5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Addictive

Published on 11 Aug 2008 by LVX Anubis

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Addictive, 16 April 2008
T. Williams "shadow_valkyrie" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock - Guitar Bundle (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this game for my partner's birthday as he had been wanting it for a while. We had never played any of the previous guitar hero games so werenot totally sure what to expect. We were definately pleasantly surprised as it is great fun. The wireless guitar is definately a plus, the songs on there are great. The guitar battles are great fun especially when you are actually playing against someone in the co-op mode.

Well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless!, 15 Jan 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When the Guitar Hero games first came out I looked and thought, Nah not for me, not my thing. I ended up, after a few beers playing GH2 at a mates over the New Year and was immediately hooked. I took delivery of GH3 yesterday and well I've come to work very tired this morning as I was playing it all night. The gameplay is superb and the tracks rock. Excellent fun and well worth the price. BUY IT NOW, believe me. I can't wait to finish work and get home...

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Hero III - Legends Of Rock, 2 Feb 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is coming from a person who only played Guitar Hero I, but after picking up a copy of GHIII, I was suprised. Straight of the bat, the wireless guitar makes a lot of difference, being lighter, easier to move around, and the weight sensor is more responsive so you only have to tilt the guitar around 25 degrees (although this may be an annoyance to some).

The visuals on the game are great as far as I am concerned. A couple of mates have had a whine at the lack of variety of audience members, but that's a unnecessary part of the game and I think that it's fine how it is.

A lot of VERY good tracks on this game (personal preference aside). I picked this game up and started playing on Expert straight off the bat, and the fretting relates well to the songs, although there are a couple of times where you will get annoyed (especially on Expert) with some particular songs. For me, I was stuck for a while on 'Before I Forget', 'Cult of Personality', and worst of all 'Raining Blood'... Practice mode is a fine addition which allows you to fine tune particular areas of each song at various speeds. But I still hate 'Raining Blood'. :P

Some maybe annoyed that the co-op mode is only available in career, but it's not a major problem for me. A fantastic game overall. It just depends if you're willing to pay the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun. Almost 5 stars..., 15 Sep 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Bought a week ago and am really enjoying this. I've played Rock Band but none of the Guitar Hero series before.

There are some real advantages over Rock Band.

The controller generally feels better. The strummer has a positive click action, which is a little annoying noise-wise but I find better for playing. Also it's wireless. Yay! No more stupid trailing leads.

It has a slick, fast menuing system and has a real polished feel to the whole game.

It is a fair price, unlike when Rock Band was released. Maybe that's coming down now though.

However. It's more game-like than Rock Band. Yes, I know they are both games, and great fun too, but Rock Band has a more realistic "I'm playing in a band" feel compared to Guitar Hero's "I'm playing in a game".

Also Guitar Hero 3 is slightly more difficult than Rock Band; there's no-one to bail you out if you mess up, and I found the fretting harder to get into than Rock Band. That seems to fall into line with some reviews.

It's close to 5 stars, and I'm extra happy since I'll be able to use the controller on Rock Band nights round my mate's house too!

2.0 out of 5 stars Guitar faulty, 11 Aug 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Guitar Hero 3 is a brilliant game. Not as good as Rock Band but a great game. Beware though there is a major design fault with the guitar. After a while the two piece guitar will become loose. You'll notice when you keep missing notes that you know you're hitting perfect. Wiggle the neck and you'll start hitting them again. You can find help on the net to fix the problem, mainly by taking the neck of the guitar apart. I found a piece of cardboard jammed in the the neck also works. Everyone I know has this problem. It becomes more noticable when you go from medium to hard. From what I can tell the wii version doesn't have this problem due to the guitar being one piece.
Such a shame an awesome game is spoiled by the designers trying to be clever with a two piece guitar :(

5.0 out of 5 stars This Game ROCKS, 29 Dec 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game is fantastic its the best guitar hero and is fun and full of fantastic tracks

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware..., 29 Sep 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My kids have thoroughly enjoyed this game - all it's billed to be BUT beware. As noted by other reviewers there is a design fault with the guitar. We bought the game in March from Amazon and after the guitar stopped working properly and a lot of ringing round we eventually were directed to Activision whose response is...buy a new one. The guarantee is only 90 days - is this mentioned anywhere when you pay 65 for the game? This is a known fault so why are the manufacturers not playing fair and replacing the faulty items??

