5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect!
Published on 14 Jan. 2009 by Little Sparkle

3.0 out of 5 stars Milk heating problems
I tried every trick under the sun - there was more hot water run through the machine than was every used to make the coffee but it just wouldn't get the milk hot enough.

I don't know about you but I want to actually take a bit of time to drink my (hot) coffee. With this machine if you don't drink it within a few seconds you might as well give up...
Published on 15 Dec. 2009 by Mark Barton

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect!, 14 Jan. 2009
Little Sparkle (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nespresso Lattissima by De'Longhi EN670, Mysterious Black (Kitchen & Home)
Ordered on a Thursday night, arrived at 7am on Saturday morning - great service from Amazon (as usual). Unpacked and set up in no time. I was prepared for a long drawn out set up after reading some of the reviews on here but I had my first coffee within half an hour (after deliberating about where it should go in the kitchen). It is so simple to use, so neat, compact, functional and delivers almost perfect results! The milk container sits neatly in the door of my fridge for easy storage and retrieval and I've usually used it up within a couple of days so the milk hasn't gone sour on me yet.

Update One
After two weeks of owning the machine though, I have realised that to get my perfect latte or cappuccino I have to zap it for 20-30 seconds in the microwave after it has been prepared. That is after warming the machine up for 5 minutes not 2 mins, using the cup warming plate on top, the self clean function to warm the milk pipes, running a lungo through first, and heating the cup for a minute or so. Unbelievably, the microwave zap is still required though...!

Update Two
I went to the Nespresso boutique in Manchester yesterday and asked there about the latte/cappuccino not being hot enough. They did make me a drink using the same machine and it was too hot to drink. However, the machine had been on all day and it was made in a lungo sized cup. The girl suggested that it could be because I am making it in my own cappuccino cup which is a larger size (and I've adjusted the milk and coffee volumes accordingly). As there is more milk than hot coffee this could be the reason why it isn't hot enough. However, she has suggested that I talk to Nespresso direct about it.

Update Three
So that is what I was going to do yesterday, but this is the final update! I have today had a cappuccino and a latte that were both too hot to drink. The secret is to leave the machine on for at least 5 minutes but more if possible. Run a lungo into the cup you want to use to warm up the pipes and the cup. Get your milk container out of the fridge and put it on the machine as soon as you can - the closer you let it get to room temperature the better. Run the clean function on the milk container at least twice to get the pipes on the milk container hot (essential if the lid part has been cold in the fridge too). My machine was on for about four hours in total today, most of which it had automatically gone to standby. We had four milk style coffees from it and all of them were too hot to drink and absolutely perfect, foamy and delicious.

You might think that is a lot of hassle for a perfect cup of coffee from such an expensive machine. Not me. I think this machine is a dream and has fantastic functionality and great looks and I have become addicted to my espresso in the morning and cappuccino when I get home from work. I can't imagine life without it!

One final thing for all of us who are concerned about the environment- the capsules are manufactured from aluminium and are recyclable. Just open up the lid with a knife, put the coffee in the bin and then you can put the capsule in the aluminium (can) recycling bin.

If you're thinking of investing in this machine - you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee gadget, 17 Dec. 2008
Wow! I've been an espresso fan for years, but lately busy work schedules have put me off the faff involved with my elderly but faithful machine, which was still making excellent coffees.

This was the replacement, and it's everything we wanted. The espresso is EXCELLENT, as good and probably better as anything I've ever had whether that's at a shop or home.

Pros: perfect espresso every time. Great selection of coffee. No mess. Not particularly expensive to run, nespresso pods are competitively priced. Lattes and cappucinos are great too, with NO need to mess around steaming milk, so so good.

Cons: Milk is not quite as hot as I'd like it and just a smidge inferior to hand frother milk. Pods not available in shops(but ordering is easy). Has made me drink lots of coffee due to it being so good!

In summary this is the ultimate mix of convenience, superb coffee and clever packaging. If you need easy latte and cappucino as well as excellent espresso, get this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Milk heating problems, 15 Dec. 2009

Its a shame as the coffee part was good and I liked the idea of a one touch instant coffee, after speaking to Nesspresso (Delonghi wouldn'y speak to me about the machine) they indicated its a popular machine but they do get a lot of calls about the milk heating. In the end they indicated I should return the machine which I have done.

