5.0 out of 5 stars An essential supplement for bodybuilders and athletes
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I had read from a number of reliable sources that taking Glutamine had numerous benefits and I wanted to experience them for myself. I purchased the USN brand because it is a very popular brand.

Benefits of Glutamine:
- Increases growth hormone levels by 400%
- Boosts the immune system...
Published 3 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good value for the money.
Published 1 month ago by MR H.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential supplement for bodybuilders and athletes, 3 Sep 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: USN L-Glutamine Muscle Strength and Recovery Powder, 625 g (Personal Care)
Reason for buying:

Benefits of Glutamine:
- Increases growth hormone levels by 400%
- Boosts the immune system
- Maintains muscle cell volume
- Increases muscle protein synthesis
- Prevents muscles from being broken down
- Speeds up wound healing and recovery (muscle soreness)

Mixing and Taste:
When I first tried the product by mixing 5g (tea spoon) with a glass full of water I found that it mixed reasonably well and tasted relatively sweet and there was a lot of it left inside the glass. I then found that mixing it with my protein shake completely dissolved it and there was none left inside the glass.

Results:
After taking 1 tea spoon (5g), 3 times a day with my protein shake I found that it made a positive difference to my muscle growth, strength and muscle fatigue during workouts. I also find that I have less illnesses (sore throats, colds, coughs etc) during the flu season (October to April) and generally feel better within myself.

This was my dosage and timing: (1 tea soon = 5g)

Training days:
Immediately upon waking up (5g)
30-45 mins pre workout (5g)
Immediately after workout (5g)
60 mins before going to bed (5g)

Non Training days:
Immediately upon waking up (5g)
Lunchtime (5g)
60 mins before going to bed (5g)

Who should be taking them:
Although these supplements are designed for body builders, they can also be taken by individuals who do any fitness activities and can also be taken by individuals who do not exercise. These would be particularly useful for burns patients as it is more likely to speed up the healing process.

Glutamine in protein powders:
Although you will find that most protein powders and meat sources contain glutamine, it's not in free form and you have to wait for your body to digest it and absorb it before it reaches your muscles. This Glutamine is in free form which means that it does not need to be broken down and can be absorbed very quickly into your muscles. Controlled studies have also shown that taking Whey with 5g of Glutamine increases muscle mass and strength a lot more than just taking Whey without extra Glutamine.

Side effects:
Although every supplement has the potential to cause undesired side effects, I did not experience any whilst taking the product and will update this review in the event that any side affects do occur over time.

Value:
At £27.95 for 625g (£4.47/100g) on 04/09/2014 I believe that this product offers good value for money and it's a shame that it is not available in a 1kg size which would then enable USN to offer a bulk order discount. I have also tried several other brands such as Phd Nutrition, Optimum Nutrition and Muscleform and found them equally effective. I now go for whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict:
An essential supplement for athletes and non athletes.

Disclaimer: I would recommended discussing taking this with your Doctor before buying it, especially if you are unwell or are taking any medication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, 14 Mar 2013
This product give me the strength...and it repairs my muscle every time I train hard...I am going to order some more

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 24 July 2013
This is a good product, delivered quickly with no problems, easy to take in water. Doesn't have much of a taste to it. Was recommended to assist immune system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Jun 2013
I love it. It keeps my energy level best and helps me to lift more weight,growth of the muscle boosts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 Mar 2013
I train hard doing Crossfit workouts and taking this along with my other products has made such a difference when it comes to post workout DOMS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 8 April 2014
I like that , that's exactly what i was looking for , Thank you very much , have a nice time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product lived up to my expectations ., 8 Jan 2014
I was so pleased with product. I suffered from a great deal of cramp since taking this product I have never had a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE, 9 Nov 2013
THIS IS A GOOD QUAITY GLUTAMINE PRODUCT AND SOLD AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE WILL PURCHASE AGAIN. IT HELPS CONTROL MY COLITIS ILLNESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the item is, 10 Aug 2013
i stack my sups so its hard to say if this has helped me gain ect but i got what i ordered and is drinkable with water so i have to leave a positive review :)

4.0 out of 5 stars good!, 27 Jun 2013
good product, i was recommended to take it to boost immune system/repair.
easy to take, hardly a taste to it, all good so far.