on 1 January 2014
Bought my 11 year old this for Christmas. Had a quick look in the box when it turned up and was pretty surprised to see how few items were contained within the large box.
We had a go at some of the experiments on Boxing Day and were both pretty disappointed with what there was. A few fizzes, a few changes of colour, one interesting use of gas to put out a flame (for £25 couldn't a CANDLE have been included??!) and that was about it.
We picked it up again a few days later and just messed about really as my very curious minded boy needed a bit more to entertain/educate him.
Overall, too few chemicals, too basic experiments and a disappointment.
on 6 November 2014
This is not a chemistry set of the sort I remember. There are just 6 compounds enclosed. If you buy this for your child be prepared to do some shopping because in every case other items are needed to to complete the experiments. Deliniated alcohol, nightlight candles, 9 volt batteries and other things are not regular household items. The experiments themselves are rather lame and seem to revolve around changing colours in a testube using the old litmus powder.
on 23 January 2014
my grandson was thrilled with this and it has given him hours of fun, I'm hoping it will make him a great scientist.
on 9 July 2014
Daughter loves this and enables her to have a little insight into Chemestry and to get her imagination flowing.
on 19 January 2013
This chemistry set was excellent for my 8 year old grandson. He found the experiments interesting and easy to follow.
on 7 November 2014
Grandson loved it
on 27 September 2014
Bought this as a present for my 8 year old niece. Big hit!!
on 15 October 2015