5.0 out of 5 stars Promax meal bar
Tasty bar - has helped me lose a stone in 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have had to go without chocolate.. Very filling. I highly recommend - especially for chocoholics dieting.
Published on 13 April 2010 by Pamela Knight-jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good for the Price
I've been buying these bars for over a year now, and they do work. I only had one after or before a workout.
But when I started buying them they were less than £1 a bar for a box of 12. now they're £18.50!!

Published 10 months ago by David

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good for the Price, 3 May 2014
David (St Helens, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MaxiNutrition Promax Recover and Rebuild Bars - Chocolate, 60 g, Box of 12 (Personal Care)

They do have a nice taste compared with other protein bars however they don't taste any nicer than they did a year ago and they are still 60g bars. The increase in price is ridiculous and I now have stopped buying them due to it. If they really want to help people get fit and healthy then why increase the price by 50%? unjustifiable in my eyes.

If you look at the excellent reviews for this item you will see they're all prior 2014, when it was still a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Promax meal bar, 13 April 2010
Pamela Knight-jones (the midlands uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bars around, + great seller...., 24 May 2012
with a normal protein bar your looking at a high fat content and way to much sugar! this one is nutritionally balanced and if eaten pre or post workout +1,-1 hour before or after it will help you maintain lean weight whilst cutting down for the beach e.c.t. great taste, almost too good as i always want to go back for a second. chocolate orange is just about strong enough to cover the nasty protein taste...

highly recommend this seller too very good price as you would be paying £26+ in holland and barret.

great price and fantastic delivery time even on the 3-5 day delivery they come quick.

good luck with your fitness goals and thankyou for such a reasonably priced product seller.

Matthew

5.0 out of 5 stars Good source of protein whilst training, 18 Jan. 2011
P W. Thompson "Radiusone" (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
I would like to start off by saying that I don't rate most of the products Maximuscle produce as they tend to be very expensive and there are alternative brands that, in my opinion, work better for less. I do use Maximuscle Thermobol and Progain Extreme which are good products if you shop around for a competitive price.

I must admit that when it comes to the Progain Meal bars Maximuscle have created a superb product. I have been unable to find an alternate which offers as good a balance of protein, carbohydrates, fat and fibre without the calories - all of which are important to me in my training. I find the Lucozade Muscle bars are too large and have too many calories and the Promax Diet bars have too much caffeine when used in conjuction with Thermobol.

These are by no means an all in one solution and should be used in conjuction with a protein shake that you like and a good diet and training program. They are ideal in situations where knocking up a shake may not be possible, on the way home from the gym perhaps or if like me you sometimes snack between meals. They don't taste as good as a regular chocolate bar but are more than palatable.

At the time of writing this review this product was available with the Amazon Subscribe and Save, so you should use this facility if you're thinking about purchasing and save some money. You can cancel the subscription at anytime free of charge in your account settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant chocolate substitute!, 29 Jun. 2014
M. Humphris (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
Not sure if these have some form of addictive ingredient in, but these are great!! I sometimes have two a day, my reasoning is that they are better for me that a mars bar!! But generally, I use these to stave off hunger or to fill up between meals if I can't get anything else. They do taste really good, not powdery or chalky. They are pricey, and I have found them cheaper elsewhere but with amazon, I can subscribe and save or have delivery next day with prime - if they're in stock!! I find they are so popular that they go in and out of stock regularly. I tried the other flavours and didn't like them as much as the orange, so stock up when you can :)
In terms of nutrition, these are higher in fibre than other brands of bar, and the sugar content tends to be lower. They pack a large amount of protein for a small bar as well, so all in all they are more balanced than others, but you can't beat a natural source of protein, but on the whole these are great little bars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe protein bars taste this nice. For anyone looking at the other promax bars, 24 Sept. 2014
Deliciously nutritional. Can't believe protein bars taste this nice. For anyone looking at the other promax bars. From my experience with these being so good I also decided to try the blue strength/power bars. If there's any advice I can give I'd say don't bother. These are the best tasting by far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 23 April 2013
The first time I tried one of these bars, I found them rather chewy and ever so slightly strange. Not bad strange, it just isn't the sort of texture you would typically be used to however, it barely took me the one bar to adjust. And then I ordered a whole box.

- They taste good. I've tried both the dark chocolate and chocolate orange and I liked them both. I'm not even a fan of dark chocolate either.
- They stop me being hungry and are convenient! They have saved me on countless occasions when I've been caught without a decent food source.
- Low carb (16.4g), high protein (21.6g) and the fat at 6.1g isn't bad either.

I don't eat these bars every day, but it's not a set back in my diet plan when I do. It is a far better alternative to chowing down on a greasy meal because it's convenient and I don't have anything else.

Overall - I say buy em'

4.0 out of 5 stars Significantly cheaper than purchasing at the gym, 12 Feb. 2015
I bought these bars because I was trying to cut out high sugar, low protein snacks. I was fairly hesitant and I couldn't imagine they would taste particularly nice. I was pleasantly surprised, however. I got the chocolate bars and I found them to be a fairly tasty, easy to carry, high-protein snack. With these I managed to completely cut out all those terrible snacks (Haribo etc) that I used to munch on as a treat. I bought these at around £1 per bar on Amazon, which is significantly cheaper than buying individual bars at machines at the gym. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that the texture takes a little getting used to; they're quite tough and heavy. After initially being unsure, I really warmed to them and find them delicious now.

I'd highly recommend these for anyone who wants to carry around easy-to-consume, tasty, high protein snacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty and very filling!, 21 Jun. 2011
I first bought a couple of these bars in a local health store to see if they tasted alright.
As I was very pleased with them, I ordered up my first box of 12 here on Amazon and have since then subscribed to having them automatically delivered every month.

If you find them too tough on the chewing, then try and place them somewhere warm for a few minutes (even your pocket will do the job in most cases) and it becomes a whole different bar!

They're proper tasty and a great bar to take when you're on the go - at least its a much better alternative to the Mars/Snickers bars when you're stuck!

If you fancy something different, I'd recommend the Maximuscle Flapjack bars Maximuscle Progain 90 g Cranberry and Blueberry High Protein Flapjack Bars - Box of 12 They'll hit the spot every time too! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bar so far..., 19 Oct. 2010
Brett Jordan (UK) - See all my reviews
Most protein bars taste synthetic, and have the consistency of plasticene... these bars have a half-way decent chocolate taste, and are just the right side of chewy to be satisfying. There is still a 'plasicky' aftertaste, but they make an excellent and satisfying high-protein, low calorie, low-gi snack.