Price:£2.03+ £2.95 shipping

on 30 August 2012
I try and keep my tyres at 120psi and there is no way this product will hold at that level, in fact it only hold to 60-70ish which is perfect for an emergency or to simply get back home.

For the size of the packaging and simple fact that it is really easy to aply, this is an excellent bit of kit to carry on a bike ride along with a spare tube as this caters for the worse scenario, two punctures.

I would imagine this would work well on a mountain or hybrid but for a road bike it is only good as a patch up job until you can fit a new tube.
on 15 September 2010
been using for about 3 years. while they might be ok on mountain bike pressure up to ~60 psi or less, they dont work well at road bike pressure up to 120psi. ive had several fail, the air just works a route to the edge of the patch under high pressure. some go quickly others take a few months.
one failed recently and when i took the tube out it looked like it had just dried up.
just goes to show you cant beat the old method of patches and vulcanising glue which have never failed me.
i still carry these but they really are a last resort.
on 7 September 2010
Once i realised i had 3 punctures on the same inner tube and not just the one,hence i had to use 3 of the patcjhes they seems to have done the trick.
I will monitor the pressure however as i was abit dubious that it wouldnt handle the 100psi of the roadbike tyre.
If the pressure stays stable i will defo order some more soon.
on 4 March 2012
I use these for my offroad bikes and they are absolutely excellent. Small for carrying around, very quick and easy to apply. If you get the set which includes the tyre levers, then those are better designed than most.
on 30 November 2014
Have been using these patches for 15 years. Would not go back to traditional (patch & glue) despite being brought up before self adhesive patches. I've also tried other brands of self-stick patches but for me superpatches are better than the others I've used.
on 11 March 2014
I like Park Tools, and so I rue having to advise people not to buy this self-adhesive patch kit. One day I returned home with a large thorn lodged in my tyre, halfway into the inner tube. As I was at home, I was effectively working in laboratory conditions, and was able to undertake a very careful repair - or so I thought. The next day the tyre was absolutely flat. It seems the patch had been unable to cope with a tyre pumped to 85 psi. Perhaps if applied to a low-pressure MTB tyre, the repair would have sufficed.
When you venture out into the wilds, you need to be confident you have the tools and equipment to rescue you from almost any mischance, especially a simple puncture. The Park Tools Super Patch Kit may leave you high and dry.
on 9 December 2010
These patches really are the best you can get. This is typical of Park Tools though, they really do make quality gear. They take up so little space, are really quick and easy to use and light. They work better than normal patches in my opinion. The only catch is that they are more expensive than normal patches. I normally only use them if I am planning some serious riding, but just use regular patches for day to day use. But if you commute then these could be the difference between being on time vs late.
on 29 July 2015
Do not buy if you are using road tyres. Every single repair I make leaks out air within an hour. Punctures piss everyone off but it's even worse after you have just grafted for 20 mins in the rain only for it to leak air 1 mile down the road.

As ever I now have to replace the entire tube when I get home, so now I have paid for something which didn't do it job and now I have to work on the bike again when I get home.

The description does not state any maximum psi or minimum tyre size.
I thought park tool and 3m had some decency being well respected in their industries but obviously not
on 12 September 2015
Very good. I use these (and the sticky foam square ones) at 120psi for years - although lately I've been using slightly lower tyre pressures , 110psi-118psi, for comfort.

Tips:
1. I wipe the punctured area clean with meths first & let that evaporate before ...
2. applying the patch to the emptied tube.
3. I check the inside of the tyre for the cause(s) (beware the "multi-thorn" puncture!) and <- Also:you do have good rim tapes don't you?
4. then talc it (Imperial Leather Talc from Tesco ;)).

I do wonder if sellotape would work just as well though ;)
on 24 July 2014
I've used several of these patches over the years, and they had all worked perfectly, until yesterday, when I came to cycle home and found my bike had a flat tyre. After getting the tyre off, it became immediately apparent what had happened: the glue on one of these patches that I had stuck on about 6 months ago had melted. The patch was lifting off, and a sticky mess of glue was oozing out from underneath. The air temperature in the bike shed was probably only around 28 degrees or so. I think I'll be going back to rubber cement and rubber patches from now on. Sigh.