4.0 out of 5 stars Special Edition / Standard Edition?
Just to make it clear, the difference between this version and the standard version are:

1: This version comes in a deluxe card box rather than the standard jewel case.

2: This version also contains 3 limited edition cards (one of each band member).

THIS VERSION DOES NOT HAVE EXTRA TRACKS AS SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING...
Published on 16 April 2008 by Hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Mastering
The DVD is ok but not overly impressed with the CD which would not play in my CD Player (Marantz), in-car CD Player (Sony), or my Blu-ray Recorder (Panasonic). This is a situation I've encountered a few times with recent releases and can overcome by re-recording on my PC then using my copy instead. Obviously, for legal reasons, I have not done this! I really think that...
Published on 8 Sept. 2012 by Barnacle Bill

4.0 out of 5 stars Special Edition / Standard Edition?, 16 April 2008

1: This version comes in a deluxe card box rather than the standard jewel case.

THIS VERSION DOES NOT HAVE EXTRA TRACKS AS SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING

therefore I would say that unless you are an absolute fanatic who has to have all the limited edition stuff then the standard edition is fine. On the Dvd itself the concert is excellent but a bit disappointed that the "backstage footage" is only 10 mins long. good though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous... but sublime, 20 Mar. 2008
L. Donaghy (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Yes, it's completely over-the-top. The stage set is designed to resemble a government research facility in Alaska (hence the name), features spotlights dressed up as satellite dishes and the band come onstage by rising up in the middle of the crowd.

The DVD is gorgeous visually, really showing off the colourful light show and background videos. (Muse have sussed out that audiences like to have more to look at for two hours than three men with instruments.) It also makes a fair stab at capturing what it is like to be at a gig, with lots of panning crowd shots helping to demonstrate the scale of the concert - and the ecstatic crowd.

As for the music, most of their songs are far better live than in the studio. These are particularly good performances, by a band known as an outstanding live act. For example, Invincible and Starlight are slightly-cloying ballads on the radio, but turn into huge anthems live.

The bonus footage really just consists of the band's approach to the stage and coming off afterwards. I certainly found it strange to realise that 20 feet from where I stood, Matt Bellamy was telling someone to turn off the music, but I'm not sure how interesting that would be for anyone else.

It's Wembley in a nutshell: both nights, in one form or another, from different points of view. There's no way it could have failed to be entertaining. Five well-deserved stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muse, The ultimate live album?, 17 Mar. 2008
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: HAARP (Audio CD)
Now you'd expect "fans" of the band to blindly praise this set, especially, if like most of the other reviewers below, you were at one of the shows at Wembley. So they may be a tad biased. Now, although I've bought all their studio albums, I've never felt the inclination to see them live so I reckon I can offer an opinion from the outside. An opinion from someone who likes and enjoys all sorts of music, an opinion from someone who isn't in thrall to the band, who will listen critically but with an open mind to an album. An opinion from someone with no axe to grind either...so what do I think?

THIS IS BLOOMIN' GREAT!!!!!

I thought I knew what to expect here, but quite frankly I was blown away by the sound, the enthusiasm, the exuberance, the technical skill, the sheer joi de vivre and monstrous noise on the CD...and the DVD is more of the same with knobs on.

Mindblowingly, stupendously top notch!

One of the best live albums ever - and that includes Live at Leeds!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, Shame about the editing?, 30 Sept. 2009
Mr. N. Gray (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAARP (Audio CD)
Although im a fan of MUSE, I didnt go to this show, and have only ever seen them once, and that was many years ago.
The live DVD is on the whole very, very good. The band and the show are outstanding. With an awesome, powerful, yet crisp sound; a wonderful mix of massive booming anthems and lovely slow intimate songs that makes MUSE so famous.
The show is brilliant from what I can tell, and the atmosphere in the stadium really comes through on the DVD for much of the time.
HOWEVER (and this is no fault of the band), the constant chopping and changing of camera angles, swooping and spinning around the stadium in time with songs was something I felt detracted a lot from the DVD.
Am I the only person that felt slightly irritated at best and completely nausiated at worst by the fast paced constant flicking of shots to many of the songs?

