5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My God - wish i'd discovered this years ago!
Published on 24 Nov 2007 by Anthony Stephen

3.0 out of 5 stars Great providing your other half isn't a Bat!!!
Published on 18 Jan 2008 by Lorraine Greenslade

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My God - wish i'd discovered this years ago!, 24 Nov 2007
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I've always liked the idea of the "natures music" relaxation tapes/Cd's but never got to grips with them because as soon as you get relaxed you hear the clunk of a tape player stopping or a CD player shutting down. With this pillow I can listed to my CD without disturbing the missus and have had the best nights sleep i've had in over two years. Only downside is when the ipod's battery runs flat but all I have to do is recharge it the following morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Oct 2008
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I got this for my birthday last year and its great. I use it with a little mp3 player that clips to the inside of the pillow Sandisk SDMX11N-2048K-E70 MP3 Player Sansa Clip 2GB Black, which has a sleep function so you can set it turn off automatically. I use it every night and now wonder how I ever lived without it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but second best, 23 Mar 2008
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
Purchased this and the RadioShack pillow speaker. Not much to choose between them on sound quality. However, the RadioShack speaker is half the price, you can keep your favourite pillow (undoubtedly more comfortable), and it is definitely less likely to be heard by your sleeping partner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item!, 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I gave this to my Mum for a christmas present and she couldn't stop laughing for the first hour she used it. It is a brilliant product. It's nice not having to have earphones in in bed as it hurts your ears. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to listen to the radio, music or talking book in bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep well!, 13 Dec 2007
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
This is my idea of the perfect pillow. Plug it in to your MP3 or CD player, and it plays your favourite music - right into your ear! I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep, or wake up in the wee small hours and can't get back to sleep. Now all I have to do is switch on my pillow, snuggle down and listen to soothing sounds. It doesn't disturb my partner - I doubt that he would hear it, and it certainly isn't loud enough to wake him up. Furthermore, it's a very comfortable pillow: quite soft and very snuggly. You can't feel the speaker at all, and the connection for the MP3 player is at the edge of the pillow and out of the way.
ADDED A FEW WEEKS LATER: One drawback I've discovered is that this pillow does make my head hot!! It must be made of some type of filling that reflects heat, so if you are a chilly mortal you'll find it great. I found I was waking up in the night with a boiling brain.... Pity, because falling asleep to soothing music was bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular in our house, 5 Feb 2008
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I bought one of these for my wife along with an MP3 player for her birthday. Within a couple of days my son had tried it out, and pinched it. I've now bought two more to make sure that the same thing doesn't happen again.

In the short time that my wife had her pillow, the best use she found was to listen to a recording I made for her from OneWorld in DAB Radio of the birds twittering and sounds of the countryside. Very relaxing whilst nodding off, as long you MP3 player has a sleep function.

A real hit in our household.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great providing your other half isn't a Bat!!!, 18 Jan 2008
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this pillow so I didn't disturb my husband when listening to my radio late at night. Unfortunately, as soon as I had switched it, on he said he could hear it easily which wasn't the point of buying it! Now I think my other half has the hearing of a bat, but I don't hear as well out of my left ear as I do my right, but I don't find lying on my right side very easy. Problem is, that when I lay on my left side, I have to have the volume slightly louder, but he says he can hear everything and has resorted to putting his earplugs back in!! I also couldn't hear my Paul Mckenna cd at all out of my good ear as his deep voice doesn't come through very clearly. I would advise that if you want this pillow you check you can hear well out of both ears and don't use it for hypnosis cds because I don't think you'll hear them well enough. All in all though it's a good idea but I think they could improve on the speaker. Lorraine

1.0 out of 5 stars 'without disturbing anyone else' hmmm...maybe not, 18 Feb 2011
S. Williams - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my hubby for christmas and it has only been turned on twice - once in the middle of the night when it was so loud it woke me beside him, and once again by me in the light of day to test it. Really disappointed as I paid full price for this and it's just totally impractical if you share a bed; in order for the volume to be audible to the pillow user, it's also loud enough for anyone else in the room to hear, and not ust the tinny muffle you might get if someone on the bus has headphones in, but word for word loud. Maybe if you sleep alone or can convince partner to wear earplugs it could be a more comfortable alternative to headphones when laying in bed, but sadly just not practical for us :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
My son has trouble with his ears, this is great as it helps him sleep. He can't get tangled in any wires. Brill

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound asleep pillow, 9 Jun 2010
Mrs. A. Boot (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sound Asleep Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
I could not manage without this pillow, like Wayne Rooney, I take it everywhere with me . I am a bad sleeper and this helps me get to sleep very quickly without disturbing my husband. In a word "fantastic"

Sound Asleep Pillow