5.0 out of 5 stars York C202
Excellent cycling machine. Comes with easy step by step instructions and It will take 20 - 30 mins to assemble and can easily be done by one person.
The computer has bright crisp colours with large clear digits displaying time, rpm, distance, km/h and heart rate.
You can adjust the seat height and the handle bars and also the seat can be adjusted to slide...
Published on 1 Nov 2008 by Craig

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you're under 5'5"
I spent an hour putting this bike together - climbed on and could not reach the pedals. At five foot two and a (very important) half inches and with thick soled trainers on I can only just make the pedals go round = by squirming my bum off each side of the seat and pointing my toes. I would not recommend this bike for anyone under 5'5" - aned even then I would think...
Published on 25 Mar 2010 by R. Hillman

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars York C202 Cycle dissapointing, 8 April 2009
Crag "Crg" (New Forest, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
Easy to assemble, felt sturdy in use, but the handlebar heart-monitor did not work which is an essential part of most programmes. It was constantly active even when not in use. One minor point was the flywheel is pretty lightweight, if you are at all used to using gym equipment. However was dissapointing to have to take apart and attempt to get back into the very compact box. Amazon returns service was excellent and money refunded no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke down, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
Had the bike for 15 months (so not long out of warranty) and then it came up with an error on the screen (E-2), stuck on the loosest setting for peddling and wouldn't change. Contacted company, they said it'd cost £96 to send out engineer, and if he didn't have the required part with him, would have to pay another £96 for him to come back with the part on another visit. I explained this cost more than the bike itself and i might as well buy a new one, so they offered me a bit of discount on a new one from them. If their equipment only lasts 15 months i don't want to buy another one from them. Plus pulse monitor only worked for the first few times i used it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for money, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
I decided to get an exercise bike as have been cycling more this summer and have become increasingly fed up with having to deal with traffic and as i live on the coast it gets fairly windy too which often means i cant get out on my bike as often as i'd like to (thats been my excuse anyway lol).

After doing a lot of searching and reading review after review, i decided on the York C202, which i've now had for two days.

The first thing that struck me about this bike is its size - its so compact and easily fits into my bedroom without being imposing or in the way at all.

I'd read positive things about the time it takes to put the bike together, but must admit i was sceptical about the 20-30mins which seemed to be the average across the reviews (mainly due to the fact i am no DIY expert). It took me about 45mins to put it together which surprised me as i thought i would take much longer. I would have been quicker if i hadn't been double checking & rechecking everything i did, so would say the for most people 30mins is a fair estimate.

I did get caught out searching for the screws that go into the back of the console and the ones to fit the saddle bracket together - to find that they were already in place (much to my relief). The only problem with which is that you need to unscrew the saddle bracket to put the towel holder on, which i just haven't bothered with, as i find it easier to hang a towel over the handle bars anyway.

I have no faults at all with the way the bike works and the programs which are available. The range of programs is quite extensive and some are extremely challenging, so im not going to be growing out of it fitness-wise anytime soon (if ever!). I especially like the fact you can choose a range of goals, be it distance, calories, time or heart rate, and you can also combine these, with the program finishing when you reach whichever one first.

This bike is near silent - someone could be sleeping in the next room & they wouldnt know you were using it. This also makes it great for watching tv/film or listening to music as you exercise.

I had read a couple of comments from people who are sceptical as to the accuracy of the calorie counter. I personally have found mine to be accurate based on other bikes i have used in the past. At a fast pace i can usually do aprox 100 cals in 10 mins, and around 500 cals in an hour at a steadier pace - which seems to be the case for this bike too.

The only real bug bear i have with the bike is the seat which i just think is a bit too big. It makes my bum go numb after about 15mins and i then have to keep adjusting my position slightly to get comfortable. If it was nearer to a normal bike saddle in size then i dont think this would be as much of an issue.

All in all though, i think this is a great bike, especially for the money paid and would highly recommend it to anyone, including novice exercisers. It's well built and the range of challenging programs mean it will last you a long time, or even indefinitely if you are just using it moderately to supplement a healthier lifestyle.

Big thumbs up from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars This bike is working for me....., 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
I spent quite a bit of time comparing reviews before settling on the 202 and so far, there are no problems. I'm 6ft tall and 'solidly built', but this bike seems quite capable of handling a fairly exerting (30mins a day) work out. I can see how a much shorter person might struggle, although my 13 year old daughter 5ft 2) re-sets the height and is able to use is with ease - now if I could just get her to put the height setting back when she's finished using it..... The seat is large but doesn't inhibit peddling and the 'chunky' pedal straps don't seem to be a problem at all. Not that bothered yet with the range of settings, which do look impressive, but just focusing on putting in a half hour each morning before the rest of the house stirs. Have learnt not to listen to the business on Radio 4 at that time though - it makes 30 mins seem like about 2 hours! Not at all noisy to use. By the way, have found that combining this with using a SAD lamp seems to be keeping the worst of my seasonal grumpiness at bay - we'll see what the winter brings! The main thing is, it's working for me, and it might do the same for you. I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for all levels a great all rounder!, 31 Dec 2009
SL (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
I bought this bike at the begining of November when the bad weather set in and I couldn't get to the gym. A friends husband put it together for me and all though he brought his own tool box he didn't need to use it, all the tools and fittings came with it and didn't take him long to assemble.

