5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bars around, + great seller....
Published on 24 May 2012 by matthew

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon S&S rip off
Thus review is about Amazon's unacceptable tricks.
The product itself is great and deserve five stars but can be bought cheaper elsewhere.
Ordered on Subscribe & Save at just under 12 per box while in stock. Comes to the date of my monthly delivery items is out of stock. Received couple of email to notify that they will try to fulfil this month's delivery...
Published 3 months ago by Eve

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bars around, + great seller...., 24 May 2012
with a normal protein bar your looking at a high fat content and way to much sugar! this one is nutritionally balanced and if eaten pre or post workout +1,-1 hour before or after it will help you maintain lean weight whilst cutting down for the beach e.c.t. great taste, almost too good as i always want to go back for a second. chocolate orange is just about strong enough to cover the nasty protein taste...

highly recommend this seller too very good price as you would be paying 26+ in holland and barret.

great price and fantastic delivery time even on the 3-5 day delivery they come quick.

good luck with your fitness goals and thankyou for such a reasonably priced product seller.

Matthew

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Flavor, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Maximuscle Promax Meal Bar (Misc.)
I know there are a variety of Naximuscle promax bars out there...plenty of flavors etc. The chocolate happens to be my favorite. Not only is it tasty, but there's so much protein I eat one of these bars for breakfast every day. At first I still had mild hunger, but once you get into the routine, the hunger goes away- they're very filling for being as small as they are. They're not stuffed with a bunch of additives which is nice as well. My husband uses them for the gym but I just use them as part of my daily diet.

I've been able to lose a few pounds myself on just the MMPM bar regimen. I've since started taking other supplements (raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract) to push myself into better weight loss- Svetol GCBE (2 Bottles) + FREE Raspberry 50 Grams. Between the MMPM bars and those two, I have been able to drop 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. My hunger levels are way down- 1 MMPM at breakfast AND lunch keeps me solid until dinner, and my energy levels are higher too! Since I just started I'm hoping these results continue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, much delicious, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: MaxiNutrition Promax 60 g Chocolate Recover and Rebuild Bars - Box of 12 (Formally Known as Maximuscle) (Personal Care)
I can't stop eating these. They must be laced with cocaine and other addictive substances, because I just about finished the box in three days. Oh my lawd, one of the most delicious chocolate bars (not even protein, just regular bars) I have ever eaten. I can only speak for the dark chocolate flavour (which doesn't taste dark at all, tastes like regular chocolate) but maximuscle despite their general ineptitude and usually terrible products really hit this one out of the park. Just looking at the picture is making me salivate. Also the 13 price is absolutely ridiculous and I'm about to order 5 more boxes. Only downside is you'll never get to eat one as a post workout meal because you'll have stuffed them all down your gob already. I can confirm, a true 5 star purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Promax meal bar, 13 April 2010
Pamela Knight-jones (the midlands uk) - See all my reviews
Tasty bar - has helped me lose a stone in 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have had to go without chocolate.. Very filling. I highly recommend - especially for chocoholics dieting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon S&S rip off, 29 May 2014
Thus review is about Amazon's unacceptable tricks.
Dispatched without any notification of hiking up the price to almost double without giving the option to cancel.
Expect better than that especially as I am aware of the fact that prices can changed however this was showing at the lower price all the time even when out of stock and only when dispatched had the price doubled!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good for the Price, 3 May 2014
David (St Helens, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been buying these bars for over a year now, and they do work. I only had one after or before a workout.
But when I started buying them they were less than 1 a bar for a box of 12. now they're 18.50!!

They do have a nice taste compared with other protein bars however they don't taste any nicer than they did a year ago and they are still 60g bars. The increase in price is ridiculous and I now have stopped buying them due to it. If they really want to help people get fit and healthy then why increase the price by 50%? unjustifiable in my eyes.

If you look at the excellent reviews for this item you will see they're all prior 2014, when it was still a decent price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Taste but 2 Expensive Now!!!, 1 Jun 2014
Started buying these about 2 months ago and I was more than pleased, one because I honestly think they're the best tasting protein bars around and two because of the price, when I started buying these were around 13 pounds. Now in the space of 2 months this product has nearly doubled in price for some reason so I will not be buying anymore. Disappointed because they're a very nice product.

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer suitable for vegetarians, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Maximuscle Promax Meal Bar (Misc.)
The last boxes I had delivered from Amazon on my subscribe and save order for both the Promax meal bar and the Promax diet bar contained hydrolised collegan. This is made from the bones, skin, and connective tissue of animals such as cattle, fish, horses, pigs, and rabbits. So unfortunately these bars are no longer suitable for vegetarians. I wish amazon had a way of allerting customers to changes in product's ingredients. It would also help if they put the ingredients list on the products page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 31 Aug 2009
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Per Bar: 206 calories, 21.6g protein, 5.7g fat, 17g carbs, 5.7g fibre

I bought these in both the Chocolate an the Chocolate Orange flavours. Both are equally good although at first I only liked the Chocolate flavour. The Chocolate Orange flavour reminds me of the orange flavoured chocolate you get in the new Terry's Black Magic chocolate box and not so much of bars of Terry's Chocolate Orange (incase this is what you're expecting!) If you only want to order one flavour, go for the chocolate (it's the safe bet!)

The bars are really satisfying and are good to have on the go. I have a real sweet tooth and often just eat half a bar as a snack when I get a chocolate craving. They are really chocolatey, with a satisfying chewy texture and the bar feels genuinely substantial to consume. They do control hunger aswell. No complaints whatsoever - a great way to get your protein and an excellent chocolate substitue if you're dieting! Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good product but expensive, 16 Aug 2011
This product is great for meeting your daily protein and calorie budget. Its handy and easy when your busy or just dont have time for a meal.

For what it is, its quite expensive. Like all maximuscle products it is at an inflated price because people buy-in to the idea that maximuscle products are the best. They are simply as good as the other brands, not better.

Shop around. Dont be ripped off by maximuscle and their super PR machine