5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase
Was easy to set up and is very easy to use. Speed is a lot faster than it looks in writing. Great cardio workout from just 5 minutes on the top speed. Had some trouble getting it up the stairs, but that can be expected, its a big and heavy machine. Overall a great piece of kit. Would definitely recommend it.
Published on 28 May 2008 by Richie Rich

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible.. stay well away..
Published on 25 Dec 2008 by J. Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 28 May 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible.. stay well away.., 25 Dec 2008
J. Lamb - See all my reviews
This review is from: York T101 Treadmill (Sports)
I've now had the York Fitness T101 treadmill for about a year (from writing this review) and I'm really dissapointed. It was the first treadmill I had ever bought and not wanting to rush into getting something I might regret I made sure I researched them before buying. I had seen this one in the catalogue of a major highstreet store (no names mentioned, but the one where you take the catalogue number to the till and then wait for your number to be called) but went direct to York Fitness and eventually ordered it from them.

Fair play, it's easy to assemble and it looks like a well built and sturdy machine, but the problem with it is the running belt.

Firstly:

1. On a lot of the cheaper treadmills you have to oil the under-side of the mat so to keep the motor etc running smoothly (on the more expensive ones you don't need to do this, normally). Now that sounds easy enough, but this one is incredibly difficult to oil and I've grazed my arm many-a-time trying to do so.

2. From general use the running matt loosens up (this happened a couple of weeks into when I'd got it) and begins the slip. It's extremely dangerous as if you put a foot down and it slips you can easily fall.

Now all mats loosen up on any treadmill and you just tighten them back up, and I don't know whether its just me or whether it's a problem in the design, but when attempting to follow the instructions and tighten it up it justs makes the problems worse (I won't go into the details to try and keep it reasonably short).

I've had to send one back already which took a good couple of months. First York promised to send an engineer out but after two weeks I rang up and asked what's going on, apparently there was no record of anything about an engineer. Again after numerous calls over a good few weeks they finally said they would be sending another out. A month later I finally got a new treadmill, which now has exactly the same problem as the last. I can't face having to deal with their customer service again (which I've found terrible) and so havn't bothered doing anything about it yet.

My advice for anyone considering this treadmill is keep away. If you have the money it's far better spending that little bit more and getting a decent one which you'll get a lot of pleasure out of.

5.0 out of 5 stars York T101 Treadmill, 6 Feb 2010
This review is from: York T101 Treadmill (Sports)
I am very pleased with my York T101 Treadmill. I don't do running, as I am unable to because of a muscle disease. Instead, I do "Speed Walking" and I find the treadmill brilliant for when I need to ease off the speed just a fraction whenever a pain develops, then, as the pain recovers, I can speed up gradually.
It's very heavy and strongly built and I am absolutely happy with it. Thanks to York!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unhappy and disappointed, 2 Sep 2008
Mrs. Kathryn Cross (wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York T101 Treadmill (Sports)
I was very excited to received my treadmill and after spending time putting it together found that there was an electrical fault and it would not work. Really disappointing as i believed I was purchasing a quality piece of equipment. How long is it going to take me to disemble it and pack it for return?

5.0 out of 5 stars Treadmill, 9 Sep 2009
This review is from: York T101 Treadmill (Sports)
We are very please with this product,we serched many products and found this one about one of the best for our needs.

York T101 Treadmill