Overall I would say that this gig probrably deserved 5 stars, however due to the poor editing of the DVD you loose some of that and unfortunately, personally I think its only worth 3 or 4 stars for that reason. Which is a crying shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars best live band around, 1 April 2008
This review is from: HAARP (Audio CD)
I'm only going to write about the DVD, essentially because I went on the 17th when it was filmed, so I haven't had much inclination to listen to the audio cd from the 16th. Although if it was as good as the 17th it should merit a listen.
I've been a big fan of Muse for a while (and will concede that it makes this far from impartial), but this was the first time I'd ever been to see them. I was not disappointed in the slightest. From start to finish they delivered an explosive performance, with the amazing music, spectacular set design, added bonuses like the balloon gymnasts during blackout, and a stadium filled with such exhiliration. A must have for any Muse fan, and a good indication of why they are the most exciting live band I've yet seen. My only slight disappointment in watching the DVD back is that they cut the song (that may or may not have been bliss) where they threw tens of huge confetti-filled balloons into the audience. Magical moment ommitted from the DVD. Oh well, buy it :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away by Muse live, 2 April 2008
B. Lane (Cape Town, South Africa) - See all my reviews
There are so few bands out there than exceed your expectations, I got hold of a copy of hubaloo only a year ago as I started to "get" Muse. Once I watched it the mist opened and I saw something live which was far better then anything any other band has done in the last 10 years. I got tickets for the Cape Town concert of this tour and for an hour my senses were completly overawed by the Muse experience.

The DVD is not like being in the midst of a real Muse show but its a great copy...

Go see them live and then watch all the live DVD's and understand...

5.0 out of 5 stars COME ON WEMBLEY!!!!, 17 Mar. 2008
Words can not describe this mindblowing show!

This special edition CD/DVD boxset comes complete with 3 unique postcards (featuring Matt Dom and Chris performing live at Wembley) and a 10 page booklet featuring stunning stills from the wembley performances.

The special features are incredible to watch also. Follow Matt Dom and Chris as you watch them prepare to take the stage in a five minute unedited piece of footage which really captures the magic they feel before performing their biggest gig ever. This is topped off nicely with footage of them coming off stage and seeing them express their feelings after the gig.

The gig is edited fantasticly and really captures the energy and is cut perfectly to the music. Watch this on surround sound and turn the bass up and witness this stunning show which will put every other artists gigs you've ever witnessed to shame.

AMAZING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows how a live album should work, 17 Mar. 2008
This is a truly great live album in the same space as something like Thin Lizzy's 'Live and Dangerous'... yes the Lizzy were criticised for overdubs, but I suspect Muse have used a few overdubs here as well because it sounds so perfect. However, that's not really a criticism because they have captured the atmosphere of the concert very well. Each of the band members is extremely strong, of course particularly the guitar of Matt Bellamy, and this does come across in the live format. I was also there on the 16th so for me it holds memories of a great concert - as it will do for many other fans who were there or watched the cameraphone videos on youtube.

The DVD is very high quality and puts rock concert videos like the recent U2 3D to shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, 22 Mar. 2008
I wasn't able to go to Wembley so this is the only way I can get to feel/see some of the atmosphere.
OK, maybe it isn't the best made DVD on the planet, but it does what I want it to do and the music is fab. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars whats not to like...stunning.., 17 Mar. 2008
M. A. Weaver (uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HAARP (Audio CD)
i was fortunate enough to go on the 16th...and even though i didnt have a very good view of the gig..it was still an amazing gig..but having seen them 3 times last year ,i consider myself very lucky..
so i got my hands on the cd/dvd today..

as soon as i got the cd it went in the car...and the minute the 1st track came on it gave me tingles..

the cd is outstanding..and it brought back those memories of seeing them last year..

then i put the dvd on.and it is simply breathtaking.. again it took me back to that saturday night at wembley..and it gave me a better view..

this cd/dvd package is amazing..the stage lighting and the brilliance of muse is second to none...

anybody who likes muse surely has to own this...and likewise for anybody who want to get into muse...
11/10..

HAARP
HAARP by Muse (Audio CD - 2008)