on 9 February 2014
I hope that you get chance to read this review before you place your order for one of these watches.
I was drawn to this particular watch because loved the look & I especially loved the hype and association with the with the great US Navy Seals. I imagined that every serving Navy Seal operative would be strapping one of these very watches to their wrists every time they went out on their daring, secretive and dangerous missions. It was all of this that made part with £140.00 GBP. Yes it is cheaper than the RRP and many retailers in the UK but you expect a good deal when buying through Amazon.co.uk. The actual seller was Mr Watch.com (USA) and, as I later found out later, not what Luminox calls an 'Authorised Retailer' and this is very important when buying a Luminox!
I was amazed how light and comfortable this watch was. I even had to keep checking that it was still on my wrist and that it had not fallen off because the watch was so comfortable. This is because it is made of carbon plastic which makes it very light weight but very tough. During daylight, the display is so clear and easy to read. It is no different at night or in low light situations because of the famous Night Vision Tubes are so bright, and apparently they need very little charge to keep going all night. The water resistance is rated at 200m (20atm), though I have heard some reports from people complaining that their Luminox watch did not keep out water when just swimming let alone when scuber diving, but I cannot really comment because I never swam wearing mine. However, I did wear mine as my EDC watch and only took it off at night or if I was doing anything that I thought would be dirty or rough only because I liked mine so much and wanted to keep it looking good.
Then one day I started to notice that the watch started to loose time. Adjusting the time is quite hard because the crown was always very hard (on mine at least) to pull out. They are not screw down which surprises me for this type of watch! Though even after this, it was still loosing time, and I read that the typical battery life is only two years so I took it to a local watch shop to have the battery changed. The time was adjusted by the watch shop but by the time I got home the watch was showing the wrong time again. So I adjusted the time and carried on only to check the time later to find it was running slow again! So again I went to adjust the time again only on this occasion to have the crown and crown pin come out in my hand! I applied for repairs under warranty (2 year warranty) but was then told it was not covered by the warranty because I had bought from a non-Approved Luminox Retailer! My watch was genuine and certainly not a fake but it did not come with the warranty because I had not paid enough for it (without realising at the time because it was not pointed out by Amazon or Mr Watch...cheers guys)! The Luminox 3050 series are great watches to wear, while they work, but in my experience I question the build quality, strength & design. A watch like this needs to be as tough as the person who wears it! This must be why Navy Seals & other Special Op team operatives actually wear Casio G-Shocks and not Luminox watches!
on 6 November 2015
This is the 2nd LU3051 I have purchased. I lost the first when the wrist band pin on a non OEM band failed. These are without doubt the best value for money watch with this spec. Watch was delivered ahead of ETA and I would have no hesitation purchasing through SolarCosa again.
on 6 September 2013
Bought this not because I'm a diver but simply because it looks great. Really smart sporty looking timepiece, lightweight yet tough. It gets noticed, and I've received lots of positive comments from friends. Highly recommended.
on 21 May 2013
Had been looking for luminox colormark for a while.it was cheaper on eBay.coming from Hong Kong.but I wasn't prepared to take any risk.I went with Amazon.I couldn't be happier.top product.top service.safe as houses.sean
on 26 October 2012
It is easy to read and can take being knocked. This watch is better than the one it replaces. I have not tested how waterproof it is, but it has been through a few rainstorms and it still working fine.
on 22 March 2013
This Luminox LU3051, Black version Navy Seal Colormark is joy to own. It does what it says on the tin; keeps good time; light weight, strong, 200M drive capable, Swiss made, easy to use and setup, easy to read both during the day and significantly at night with its clever constant luminous 5 minute markers. It is also comfortable to wear and live with , producing only a very limited tick noise when placed to the ear. All round it would be nice if it was a bit cheaper, but given the statement and my rating it represents decent value also.
on 14 October 2012
Absolutely love this watch I've worn it since purchase 100% really fast delivery too recommend to anyone who's after a smart decent reliable watch
on 22 February 2015
Great stylish and light in weight easily visible watch.My second watch by Luminox. I notice that the watch does not have an International warranty card as supplied with my other Luminox watch I bought a couple of years ago. The delivery note also refers to the watch being manufactured in China with a value of 80 (may be GBP ?) I a concerned that the watch may not be a genuine Luminox as the number font on the date is different to my other Luminox watch? The time adjustment winder is also different.
on 6 August 2013
good fitting, lightweight, good nightime visuals through the design. would recommend the watch to anyone looking for this style of design
on 20 March 2015