Size: 12x60g|Change

on 13 April 2010
Tasty bar - has helped me lose a stone in 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have had to go without chocolate.. Very filling. I highly recommend - especially for chocoholics dieting.
on 19 July 2012
There are 2 version of these bars (and the same for cyclone version). One of which comes in a matte grey/silver wrapper with a foil inner and tastes great. I'd give it 5 stars.

The other comes in a shiny grey/silver wrapper without a foil inner and tastes foul. I'd give it one star. (the cyclone version like this is pretty much inedible, the promax meal is slighly more edible but nowhere near as nice as the foil wrapped version)

I've had 2 boxes (one of each kind, both through amazon) and I will probably never buy another box, the chance that I'll get the wrong second version is just not worth it.

Maximuscle need to recall the nasty versions of the bars before they lose all their customers, i for one wot be buying any more of their bars. I've been stung twice, first on their cyclone bars and now these, I'm going to stick to another more consistant brand in future.
on 3 May 2014
I've been buying these bars for over a year now, and they do work. I only had one after or before a workout.
But when I started buying them they were less than £1 a bar for a box of 12. now they're £18.50!!

They do have a nice taste compared with other protein bars however they don't taste any nicer than they did a year ago and they are still 60g bars. The increase in price is ridiculous and I now have stopped buying them due to it. If they really want to help people get fit and healthy then why increase the price by 50%? unjustifiable in my eyes.

If you look at the excellent reviews for this item you will see they're all prior 2014, when it was still a decent price.
on 26 December 2009
This will be a fairly short review, as these bars are simply Five Star! They are by far the best tasting, and I feel best performance recovery bars on the market - by far. I had been taking Maximuscle's other excellent Diet Bars until I decided to switch to these bars to avoid the very high caffeine content of the Diet Bars. And I am so glad I did. These Meal Bars are the same in calories and pack in slightly more protein, plus without the caffeine, they can be taken at any time of day or night; perfect after a late evening workout session. Above this, they taste great, have a firm, chewy texture, and have no (for me) after or side effects. Even if on a weight loss programme, these Meal Bars are highly recommended over the Diet Bars, and I am very glad I switched. Well done Maximuscle.
on 30 April 2015
The only complain I have is that the taste is horrible which puts me off from having it. I have to get through the remaining 11 cannot wait.
on 4 December 2015
This item is used when i go to the gym and it tastes ok

It comes in a matte grey/silver wrapper with a foil inner and tastes ok.

Since i have tasted other ones like Bounce, i would give this one 3 star.

Whilst being compact nutrition, the taste is ok ok.

The item was on a lighting deal so i thought i try it, however every time i had it, i felt nausea and sick.

I therefore stopped using their product.
on 11 May 2013
I have had a lot of supplements over the years. Protein shakes: Too much effort!, Protein Bars: Too expensive, Buying lots of protein in food: Too expensive. However, these are not like most supplements. The taste is an acquired one admittedly, but I found it enjoyable. The best thing is the price! Great value for excellent nutrition. Just wish there was a variety of flavours, as 24 of them can get boring. That said, I will buy again!
on 23 November 2015
I got tired of drinking the same watery/milky mess each day, so for a change they are fantastic.

They taste acceptable, but do be prepared to eat each bar over half an hour. They are Chewy!!

A good mouthful and you will be going at it like bubblegum.

The protein content is high enough to be worth it, and far easier to use at work than the liquid.

Well worth the effort/taste.
on 28 January 2016
I have tried a few different flavours from MaxiNutrition and I must say this is by far my favourite.

The 21g bars are just the right size as it does become sickly after a while due to the dense texture of the bar. With roughly 9g of protein per bar it acts as a good filler between meals and workouts to aid with the recovery process.

Good taste, good product.
on 19 February 2015
These have made a big difference for me in two ways. The first obvious one being after the gym and allowing me to recover quicker form the work out. But I have also started using them before 11 a side football matches and at half time (small bite) and have found that it has made me stronger towards the end of games. It also then aids recovery. WOuld strongly recommend these.