4.0 out of 5 stars Be patient
Published on 25 Feb 2008 by D. Betson

2.0 out of 5 stars Wii darts game or old fashioned dart-board?
Published on 25 Feb 2008 by Mrs. R. Goor

2.0 out of 5 stars Wii darts game or old fashioned dart-board?, 25 Feb 2008
Mrs. R. Goor (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
We have had this game for just a week and I'm so frustrated with it!! The first go I had I was completely rubbish but then seemed to get the hang of it. My husband tried but could not throw one dart!! He just could not get used to the difficult style of throwing. It's very inconsistent when you press A to release your dart as it doesn't always leave your hand. I have had another go and I had to put it away in my frustration. It's certainly not living up to what I thought it would be like. I should have got a dart board instead!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Be patient, 25 Feb 2008
D. Betson (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
Lots of people seem to have had no patience with this game. However with a little bit of practice you can quickly work out how to throw the darts consistently. Persistence with the same grip is the key - I hold the controller with the buttons facing the right with my 4th finger on the A button and it works a treat. Have won 2 tournaments so far and am up to 6th in the world, however it took a while to figure it out. Have also had 2 9 darters.

My only gripes are that the opposition averages are far too good (although once you get the hang they need to be good to avoid a pasting), and the second one that nobody seems to have picked up on is the fact that there is a bug with the game durations in the tournaments. In the LV Desert Classic for example, all rounds were best of 11 legs (first to 6) instead of becoming longer as the tournament progresses. Thats why I have done so well - I think I might struggle in a really long match but havent had the chance.

That aside (and I believe a fix is on the way for this) it's great fun and really addictive, but do be patient because you wont master it within the first few hours - it will take a few days

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 26 Feb 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
I was really excited when I saw this game. I struggle to find games that my husband and I can play together, but this seemed ideal. However it became obvious very very quickly that this really wasn't going to fit the bill. The controls are really difficult to master and there is nothing to really help. I think I'll trade this in asap.

2.0 out of 5 stars PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DARTS 2008 (WII), 5 Nov 2009
Mr. M. Davies "MR.D" (Harlesden, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
The game is too difficult to play and is a waste of time, dont bother buying.

The only good thing is, i didnt pay the full price of which you would pay in the shops.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Brilliant, Hard Too Use, 6 Nov 2008
Nigel Mcculloch (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
This dart game is really not the best as the wii remote is sooo hard too use, I mean you can't throw the wii remote! Don't mean to spoil the game but I recommend you don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars load of rubbish, 21 Jun 2008
W. V. John (wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
this game is a waste of money .. party game darts is the one lots of fun

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely unplayable, 2 Jun 2008
V. J. Chettleburgh (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this game for my Husband who had eagerly been awaiting its release. What a disappointment.

It is absolutely impossible to play. Even if you manage to actually release the dart (no small feat) then it doesn't go where you aimed it.

We've attempted to play it a handful of times and will now be trading it in. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars big disapointment, 25 April 2008
G. Gibb "gibby" (west lothian) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
I can't begin to tell you how disapointing this game is
I looked forward to this for about 6 months and i could just throw it away
It is by far the hardest game ever to control and it is only playable if you use the chuck which defeats the prupose of the wii
The game makers have a great deal to look at if they are to follow this up and i'm sure they will.
I think there is some cheap game with darts on it avalible for the wii.
I would go for that if i was you.

3.0 out of 5 stars throw darts at it, 27 Mar 2008
toby juggs (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
oh boy is this game frustrating, even though it looks and feels good, when it comes to throwing the darts it is no way like the real deal. the sensitivity is all over the place and it doesn't seem to matter how you adjust it, the control is awful. if you like frustrating games that takes ages to master then by it, but not for darts at least the real ones get closer to the target.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wii fun!, 23 Mar 2008
Mr. G. Woodward (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)
I ended up really liking this game although so far I have only been able to play it on my own. The tournaments are very good and capture very well the atmosphere of a live darts game, the animations and 'cutting' of the sequences are very good although I found a few bugs (if you ever end up with 82 left, don't follow the checkout that comes up, because it comes to 80!)

The controls I found took a little getting used to, but after a short while it was pretty easy. I can understand why some reviews slate the game on this though! I like the fact that the control is very similar to the throw of a real dart (although it's obviously a wii-mote.)

To play by yourself would get very boring in a short space of time, but it's going to take me a while to get to the end of the Career mode so I'm going to be busy trying. To have the extra games such as Cricket and Killer, where multiple players can have a go at the same board is great, making this a fun party game with your mates.

All in all, it might seem like a boring game, but in my opinion it's a great buy, especially if you're into darts already!

PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii)
PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Wii) by Oxygen Interactive (Nintendo Wii)
8.62