5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful battery
Published on 17 April 2009 by Alexander Horsburgh

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off don't work batteries you've been warned!
Bought 4 batteries for spares for my Sony alpha 77. Upon receipt charged them according to manufacturers instructions then took them on holiday with me. When inserted into the camera the camera displays the message, incompatible battery, and camera turns off. Same for all four batteries. Have returned them and waited over 4 weeks with no refund.

AVOID ! This...
Published on 9 July 2012 by Paul mcmahon

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful battery, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
I bought this as a back up not long after buying my new Sony A300. I took the camera on holiday, used it a lot, and continued using it for several weeks after, all without having to change or charge the battery. These batteries have serious stamina. They also charge up quickly and the percentage use indicator is very accurate. I'd recommend it if you are travelling and don't want to carry the charger and an adaptor for different electrical sockets but, if you are never going to be away for that long and have the opportunity to charge your battery when you are not using your camera, you probably won't need a spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony battery 500H, 27 May 2009
N. Chapman (derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Good delivery and service, its a battery so no starling information except chose Sony product as the camera is a sony and the battery may provide information along with a power source so that the camera can provide feedback as to the condition of the battery (percentage of power left). Interestingly the replacement or spare battery seems to out perform the original camera battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars And Then There Were Two!!!, 22 April 2009
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
These little babes are incredible!! The life on these things are astounding... I've been canning my alpha and my last shoot saw 988 shots and 40% still on hand! I wish my phone had such stamina LOL I've got two of these monsters and it's very rare indeed that they need to pass the baton! Charge time is reasonably quick to full from totally wasted (they say partial charging is fine but I tend to go from zero to hero as I'm always in transit!) To be honest the first time I used the original Battery I thought the spare would never see the light of day LOL

And as for Value For Money; Amazon has the BEST price and delivered in less than 24hrs (I paid express as I was Leaving the country!!!)

Ps Details: Mainly shooting Jpeg... Lot's of live view and previewing, occasional body-flash (will update when I get in the studio if any change on the raw-side!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 7 Oct. 2009
daft seller "mad buyer" (Fort William, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Bought this battery and wish everything alse electronic I own is as good. A MUST for any serious camera user - great value for money and a great life - 800 pics and still 30% life left.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for genuine battery, 23 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Finally I've found the genuine article at a good price. Yes it looks genuine, has a recent date November 2011. [NB Lion Batteries have a finite lifespan, so little point getting one 2 years old!] and it even has a genuine CE mark. Looks identical to the one in my new A77

Placed on the charger and within 2 hours was 'charged'; and then I verified the 'full charge status' in the A77 Camera, and it showed 100%. So far so good - can't imagine it won't perform perfectly.

Until this one I found a few sites claiming to sell the genuine article. One had a suspect Hologram, another one had no CE Mark?, and a 3rd was over 2 years old. OK this one was £10 more, but at least it was £20 less than Sony's price and it's the genuine article! £10 to protect and camera and G lens valued at £2,000 seems worth it.

Save yourself a load of hassle, this is the one to get!

Why am I fussy, well you could get a clone for £10 and that would probably work quite well, but 'if' it mafunctioned and destroyed the camera - you have no recourse to Sony.
Buying a supposedly 'genuine' battery that turns out to be a fake; is IMO potentially the most dangerous scenario, because if the scammer is willing to fake it, they are obviuosly not ethical - so why would they bother to make a decent battery. After all they are con artists; so they are hardly bothered about their after sales reputation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off don't work batteries you've been warned!, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)

AVOID ! This seller and the cheap knock off batteries. I have since purchased spare batteries at a cost of £70 from a Sony dealer and whilst they look identical, same model number etc they work fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but pricey..., 3 Dec. 2012
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
It has to be said the Sony batteries are of a good quality, and there is a decent argument for using OEM maker batteries v other vendors out there. I did try Duracell and their equivalent, but ran into problems with only a 50% charge showing up (SLT-A57). That was returned and I got a refund. I have not encountered any issues with the Sony battery so far. And yes it is the "genuine product" not some clone (purchased from Amazon directly)

I would say sometimes it is worth looking at the generic batteries there are many around on ebay for folks to pick from (but they can vary in quality/issues). But you really do need a reliable back up battery esp if you are doing serious photo work. In that sense the Sony delivers. Price wise I would think a more appropriate price would be around the £25 mark, though I have seen other makers charge more for their OEM batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Sony DSLR camera battery..., 21 July 2013
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Not much to say really as it's only a battery, but I couldn't believe that some retailers are selling this at the RRP of around £80 which seems way too expensive.

I bought the product directly from Amazon, as a discount of around 50% sounded great to me. I was a bit suspicious of some of the other offers I've seen on the web as they seemed too good to be true. I was worried that if I bought the product from someone I've never heard of, I might get ripped off or end up with a counterfeit product.

The battery arrived as expected with no problems directly from Amazon via Royal Mail. The battery (made in Japan) came in sealed original Sony packaging with a small hologram sticker inside to verify its authenticity. As stated you can get around 500 shots from this battery.

Also, it's best if you put it in the charger before you plug it in to the mains, otherwise the light on the charger might start flashing if you do it the other way around; which could be misinterpreted as a faulty battery when it isn't.
thks!

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY NP-500H BATTERY, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
Contary to some reviews on here regarding these Sony batteries I can confirm the one supplied to me was in full Sony packaging with associated paperwork and was identical to the one supplied with my Sony A77

So obviously I would recommended this seller and battery over the higher priced identical batteries charged by other suppliers on Amazon.

Would purchase again without worry.....hopefully :)

In reply to the negative posters regarding this :-

If you received a fake looking battery in non sealed Sony packaging without associated paperwork and battery ID stickers etc then it"s probably fake lol

Send it back under the Amazon guarentee....simples....why would you accept and keep an expensive fake ? when there"s much cheaper alternatives out there in Amazonland that are advertised as non-genuine :)

Ian

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DSLRA Battery, 1 Feb. 2010
K.C. (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack (Accessory)
These batteries, for the Sony Alpha DSLR range, tell you their charge whilst in use and they hold this very well in and out of the camera. Just in case I needed the camera to take continuous shooting or not wishing to have the charger on a short holiday (I dread leaving the charger connected, forgotten and a long way from home, left in someone elses 13amp socket!) I decided to get a another, a total of three altogether. They are not heavy weighing less than four AA re-chargeable or alkaline batteries. This one, from Amazon, was much cheaper and a genuine Sony. Another I puchased - a compatible type from another merchant - would not even allow me to close the battery compartment door which could have been disasterous. I was refunded the price but of course lost the postage. It takes about four hours for a full charge. Highly recommended.

Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack