on 14 January 2008
This item makes lovely coffee very swiftly. I would like the milk that the Aeroccino processes to be a bit hotter (you can drink your latte right away and if you don't you will have cold latte pretty quickly). But if you just quickly warm up your mug with hot water before pouring in the milk the drink stays hotter much longer. Plus the Aeroccino is very easy to use as is the Nespresso Machine. The Review of the product says that it also comes with:
Espresso cup and saucer
Cappuccino cup and saucer
Which are not included. But everything else stated is there.
Easy to use and makes heavenly coffee (plus the machine looks good in your kitchen).
on 2 June 2008
Over the years I must have owned every type of coffee machine going. My last machine was a Gaggia classic, brought home from Italy, and I didn't think I would ever need to buy another.

But - over time I have drunk less and less coffee, and now it has dwindled to making a one cup a day for 3 of us, weekends and holidays only. Ready ground coffee kept in the freezer goes nasty long before we can drink it, I can never get the grind perfect in an ordinary grinder, and so was thinking about getting a burr grinder ... when I was assailed by the scent of a demonstration of this machine in Fenwicks, and went home dreaming about it - and then amazingly there it was on Amazon for £100 (though it's since increased) and sitting in my kitchen a couple of days later.

It is a joy to be able to choose different blends of coffee instead of saying 'no, this one's open we've got to use it'. It is simple and tidy beyond belief to use (which means you can send your idle teenagers to make the coffee for a change, without swabbing down the kitchen afterwards) and the aeroccino makes satisfyingly dense foamed milk if you like cappucino.

It doesn't seem a hardship to me to have to buy the pods online - that's 'easy shopping' in my book - and if you order the nespresso club's opening offer from the booklet included with the maching (£65 inc p& p), you get a free box to store 3 each of the 12 coffee blends (with handy descriptions in the lid), and 250 assorted coffee pods. I shan't need to buy any more for a while.

It also comes with a 3 year guarantee.

I am just thrilled with it!
on 27 May 2008
I spent a few weeks deliberating between this machine and the Dulce Gusto. This won out in the end, mainly because it was reduced in price for a while and I really wanted the Aeroccino.

Thankfully, it is relatively simple to use, which is just as well as the instructions for operation are very basic. You simply lift the lever, pop in the coffee capsule of your choice, replace the lever, press the button and delicious hot coffee comes out. It's recommended to do this procedure without the capsule before and after you make your coffee. Doing it before heats your cup and after, flushes the machine out. Lifting the lever after the coffee has been made drops the capsule into the drip tray below but sometimes I have to do this more than once to ensure it has gone.

I've found the coffee to be lovely and hot - I can't stand tepid drinks and worried that this might be a problem. It has a lovely crema on top and with 19 bar pressure it beats other machines in this and higher price ranges. Nespresso recommends 40ml for an espresso and 110 ml for a lungo which is caluclated for you at the push of a button. I tend to push the large version twice though as I like enough for a mugful and it's still strong enough for me! However the great thing is that it's possible to programme the machine to pour to your desired level whilst allowing you to reset if you change your mind later.

Cleaning - what cleaning? ;) A quick rinse of the drip tray occasionally is all that you need, although it's recommended to de-scale from time to time.

The aeroccino is a speedy little electrical milk frother/heater that is really easy to use. Pour the milk in, press the button and 50 seconds later, lovely frothed milk or 80 seconds for hot milk. I used to microwave, then manually froth and wondered how beneficial this gadget would really be but it's just better and quicker!

There's a great selection of coffee capsules available and ordering online is easy. The drawback is that the capsules aren't available in supermarkets which is a shame, as the delivery charge (£4.95 standard currently) obviously adds to the cost. If you buy a large quantity of capsules however,(currently 25p per capsule) a reduced delivery rate is available. Unfortunately coffee as good as this comes at a price!
on 11 February 2008
Wow! That was my first impression when I unpacked my order. Wow! when I found out how easy and simple it was to use. Wow! When I took my first sip, it was simply divine, I am a fussy coffee drinker and it makes absolutely the best coffee to die for! I simply froth my milk a bit longer and do it first before I start the making the coffee, it takes seconds and that way, you end up with a lovely hot drink.
on 15 May 2008
Thanks to this machine i can enjoy my favourit coffee whenever i want, the selection of coffee provided by nespresso is great too! Make great Latte macciatto!
on 17 May 2008
I have had a Krups espresso machine for years but I rarely use it on weekday mornings because it takes too long. So, I bought one of these a few days ago. The machine itself is nice and seems solidly made. The coffee doesn't live up to the hype though and it is inferior to what I can make with my old machine using pre-ground Lavazza. In fact, it is inferior to what you would get in most coffee chains. It doesn't have the depth of flavour and the crema is strangely bubbly and not dense enough.