5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful battery
Published on 17 April 2009 by Alexander Horsburgh

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off don't work batteries you've been warned!
Bought 4 batteries for spares for my Sony alpha 77. Upon receipt charged them according to manufacturers instructions then took them on holiday with me. When inserted into the camera the camera displays the message, incompatible battery, and camera turns off. Same for all four batteries. Have returned them and waited over 4 weeks with no refund.

AVOID ! This...
Published on 9 July 2012 by Paul mcmahon

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful battery, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
I bought this as a back up not long after buying my new Sony A300. I took the camera on holiday, used it a lot, and continued using it for several weeks after, all without having to change or charge the battery. These batteries have serious stamina. They also charge up quickly and the percentage use indicator is very accurate. I'd recommend it if you are travelling and don't want to carry the charger and an adaptor for different electrical sockets but, if you are never going to be away for that long and have the opportunity to charge your battery when you are not using your camera, you probably won't need a spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony battery 500H, 27 May 2009
N. Chapman (derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Good delivery and service, its a battery so no starling information except chose Sony product as the camera is a sony and the battery may provide information along with a power source so that the camera can provide feedback as to the condition of the battery (percentage of power left). Interestingly the replacement or spare battery seems to out perform the original camera battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars And Then There Were Two!!!, 22 April 2009
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
These little babes are incredible!! The life on these things are astounding... I've been canning my alpha and my last shoot saw 988 shots and 40% still on hand! I wish my phone had such stamina LOL I've got two of these monsters and it's very rare indeed that they need to pass the baton! Charge time is reasonably quick to full from totally wasted (they say partial charging is fine but I tend to go from zero to hero as I'm always in transit!) To be honest the first time I used the original Battery I thought the spare would never see the light of day LOL

And as for Value For Money; Amazon has the BEST price and delivered in less than 24hrs (I paid express as I was Leaving the country!!!)

Ps Details: Mainly shooting Jpeg... Lot's of live view and previewing, occasional body-flash (will update when I get in the studio if any change on the raw-side!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 7 Oct 2009
daft seller "mad buyer" (Fort William, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Bought this battery and wish everything alse electronic I own is as good. A MUST for any serious camera user - great value for money and a great life - 800 pics and still 30% life left.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off don't work batteries you've been warned!, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)

AVOID ! This seller and the cheap knock off batteries. I have since purchased spare batteries at a cost of 70 from a Sony dealer and whilst they look identical, same model number etc they work fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Possible counterfeit battery pack, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
We believe this item to be counterfeit and will be send you a separate claim. It arrived fully charged - which made us suspicious and when we attempted to recharge it, we found the pack does not fit our Sony charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but pricey..., 3 Dec 2012
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
It has to be said the Sony batteries are of a good quality, and there is a decent argument for using OEM maker batteries v other vendors out there. I did try Duracell and their equivalent, but ran into problems with only a 50% charge showing up (SLT-A57). That was returned and I got a refund. I have not encountered any issues with the Sony battery so far. And yes it is the "genuine product" not some clone (purchased from Amazon directly)

I would say sometimes it is worth looking at the generic batteries there are many around on ebay for folks to pick from (but they can vary in quality/issues). But you really do need a reliable back up battery esp if you are doing serious photo work. In that sense the Sony delivers. Price wise I would think a more appropriate price would be around the 25 mark, though I have seen other makers charge more for their OEM batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for genuine battery, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Finally I've found the genuine article at a good price. Yes it looks genuine, has a recent date November 2011. [NB Lion Batteries have a finite lifespan, so little point getting one 2 years old!] and it even has a genuine CE mark. Looks identical to the one in my new A77

Placed on the charger and within 2 hours was 'charged'; and then I verified the 'full charge status' in the A77 Camera, and it showed 100%. So far so good - can't imagine it won't perform perfectly.

Until this one I found a few sites claiming to sell the genuine article. One had a suspect Hologram, another one had no CE Mark?, and a 3rd was over 2 years old. OK this one was 10 more, but at least it was 20 less than Sony's price and it's the genuine article! 10 to protect and camera and G lens valued at 2,000 seems worth it.

Save yourself a load of hassle, this is the one to get!

Why am I fussy, well you could get a clone for 10 and that would probably work quite well, but 'if' it mafunctioned and destroyed the camera - you have no recourse to Sony.
Buying a supposedly 'genuine' battery that turns out to be a fake; is IMO potentially the most dangerous scenario, because if the scammer is willing to fake it, they are obviuosly not ethical - so why would they bother to make a decent battery. After all they are con artists; so they are hardly bothered about their after sales reputation.

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Additional battery for Sony Alpha 700 LSR battery grip. This was the cheapest original Sony NP-FM500H I have found, works well. Previously got a cheap copy with no i chip at 1/4 the price, would not work in the grip with other orginal Sony i battery, only on it's own.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an official Sony product, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
This battery seemed legit. But when I tried to use it, it gave me the mesagge: Incompatible battery. I checked out the internet and found out this is actually a fake.