on 7 February 2013
I highly recommend the Streetcuffs, I use them in conjunction with the pre-installed Axa-9 through wheel lock, that my bike was supplied with.
I bought my Streetcuffs several years ago, half-price in a shop closing down sale for £30, they were American imports and had $3,500 insurance attached to them ( they suggested using them to secure motorbikes, skidoos and jetskis), this impressed me and I thought them to be adequate for securing my dutch bike, ( I'm rather precious about my bike), till I got the Streetcuffs, my bike had lived in my living room. Streetcuffs are brilliant, I use them to secure my bike to railings, street furniture, bike-racks, content in the knowledge that the bike will still be there when I return. These cuffs also have the added advantage that the cuff part does not damage the bike because it is lined with a rubber buffer,(unless you drop them onto your bike, they are really quite heavy).
No maintenance needed, except an occasional squirt of WD40, into the keyhole, to displace moisture.
Streetcuffs do elicit comments....... You can guess the rest!!!
on 22 May 2012
Offers great piece of mind. I've been using it for a couple of months now without any issues. Easy to use, comes with 4 spare keys (useful for me anyway), no sign of any rust in lock mechanism despite the heavy rain of the last month. The lock is heavy but it is very secure. I bought the holder and it's fine - people who complain about the weight are a little short sighted. Surely the only time when weight is an issue is when you're racing and in that case you're unlikely to need a lock. If weight really is an issue, just leave the lock where you normally use it! You need to buy the one with several links, as oppose to the one with only two. The cuff part of the lock isn't huge but fits comfortably around road sign poles - having the version with 9 links just gives you a bit more versatility.
on 8 March 2010
the master strret cuff is the best lock that i have seen. i have a recumbent bike which has a straight frame that you can not use a normal lock with. the master street cuff solves this problem. its very strong and i can`t see anybody getting it off easily.
on 25 January 2014
Not only does it make people smile when the realize what it is, but it is also quality all the way thrue. So i can warmly recommend this.
on 4 April 2011
Absolutely bomb proof, but very heavy. I feel a little misled, I read specs/reviews referring to it in comparable weight terms to other locks. I don't know what other locks they were referring to but this is very heavy. I thought I was getting something I could fasten round my handlebars and use instead of the curly-wurly cable lock I have. No chance!

I am keeping it to use as a 'permanent mooring' where I park my bike at work and I think it will be excellent for that. But don't think that this is a nice lightweight security solution - it isn't.