on 8 August 2015
GOOD BIKE FOR THE MONEY . THE SEAT IS TO BIG.
on 14 November 2015
very good just what I needed good price a1.
on 5 January 2010
I bought this exercise bike, because my old bike broke.

This bike is both poor quality and very poor functional design, which is why I have returned it (or better to say, my wife has, as she bought it using her Amazon.co.uk account).

Quality overall is poor:
- Some smaller bits were broken when I took it out of the box
- The bike completely broke when I was using it in the first session. Some very odd crunching noises and uneven movement when cycling. Suspect the ball bearings gave in.
- The welding is poor quality (you can see that by eye)
- The seat couldn't be 100% fixed, it was always moving, when cycling

The functional design is bad:
- One thing that they don't tell you about this bike is that its flywheel only weighs 4kg. My last bike had an 8kg flywheel. I have since seen that most cheap bikes tend to have a 6-7kg flywheel and more expensive ones tens to have 10-12kg. This is important. The weight of the flywheel determines the level of resistance. With my old bike's 8kg flywheel, I was using it at level 16 (of 20). When I was using this 4kp flywheel bike, I wasn't even sweating at the highest level. Unusable for me. And then it broke...
- The stand isn't wide enough, the bike wobbles when you cycle
- The seat is too wide, uncomfortable
- The pedals are too narrow, my feet didn't fit in it
- The seat stand is very long (didn't worry me, but shorter users: be aware)

There are many better exercise bikes out there for the same amount of money, steer clear.
on 5 May 2010
The York C201 Cycle works really well.
I would recomend this to anyone looking for a fitness bike
on 27 February 2012
Purchased the York C201, The first bike I received was faulty and had to be replaced immediately. The second bike started "clunking" within 2 months. As it was just noise and didn't impact the resistance level I ignored until 8 months later something broke inside the machine and the bike was as good as useless. I spent 2 months trying to get York to fix/replace the bike as per the warranty, Total nightmare! Ended up paying an extra £50 for a Saturday delivery. The Third bike broke 6 months later when the bikes power cut out ever-time the resistance increased above level 1. Ignoring the customer service, which isn't Amazon's responsibility, I've had three bikes each one breaking inside a year. My advice is don't buy this bike.
on 5 March 2012
Instruction manual was in GERMAN and I am in the UK and English.
The AC power supply socket on the cycle was broken, so once i had completed the construction of the cycle 1 hour later and now ready to power the cycle up, i couldnt because of the damaged AC socket on the cycle, what a waste of time.
Dont bother buying from AMAZON, what a joke.
Buy the C201 cycle elswhere as it would have been a good fitness cycle.
on 26 May 2012
i recived this item before delivery date which was a good thing, and it took me about 50 mins to set up. when it was all set up the machine wouldnt turn on, all plugs were in and undamaged. we took it down and rebuilt it again and still nothing. I am going to ring up Monday and hope they sort the problem out for me.
on 14 July 2012
Arrived very quickly, assembled fairly easily, but the AC socket is broken. So its useless. Now my time has been wasted setting it up and now I will have to arrange its return, costing me more time and effort. The fact I am the second Amazon customer to report this same fault suggests a serious quality control issue at York. The bike is manufactured in China - not exactly a byword for quality is it - cheap and miserable more like.
on 13 July 2009
I was really looking forward to receiving my bike on Saturday. However, when I went to track the delivery I noticed that City Link were the delivery service and I knew from bitter experience that my bike would not come. It didn't. City Link prefer that you go to their depot to collect your stuff rather than go to the trouble of delivering it which I am not prepared to do, especially when I have signed up to Prime in order to get deliveries on a day when I am at home. I can't imagine why Amazon use such a shoddy service. I've ordered a bike from a different company, one that doesn't use City Link.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse