5.0 out of 5 stars If only life could be like this......
Published on 17 Jan 2009 by S. Balloo

3.0 out of 5 stars Bruce Greenwood pulled it off
I wasn't too sure what to expect when I impulse-bought this dvd mainly for the lovely Mr Greenwood, of whom I am a big fan. And for the first 45 mintues I thought I'd made a bit of a judgement error.

However, the last 45 minutes completely changed my mind and I was thrilled to bits with it.

The story is sweet and beautifully acted, the scenery is...
Published on 24 Aug 2009 by B. Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars If only life could be like this......, 17 Jan 2009
S. Balloo "Saesha" (Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film. When the Angel is sent from Heaven to Earth to learn a lesson, he ends up falling in love with Melissa Gilbert but he can only stay on earth for 30 days and when he goes back he has to take one of the Souls with him. What a twist, you think you have worked out the Soul he is going to take with him twice, but its who you least expect that he takes back with him or does he???? You will have to watch the movie to find out!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bruce Greenwood pulled it off, 24 Aug 2009
B. Allen "Yellow Car Rules" (NUNEATON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)

The story is sweet and beautifully acted, the scenery is lovely, as is Bruce.

I can recommend it if you are a fan of either of the leads.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!!, 1 Jun 2009
Mrs. Jayshree Harper "jaybabes" (Lichfield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
I didn't expect some rude scenes in the film considering the rating on it. I was quite embarrased watching it with my daughter to say the least!!. It was a good story so couldn't see the need for the rude scenes really, it just spoilt the point they were trying to get across. But worth watching all in all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good family film, 12 Nov 2013
This was a good film for all the family to watch .Mellissa Gilbert played the part very well and I would recommend it to anyone who likes her films .

5.0 out of 5 stars The Soul Collector, 1 May 2012
E. Lombard "Lizasaurus" (Melbourne, Victoria, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
I did not expect much when I purchased this movie (because it starred Melissa Gilbert), but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a great, unusual story, well acted and a real tearjerker. Melissa Gilbert has been in some way out movies but the roles suit her. A very early role for Hilary Duff as the daughter of a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars "I would trade all of eternity for one lifetime with this woman, 7 April 2012
(THE FILM):
"soul collector" is a Funny, Romantic, Warm hearted film
its about an ANGEL that neglects his duties and is banished to live as a human for one month to learn HIS lesson,He has now been chosen to experience life as a human
(soul collector)an angel of sorts who helps bring a persons spirit into the afterlife. played beautifully by Bruce Greenwood
He makes his home on an old family run farm and discovers sensations, emotions and experiences he has never known before, from the feeling of rain touching his skin, to the desire and passion a person feels when they fall in love.
he ends up falling in love with the lovely Melissa Gilbert,
a young widow who runs the farm. She and her son embrace and come to rely on him, not knowing of course, that he is not of this world
Bruce Greenwood can only stay on earth for 30 days ???
but there is a sting to this beautiful tale ?
when he goes back he has to take one of the Souls with him ?.
What a twist!!!,
you think you have worked out the Soul he is going to take with him, but the more you try the more complicated it gets ?
I CAN FEEL YOU THINKING NOW ?
you are saying to your self it must be the person who you least expect? that he takes back with him ?
but who is that ?
is it a he?
or a she ?
or does he take any one with him ?
I would love to tell you?
BUT?
I am afraid by the (ANGEL Code of Honour) I AM BOUND BY SECRECY?
There is only one way to find out?
the next 30 days this will have to be your mission ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
Get your hankie ready you will need it. Lovely film quite poinient having just lost my best friend to cancer I wish I could have brought this before for her to watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ladies night in film, 1 April 2011
D. Williams (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
This seemed like a 'Christian' romance story to begin with but was surprised at raunchy sex scenes between 'an angel' and a widow. Predictable story throughout with a contradictory ending! We are led to believe that the angel's earthly body dies and he returns to heaven with his supervisor but a clip with the subtitles shows him alive and living as a mortal...maybe I should watch it again incase I missed a bit!

2.0 out of 5 stars Where are the subtitiles?, 20 Sep 2010
Mrs. Penelope J. Jaquet (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
Love films, need subtitles as I am hard of hearing. This one doesn't have any and I am struggling to hear. Otherwise it would have been much higher on my star rating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying, 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Soul Collector [DVD] (DVD)
I only bought this because it had Melissa Gilbert in, it's a soppy love story wouldn't buy it again.

The Soul Collector [DVD]
The Soul Collector [DVD] by Michael Scott (DVD - 2007)
Used & New from: £1.91