This is a great bike and would suit all levels of fitness. I must say though that I was quite surprised at how hard it was to do any of the programmes at first as I couldn't do any without puffing and panting and stopping for a rest and I was used to going to the gym for the previous 3 months for an hour and a half twice a day doing 45mins on the treadmill and 45mins on the bike and some days swimming 60 lengths aswell.

This is in a league of it's own compared to gym equipment!

It also has a pause button so you don't loose any of the information while doing your workout if you want to rest.

Along with other great features mentioned in previous reviews it has a fitness test button that you can press after your workout to see what level of fitness you are at. The first time I pressed it I was at level 6 which was 'very unfit' (6 being the highest it will go,) and level 1 being 'very fit', again complete surprise but that should tell you how much of a workout you will get from this bike compared to the ones in the gym.

You have up to 22 programmes to choose from but what I like about it is that as well as having an option to store and 'save' your workout programme you can sellect your workout manually. I started at doing just 3 bars at first and gradually went a bit higher untill I could do some of the programmes which are mostly random and have their peaks like the ones in the gym.

I am now at fitness level 1 and can do the programmes for an hour without stopping and have lost over a stone in weight.

Due to the bad weather I have frozen my gym memebership for up to 6 months and am very glad to have this bike. At first it was like when I had just started going to the gym 'hard work' but if you keep at it like anything elles you get used to it and it gets easier. I use it for an hour 3 times a day and wouldn't be without it.

There is just a little thing realy that niggles me though and that is if you workout to burn off callories, for example 500 every time you went on you will find that you will have to cycle longer each time to reach that target the same is with distance, you may find you're cycling longer to reach your distance target, given that it does say that the callorie and distance is not accurate, apart from that this bike realy does get you sweating and gives a great workout.

I bought mine from Dolphin Fitness it was much cheaper & it came next day with free delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bike, 30 Mar 2009
Flojo (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
This is a great exercise bike. Have always put off buying an exercise bike because they end up as a wardrobe, somewhere to hang your clothes, but this one gets you interested from when it leaves the box. Simple to put together. Lots of features and information, calories burned, distance travelled etc etc, lots of programmes for different fitness levels to keep the really keen challenged and for those who just want to sit and watch telly and ride along at their own pace well you can do that too. Easy to change set up to cater for people of different heights. Easy to move around the room. Has got all the family using it, a good investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars You'll need low profile trainers but expect a good workout, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
After a reasonably easy assembly I was worried when I found that the pedal foot strap were fouling on the pedal arm making it impossible to use. Both my son and I tried the bike out and had the same problem. After a bit of experimentation (and getting close to sending the bike back) we tried tightening the straps to our feet when just wearing socks. No problems with fouling.

It seems that the chunky running trainers we were wearing were just too bulky and you really need to wear much thinner shoes so you can pull the foot straps in to the second or third last hole.

Anyway- problem solved - and we are "enjoying" the weight loss profile (program 1).

I was a little worried about the height statements but I am only 5 ft 7' and had no problems. My daughter of 5'4 uses it easily too. And what a difference to have a good seat! The last bike cut me in two but I can exercise for 30 minutes no bother without a numb bum.

Only one complaint - c'mon York how about some instructions about the right program to choose depending on what you want to acheive. OK - weight loss is obvious but what is the difference bewteen the this and Fat Loss and when would I do the interval training ??

But in summary - really good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars York C202, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
I would have given the cycle 5 stars, but after just 5 days the bike stopped working. I hopped on to do my daily exercise and could not get the display to set. Instead it just kept saying 'E2'. I contacted the firm (York) and asked the lady who answered what this meant, I got a rather technical answer which sounded terminal, and she told me there was nothing I could do to repair it and that I had to return it back to AMAZON !
On the plus side, Amazon where excellent at sorting it all out.Did involve DSL to pick up the defective bike, and City Link to deliver the replacement which was with me in 3 days.I had to strip the bike down and try to get it back into the original box (not easy) so DSL would take it back to AMAZON. I have gone for the C202 again, in the hope this was a one off?! as I really do rate the bike and am happy to try again for that reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUY ....BUT, 1 Feb 2010
Michael Doyle (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
Got this cycle, it arrived well packed and was easy to assemble, with good instructions etc.

Having used it for 1 week (along with a little dieting)i have genuinely lost 4 lbs in weight, which i thought was great. The programme settings are fine and easy enough to understand, the motion is very silent so that was a big plus.

I found the seat a little large (suitable for big bums) and a tad uncomfortable when riding it. I am 5.8" tall and could only use the seat on the lowest setting, my partner is 4' 10" and finds it difficult to use because of that, however
you can drop the seat below the height chart, but you would have to drill a hole to
accept the screw bolt, which i imagine would not be good for the warranty etc, if you dont drill a hole , the seat will swivell about a little. Overall, good value for money, so far, and, would recommend it to my friends, bearing in mind my comments above....I will try and get a different seat and see if it improves.
Needs to be fairly close to a socket (about 1.5m), as it is powered model

4.0 out of 5 stars My new bike, 29 April 2011
J. POCOCK (Berks. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York C202 Cycle (Sports)
Promised myyself a new bike if I sold my old one which I got £10 for!. That paid for quick delivery. Fortunately a friend assembled it & I was alarmed by the height of it¬ However it was O K once i climbed on. The programs are excellent. I can read my book at the same time I am very pleased with it. I had better say I'm a widow of 78!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›