Enjoy the game but you have been warned!

A quick update and a thank you to Amazon for once again superb customer service. Copied my complaint to them and they have agreed to replace the faulty game - can't say fairer than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only had it a few days - totally addicted!, 19 Sep 2008
Ash (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I know the new version is coming out soon, but after playing this at a friend's house I couldn't wait til November! Its awesome fun! You really feel like a rock god when you're jamming along to a song you know and love (see - Bulls On Parade). I'm rubbish, I flounder on anything above easy, but I can definitely see myself improving already. Having played Rock Band as well, I would recommend Guitar Hero over that, unless you have a group of buddies round regularly and neighbours who don't mind the racket! I live in a one bed flat with my girlfriend, so I wear my headphones and rock out! Another distinction worth making is that the guitar for this is wireless and feels great, whereas the Rock Band guitar is wired and feels clunky and unresponsive.

Get it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Erm, Rock On I Suppose., 5 Aug 2008
M. Marks (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What can you say about this game? Initially i bought this for parties i occationally throw, however i now rank it alongside COD4 as my most played game!

When i first started out i was pretty poor. Well, very poor. I started out on the easy setting and after owning it for about 4 months now i'm 'shredding' on expert! The feeling of nailing a tough solo is satisfying to say the least and as you find yourself getting better at the game you find it more enjoyable. Needless to say that whenever i throw a party everybody is asking where the Xbox is for Guitar Hero 3.

Some complain about the tracklist, I dont. I find the songs worthy and enjoyable with a couple of challenges in the mix, for instance a certain song by Dragonforce has me hooked on expert! I really cannot do the game justice by simply reviewing it. All i would say is that i have convinced a few of my friends to buy the game who initially didnt want it and they all love it!

I would say it is incredibly unlikely you wont like the game if you are a fan of music and rock. At under 50 quid now there is no excuse, buy it and immerse yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Just....SO FUN!, 19 July 2008
D. Reynolds (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I think the Guitar Hero series is one of my favourite series of games around, contending with Call of Duty and GTA.

There's no story to it really nor are the graphics really anything special - but then they don't need to be. But the track list and game itself is something special. I've heard people moan about Guitar Hero, saying why bother wasting time on that when you could play a real guitar? Or things related to that. But to be honest, that's what games are. They're pointless skills. Same with Guitar Hero.

However, I remember playing this for the first time back in February where I was failing on Easy on my first tries but at the same time, I loved it. A couple of weeks later I spent the 75 (at the time) on the game and think it has been one of my best purchases since the Xbox 360. Now i'm almost complete on Expert with 'Raining Blood' left to do.

The track list is fantastic. Some songs I had never heard of on there have become some of my favourites like 'Through the Fire and Flames' and 'Cherub Rock'. Getting 5* on a song at your difficulty level is somewhat satisfying, as well as getting 200k on Cult of Personality with Star Power. There are things in this game which do make me feel quite happy with yourself.

Then the game is just perfect for some social occasions. I've had friends round on several occasions and Guitar Hero would be on all night. It's a good way to bring everyone together with a nice bit of healthy competition.

I think there is a two word phrase to describe Guitar Hero - Addictive fun. That's what it is. It's sooooo addictive. The amount of times i've gone 'just one more song'. And at the same time, it's incredibly fun. I love this game so much i've hit over the 100million mark on total score. It's just that fun and addictive.

Yes, 65 is a lot for a game but I would seriously recommend it. It's a great purchase :)

Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock - Guitar Bundle (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: 44.95