4.0 out of 5 stars Good for catching solids...
The nappy is a good fit for my young baby, thanks to firm but gentle leg elastic (might not be tight enough if your little one has skinny thighs)and additional adjustable draw string waist. The nappy would catch solid messes, but it only filters liquids. After dressing my daughter ready to swim, she promptly pee'd, soaking her towel before even getting into the pool!
Published on 5 Jun 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly roomy
I bought the size appropriate for my childs' weight and they only just cover her bottom. I think that this is probably because she is quite chunky. Apart from that the fabric is nice and soft and the pattern is pretty.
Published 14 months ago by Sarah Sowerby

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for catching solids..., 5 Jun 2008
This review is from: Bambino Mio Swim Nappy, Pink Spot, Size: Small (Manufacturer Size: 5-7kgs, 11-16lbs) (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Swimming Classes, 23 May 2012
My 19 mos old daughter has been in swimming classes since she is 6 mos old. I did my research before taking her the first time and decided to get a reusable swim nappy rather than the disposable ones. This is the second one I buy because the old one was a tad too tight on her by now. It does the job, keeps poop out of the water, obviously do not expect to be waterproof, the pee does get out. The disposables ones do allow liquid to get out also and the worst part is that they swell and get heavy. We had only one "accident", she pooping while on the pool, and I didn't even realize until we got to the showers. It hold up well. Good purchase and certainly a money saver.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's nothing pants about these!, 6 Aug 2013
I am a reusable nappy devotee but for some reason had not got around to purchasing a swim version. It's true that the conventional disposable swim nappies aren't quite as bad for the environment as everyday ones as they don't contain the never-ever-degradable nasties that swell up (not so useful in water!) - so perhaps this is why I had got to 12 months with my baby having still not bought a reusable one. Nevertheless they've always seemed very wasteful and expensive to me so when I saw this one on sale - it ticked all the boxes.

It's a fun design. The waist cord is brilliant for adjusting the fit. The leg elastic is very accommodating and secure. My baby is actually smaller that the weight advertised but I bought this one as it was reduced in price and I thought if it was too big I could always save it for later and buy a medium one too - but the waist cord meant that I could just tighten this one up so it fits just right. The inside towelling material is soft and of course cotton is much nicer on the skin that the chemical horrors of disposable nappies.

These nappies, like all swim nappies - disposable AND reusable - just keep solid waste safe from the water. Nothing will keep the wee in - so don't be surprised by this! People often assume swim nappies work like disposable everyday nappies but they don't - they'd weigh baby down in the water if they soaked up moisture! There is no need to wear anything else with this nappy. You don't need disposable swimmers underneath OR shorts or neoprene pants over the top.

Once you've bought this, that's it. No more spending 4-6 a pack on the throw-away ones each time! My only question is why on earth didn't I buy one before!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 17 Dec 2012
After spending ages researching swimming nappies, I opted for these. I'm glad I did. They are not too tight, which was my first concern because I have a large 18 month old. They don't absorb wee, but neither do swimming nappies. They held other accidents though, even when my little one had a dodgy tummy. They don't stain, and wash and dry easily. Maybe a nappy liner or dried out baby wipe would make life easier, but I don't mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Cute!, 20 Nov 2011
Bought a few pairs of these for my daughter's first holiday and they look so cute. I used these with the splash about nappy system so she was well protected against accidents so I couldn't say how effective they are on their own if baby does a poo. They are not designed to keep in wee so you do need to take them off once out of the pool but to be honest you wouldn't want your little one sat in cold wet swimmers anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 19 May 2014
I love these reusable swim nappies and my son loves the fun designs. They are snug around the thigh and tummy so no leaks so far :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly roomy, 9 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great swim nappy, 5 Mar 2013
Mrs. L. K. Francis (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
bought for my little boy. Good fit around the legs and has elasticated waist and drawstring for extra security. Hate the idea of wasting money on expensive disposable swim nappies with swimming shorts on top. You have to wash the shorts anyway and this way you are not wasting a disposable. Cost the same a as a pack of disposables, lasts forever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pattern, 27 Dec 2012
Ok pants but a little bit thin fabric. Would be better if the had draw strings around the legs as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambino Mio Swim Nappy, 23 Nov 2012
I bought this for my 16 month old sons first holiday abroad.

I bought as I didn't want to spend a fortune of disposable swim nappies and so I didn't have to pack lots of nappies.

Well.......... can't complain, my wee one seemed happy to wear it, the inside has a towelling inside and the outer had a cute design. I didn't even open the disposable swim nappies.

Would definately buy these again.