5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS THERE! Brilliant future-classic stand-up DVD
Published on 8 Dec 2007 by Ms. Suzanna M. Kempner

3.0 out of 5 stars I Just Don't Know....
Published on 25 Jun 2008 by Benny O'Laugherty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS THERE! Brilliant future-classic stand-up DVD, 8 Dec 2007
Ms. Suzanna M. Kempner "TheSoozMonster" (South London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Better than the Shame DVD of last year....in fact, better than many stand-up shows available today! Russell effortlessly chats to an enraptured audience about topics as diverse as doing a sex scene in a Hollywood film to having your dad lose it while zipping up your bodywarmer. I was lucky enough to be at the Hackney Empire when this show was filmed and the transfer to DVD has lost none of the intimacy and spontaneity of that night. No comedian is quicker and sharper with comebacks...watching Russell gracefully expose his soul all over the stage instantly renders the (very talented) likes of Peter Kay, Billy Connelly and Eddie Izzard dated. Stand-up comedy has a new benchmark. Forget the tabloid tales, forget the critics who can think of nothing more intelligent to describe him as than "that idiot from Big Brother with the stupid hair"....Doing Life reveals a warm, intelligent and deeply hilarious comic that will be around for many, many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic show, 6 Jan 2008
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see the 'Doing Life' tour so I was a little hesitant to buy this DVD. However having seen 'Shame' live, buying the DVD and being treated to a gig full of different material I went for it and bought this on the day of release. Thank heavens. This is Russell in his element, commanding the room with such charisma that from the moment he made his entrance I was hooked right until the finish. Plenty of glorious improvisation with only about 25% of the show similar to the one I had seen and even those parts had me laughing.

In my opinion Russell is an aquired taste, but there are anecdotes and one liners that had my mum laughing and she is not exactly what I'd call a fan.

I won't go into detail about the extras but they do not disappoint..
Definitely buy this DVD if you are a fan of Russell or if you are unsure, having recommended it to several friends who hadn't experienced Russell's stand-up and have thanked me for introducing them to him. I've watched this plenty of times since I bought it and it never fails to amuse. The only reason it is 4 stars is because it is simply not long enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Omg !! I absolutely love Russell brand !! He's hilarious, clever and strangely fit ! Best part when he's sat on the mans knee in the audience !

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Very funny DVD, bought this for a present, I have bought several of Russell Brand, always enjoyed, good price to

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 10 May 2013
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
i love my russle brand dvd did not take long in the post to get to me thank u x

5.0 out of 5 stars :D, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
As I've said before, I'll always say Russell's funny, I think if you like his material then it's great, give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's me!, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Simply the best. Well worth buying and has to be 5-star.
Especially as I'm the person in the audience whose lap he sits on!

5.0 out of 5 stars goth detective- macabre de coiffure, 10 Mar 2010
Serena Greaves "dvd fiend" (australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
2nd dvd release from Russell Brand. Takes you on a random journey through what it was like filming Forgetting Sarah Marshall and everything else in between.

contains extras and backstage hijinx. this dvd is definetely not one for the kiddies as it contains alot of sexual references and coarse language

but if you're not offended by any of that then you will have a right laugh

3.0 out of 5 stars I Just Don't Know...., 25 Jun 2008
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
.....I mean its weird, an internationally recognised and loved comedian like Brand..I expected more to be honest. It starts off with great promise he got a fantatsic reception when he came on as well as some original crowd interraction made it look like it was going to be a good show. What followed was a sequence of long stories that didn't really keep my attention. Even the audience, who had given him such a rousing reception at the beginning seemed a little bored with long awkward silences until he hit with a weak enough pay off. The observations are good enough but lack a real conviction and punchlines. Having said all that Brand has great Charisma and gets some good laughs from his scene building and doing voices which is entertaining.
Overall not fantastic but not bad enough to throw in the bin... just meh

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome comedian and expert funnyman!, 12 Jan 2008
This review is from: Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is the best. Russell Brand captivates you right from the start, but if you are easily offended it isn't for you. He tells of his life as an early actor, his Dad and how unemployment is. One of the best parts is about "Dogs with jobs".

This dvd is very well put together and there is extras like Russell on "Friday Night with Jonathon Ross" and "Backstage at the Hackney Empire".

A very good watch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD]
Russell Brand: Doing Life - Live [2007] [DVD] by Russell Brand (DVD - 2007)
1.50