on the cover. It's a total 7 week course which teaches you all about being who you are and true to yourself. Very practical and thought-provoking. I've done lots of self-development work over the years and although much of the material was familar (though still valuable as it was Katherine's take on it), lots gave me a different perspective and really made me think. I read it through once and now I'm doing it as a 7 week course with a ftiend. Highly recommended. Will it call in "The One"? Who knows. But it won't do any harm and it's given me fresh insights into who I am and what I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life transforming, 14 Oct 2011
The title of this book is so deceptive. Even if you are not interested in finding the One, this book can transform your life. Cheesy as it sounds..it is short of a miracle and certainly cheaper than seeing a counsellor . It can improve all aspect of pone's life, whether it be work, general relationship and or the relationship you have with yourself. I've since recommended it to 2 people and watching them transform has been amazing. Not a believer of self-help books... neither was I... but this is definitely worth every penny and so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting married!, 1 Mar 2013
I must admit that even though I'd bought the book solely based on reviews, I did not in my wildest dreams expect the result I got. I should also say at the outset that even though I am an avid reader, I have NEVER left on online review for a book. However, I felt compelled to do so on this occasion. I got the book around April 2012, meticulously did the exercises after each lesson working my way through to Lesson 38. That is the point when I stopped reading & pretty much forgot about the book until now! I went travelling for 2 months (June/July). When I returned in August, I almost immediately began courting. Five months later I got engaged in December. This September (2013), we're getting married. Now I'm the biggest cynic in the world if you've ever met one....but I cannot rate this book enough. In fact before I'd even got as far as Lesson 38 (and before I even starting courting), I bought 2 copies of this book as gifts for my sister and my best friend. THAT is how much I believed in it. It doesn't come with "magical powers" but it really gets you to dig deep inside, bring up issues, find resolve for them & literally to move on, opening yourself to receive love again. If someone told me that a book could have this effect on a person, I'd think they were mad & here I am testifying to its authenticity. It's an incredible book. I can't guarantee you'll be engaged/married in as short a time as I will be, but I can assure you that you will come out on the other side having released a shedload of baggage...and that can only be a good thing!