‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Laid-back and very funny, 16 Feb 2009
Andreas Gerold (Hanover, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
It's simply the laid-back atmosphere of this show which makes it great viewing! Sometimes, when watching other US comedy shows, you cannot shake off the feeling that the script is treating the gags like a drill instructor shoving young parachuters out of the plane on the day of their first jump, whether they are happy with it or not. It's another story with "My Name Is Earl", a story that (not much unlike its protagonists) is drifting around, stumbling almost unintentionally into the most grotesque and absurd situations.

The first season built up a stock of weird, memorable characters - a huge credit of the show and a fine accomplishment even by the standards of the "Simpsons" motley social universe - and this second season uses that resource to great effect. In that respect, the episode "Cops" is a particular highlight, where almost all the trailer park and motel denizens that have won our hearts are paraded with American pride...along with a depiction of their favourite pastimes that counterbalances our love with a wholesome amount of disgust.

And again, also in this season, it's the twists and turns in the stories, the sheer delight of inventive narration that make for a really good time. So perhaps the only unpleasant feeling is some anticipation as to whether they can keep it up in the third season...

5.0 out of 5 stars This show gets better and better..., 22 Feb 2008
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
If you have seen the first series of My Name is Earl then you will know how funny it can be, however this season gets even funnier and unlike the first season, the second does not focus fully on the list, but does focus on other matters and we begin to learn more about Earl, Darnell and especially Randy. Episodes to look out for are: Van Hickey (Includes Raplh), Born a Gamblin Man and The Trial.
Not to spolt things too much but ... Surprising ending.
,Taribo

5.0 out of 5 stars i love crabman!, 2 May 2011
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
i love this show. all the characters are hilarious, but crabman is just the best. apart from mr turtle of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars even better than the first series., 2 Mar 2009
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
If you like season one, there really is no reason not to buy season two. All cast members are settled in their roles and the stories just keep getting better and funnier. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good follow up to Season One, but should have arrived on DVD before Christmas, 16 Nov 2007
J. Day "Swift" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Although some of novelty of season one has worn off, as well as the directors relying on somewhat more traditional U.S. TV trappings, My Name is Earl season two is still an excellent series. It pushes the format by focusing on story arcs and development of regular characters, which helps the show retain it's freshness.

However, whilst the DVD has a comparable amount of special features to season one set(including the very funny episode commentaries) I can't understand why FOX have chosen to wait until after Christmas '07 to release this in the U.K. I was hoping to put it on Christmas list this year as were many, and was dissapointed that FOX have chosen to shoot themselves in the foot from both a sales and consumer point of view.

So, a cracking DVD set that I can't really fault other than the delay between it's release in the U.S. in September, and it's supposed January '08 launch here.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 April 2014
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
bought season 1 about 3 years ago watched season 1 again an forgot how much i liked this program so i bought season 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite season!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Out of all four seasons of 'Earl', this one is hands-down my favourite!
After the gem that was season 1, this really did not disappoint. Every episode is quality and really funny - my favourite is 'Our Cops is On' in which we get a glimpse at how Earl was before he made his list - brilliant and hilarious!
Not only is this season packed full of laughs, but it has some episodes that really add to the depth of Earl's character, such as 'Guess who's coming out of Joy', which, to me, was heartbreaking!
The series also comes to a brilliant cliffhanger ending too!

5.0 out of 5 stars What goes, comes around...., 1 Dec 2007
Dean Rogers "Citadel_Prime" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I can only agree with the previous reviewer. As this series is being shown on Channel 4 and is already available as a DVD in the USA it seems, to say the least, eccentric that I too am am unable to buy this as a Christmas present for folks that I care about (including me!)

In the meantime I guess all that remains for me to do is number 97 on my list "Always fell asleep during the kids Christmas afternoon TV"

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic comedy you'll watch over and over, 6 April 2008
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This is if possible better than the first series, there are alot of belly laugh moments in this series if you have not seen the first series get it and then get this. As others have already said this series explains more about Earls life the one with Ralph is by far the best.

For me this is one of those series's that you have to own it's like you have to own the back to the future trilogy, trust me if you like comedy or at the very least are able to laugh you will love this show.

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best of all seasons so far, 3 Mar 2009
This review is from: My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Entertaining and funny. Earl and Randy are at their best in this second season. Earl still tries to atone for his past mistakes with the help of his crew of petty criminals and manages to do so. Some episodes are more than funny, they are original such as the one where each of the characters gives his view on a theft they have made.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD]
My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD] by Jason Lee (DVD - 2008)