On the bright side this machine - Magimix M190 11300 Citiz and Milk Nespresso Coffee Machine Black is much better - though not fully automatic it at least is less faffing around and gets the milk hot.

4.0 out of 5 stars My lovely new coffee machine (sigh), 12 Jan. 2012
First thing I need to get out of the way - I love this machine!!

Going through the manual felt surprisingly daunting at first; setting the programmable water levels, running water through to clean it for first time use, etc. I took my time for a change and it was set up waiting to go pretty quickly.

You get a selection of the coffees that Nespresso supply and the first problem is choosing which one to go for!

I have no complaints about this machine at all. A previous reviewer suggests pushing a lungo through the machine (no capsule) to warm the tubes and this has the desired result of producing a very hot coffee. I tend to pop the milk container into the microwave for 30s to take the fridge chill off it and again, for me, this does the trick of not cooling down the coffee.
The buttons are easy to program if you prefer a longer espresso or lungo or more/less milk with your cappuccino.

I'd recommend joining Nespresso's coffee club. The capsules are cheaper from them and you can now order a recyle bag. Fill it up with your capsules and when they deliver the next lot of coffe, they will collect the spent capsules - the bag takes 200 a time.

Final tip if you're really into recyling - I bought something called the outpresso - Nespresso Capsule Recyling Accessory - Black
I think it is maybe a little expensive, but it neatly squashes the capsule flat and pushes the coffee out to be popped into the compost bin. You canthen get more than 200 caps into the recyle bag.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perseverence pays, 31 Mar. 2010
I chose this because I wanted the convenience of a push button get coffee machine but without the budget for a nice looking bean to cup machine. If I could justify £700 + on a coffee machine I would not be choosing this. I came v close to returning it though, for the temperature issues raised by others. By warming through as instructed and choosing max froth for max steam I now make hot latte's. The coffee is always hot, it's the milk side that takes the tweaking. The clever way the machine let's you customise milk and water volumes for all styles of drinks does allow for a temp/taste balance to be found. Regular longer coffee drinks with milk, I microwave milk in my cup first then add the coffee, for a hot americano with milk. The different coffees available should suit all tastes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit Drippy, 24 July 2010
Makes great coffee, infinite amount of changes to get a perfect cup & a memory to save your settings. Small problem is the coffee dispending nozzle drips for about a minute after finishing. Yes there is a drip tray, but I have it pushed in to make way for my Mr Greedy mug ;)... a small but annoying problem. Thats why it is 4 Stars, not 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons, 3 Jun. 2011
+ Good Nespresso coffee, especially Ristretto and Indrya
+ Good milk foamer, very convenient and easy to clean

- Expensive pods, over prized with price raises coming now and then
- Very little selection from Nespress on stronger and darker roasts.
- Becomes boring with a limited selection after a year or two (Had ours for almost 3)
- Tastes better when reversing so that coffee first and then milk (cannot be programmed in ONE button). Can any machine? Probably not..

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy in use and makes gorgeous latte, 25 Dec. 2009
I bought this coffee machine for my husband and he loves it! The latte comes out very tasty and it's great that you can adjust the quantity of milk and coffee in your latte/cappuccino. It deserves 5 grades!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Machine, 31 Jan. 2012
I got this machine for Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. The milk and the coffee were perfectly hot, and I don't think I could get a frothier milk from starbucks. Would def recommend this machine to anyone who wants a hassle free machine. Only TINY downside is it does take quite a long time (about 3-5 mins) to warm up and be ready to do a frothy drink, but it is totally worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply perfect, 24 Aug. 2012
Needless to say the delivery of the machine came on time, excellently packaged, no problems - thank you Amazon.

Having looked at numerous machines, the deal breaker for me was when I found that The Fat Duck used the same machine to serve up their coffees. If it's good enough for Heston and his customers, it's got to be good.

I've not been disappointed since. Every cup of coffee produced by the machine has been simply perfect. Whip out a capsule (still don't have a favourite), plug it in, press espresso, and 20 seconds later, a perfect cup of espresso at the right temperature with a good layer of crema is ready to be enjoyed.

Same with cappuccinos and lattes - all perfect and ready within seconds.

I can't recommend this Nespresso machine enough.