5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
I see why some would say that this series has fallen but I disagree completely. I have heard others say that the characters have changed and it ruins the story. I belive that the change is good and accurate to real life. People change all the time and a group of characters that spend six years together will naturally change and grow together.

I see this as a...
Published on 19 Jan 2008 by Andy Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars It is the weakest season, period
Published on 28 Aug 2008 by J. Bennett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 19 Jan 2008
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)

I see this as a great development and I hope they finish series seven to a similar standard.

Any scrubs fan will love this just as much as any others. If new then you will enjoy it but I suggest you start from the beginning.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is the weakest season, period, 28 Aug 2008
J. Bennett "Jay" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
So far it is the weakest season of Scrubs, I personally maintain that Scrubs was at it's funniest season 2 and season 5 probably with 4 shortly after. But here the writing got sloppy and the actors do begin to try to compensate, it doesn't work. Again though, as many others say there are enough funny moments to make this a worthwhile purchase, and I'm a huge Scrubs fan so will probbaly never stop watching it. On the bright side, Season 7 (as short as it was through the writers strike) is much much better, which gives me hope for Season 8, (not sure about 9, would the show be the same with the actors playing J.D. and Carla leaving?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Too little drama, but still very lovable characters, 13 Jan 2008
Peter Maegaard (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Durring all the other seasons, there's at least one episode in each, where I've felt my gut ripped out, i.e. the rabies episodes in season five and the last double-episode with Brandon Frasier. I think a big part of why these episodes work so well - at least for me - is that they evolve around life and death and takes on some very heavy issues in a comedy series. Season six lacks this. The biggest drama you'll encounter is the JD/Kim situation and Carla's and Turk's new baby. For me, that's not enough, and I honostly can't remember a specifik epsiode in season six, even though I've watched it 2-3 times.

So, if you're mostly into Scrubs because of the comic and the characters' stories, then there's nothing that should keep you from getting season six. The characters are still just as lovable as before and the comedy is just as good. But if you're like me and wants that big gutripping drama touch in a couple of the episodes, season six is a bad choice. Get the first five instead then ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars is there a doctor in the house...?, 19 Mar 2008
S. J. Nardozzi "x-e-r-o" (n.y.c. area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
i accidently discovered 'scrubs' while i was home with the flu.....coincidence? i could not find the remote and it had just started and was too ill to get up. well, here in the n.y.c area it airs in both first run and syndication, the syndication channel airs two episodes at 7:00 p.m.. i was hooked, i immediatley related to J.D.'s character...as i can screw up anything with flashes of genius. it is hard to pinpoint the real appeal of this jem. a casual viewer might dismiss the show as sophomoric medical fluff with a bit of randy behavior, but the interaction of all the players is just right. sure there is sacrcasm and teasing, but under that layer is genuine affection. we all know that dr. cox is really the mentor we all secretly want to have on our side. however, for me the, the J.D. soliliquy observations on life are what leaves me hard hit and thinking...about life, love, friendship, death, romantic relationships and career. when the show ends, i really hope that J.D. and Elliot wind up together, they belong in each others arms...love based on friendship with friendship based on love..just give this show some time and you won't miss an episode..IMO, one of the most underrated and under awarded usa sitcoms

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappoiting must-have, 13 Mar 2009
Jens Christian Boeg (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
As a Scrubs-fan it's of course necessarry to own all dvd's, but the 6th season lacks the creativity and flowing comedy of the previous seasons. Too many people kiss and make up, are too nice to eachother, and develop personally during this season. That said, it of course carries some of the great humour that has made Scrubs the best American sit-com to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars a hell of a lot better then I expected!, 21 Jan 2008
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I have been reading reviews on season 6 for months now and have been hearing people talk about it after watching it on tv (i dont watch it till it comes out on dvd...:)) and I never heard anything positive. It made me very nervous! However now that it finally has come out and I have watched it I'm glad I had those low expectations as I was completely surprised, I think it is high above season 5 for story content and character development. I would even go as far as to say its better then season 1 and 2 in some ways.
Some people may get annoyed that it follows the same formula as before but why should they change it? it works! They have been more experimental in ways they have done some of the episodes, i.e the musical one, which is very clever. And most importantly it is still as funny as its ever been. If your a scrubs fan of any kind you should enjoy this. Everyone will have their own opinion but mine is that you should buy it now!

3.0 out of 5 stars season 6, 18 Jan 2008
Y. Radomsky - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I've got to be honest with you, its not the best. Don't get me wrong, I love Scrubs (and Season 7 is turning out to be rather good), but this series has to be the worst of the lot. Saying that, there were some fantastic episodes - My Musical (I still sing the songs randomly), and of course the double-header where a character dies. But some episodes, such as My Night To Remember, is just an episode of flashbacks from previous series'. Season 3 and 4 are still my favourite, but I will (cos im obsessed) always watch scrubs, no matter which episode or which series it is

4.0 out of 5 stars good box set, not so good episodes, 14 Jan 2008
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
The Scrubs boxsets are always good, but I find that the episodes this season are worse than some others. As another reviewer said, the first few episodes are poor, as the sitations seem even more ridiculous than normal (and are not even in J.D.'s fantasy). Throughout the series there are a few good episodes, but it is definately worse than other seasons.

However, watching this season will help pass the boring upcoming months due to the writer's strike, so maybe its a good idea to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars SCRUBS, 30 Dec 2009
P. D. Walker "Fillitforfree" (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I just love watching all the series. It has captured a truly great way of incorporating comedy with moral issues. It will make you laugh and shed a tear at times. It may even give you answers to little trivial questions you may be looking for.
Truly another hit to watch over and over again.
Go on buy it. Start at series one and work your way through as it is one long story.

5.0 out of 5 stars As allways, superb..., 22 Sep 2009
This review is from: Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
The sixth season, which is among my favourites, is as allways superb, when coming from the Scrubs crew. This season follows the characters as the 'grow up' and start hinking about marriage and having kids, all while the romantic tension between JD and Elliot rekindles. If only it would continue like that in season 7...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD]
Scrubs : Complete Season 6 [2007] [DVD] by Zach Braff (DVD - 2008)