4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good
The welder is quite good i have been able to weld exhausts with this and a few body panels.
It does not need to be turned up too high to strike an arc.

The only drawbacks that i have found is that leads are too short coming out of the welder.
The rod holder doesnt hold smaller rods as well as it should.
The mask and hammer/brush are terrible best...
Published on 22 Aug 2011 by Lukas

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job
does the job it was purchased for decent value for the price
earth lead is to short which brings the welder to close to your working area
chipping hammer is a joke, an 8mm dowel on the other side of the compact wire brush, have my own so this did'nt matter to much welding glass is shade No.12 way to dark given a choice a No.10 would be much better.
Published 21 months ago by Davy Boy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
It does not need to be turned up too high to strike an arc.

The rod holder doesnt hold smaller rods as well as it should.
The mask and hammer/brush are terrible best off using your own.

for what i payed i am happy this product does work and does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners and Odd Jobs, 2 Jan 2013
Daggerwin (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
When I purchased this welder I was a beginner to welding so I needed something not to powerful, easy to use and not too expensive. This welder was the answer, it's fairly compact, lightweight, cheap and does a very good job and most importantly to me was easy to learn the basics of welding from. After using it for a few days I was picking up the basics of arc welding and could fix all the things I needed to including the chassis of my ride on lawn mower and fixing the deck on my push lawn mower. It did a very good job and I am very impressed with it. I certainly recommend it. I don't think it would be good for someone who is experienced at welding and would want a welder that will be used for hours day after day.

The mask that came with it is okay and does the job. I purchased an auto mask shortly after which is a lot easier because you don't have to hold it and it auto darkens when you use the welder which is very useful.

The chipping hammer and wire brush are fantastic and do a very good job at removing any slag from the weld.

I am rating this welder 5/5 as it's brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars good welder, 10 Jan 2009
G. Church (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
At the price I really can't complain about this product and I have successfully welded up to 6mm steel with this. It's ideal for my occasional, once every few months use laying in damp garage

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 29 Mar 2013
does the job it was purchased for decent value for the price
earth lead is to short which brings the welder to close to your working area

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a one off job on my motorbike, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
Had a problem with my exhaust on my motorbike, replacement part was going to cost £253, I had never welded before, seen it done a fair few times but never tried it, thought for the sake of £60, it was worth a try.

After doing a bit of searching of various welders this one seemed to offer the best value for money, arrived within 24hrs, along with 20 rods I had ordered, took the part off, had a quick read of the instructions and gave it a go.

Result = not the prettiest weld, but did a real good job of welding the parts back together, my bike is back on the road, sounding just fine, welder is in the garage ready for more jobs and I've saved the best part of £190.

4.0 out of 5 stars the silverline 45-100-amp welder, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
im starting to learn how to weld bought this machine to learn with. think its a great welder start small and work your way up .at the price its excellent value for the money as with other reviews have to agree leads a bit on the short side could be doing being at least three feet longer than they are, machine to close to the work piece other than that does what it says on the box .............

3.0 out of 5 stars electrodes, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
Don't buy electrodes thicker than 2.5 mm, they are not compatible.
Apart from that I've used it once and it does the job. The helmet was slightly broke when it arrived.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Silverline welder, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
When the welder arrived (I ordered it through Amazon UK) I was surprised to see that it had a Spanish plug bolted into a British adapter. As I live in Spain that was quite handy. The chipping hammer is useless I bought a proper one for 2 Euros. The shield whilst it keeps the sparks off your face is also useless as the glass is so dark and the spark from the welder is so small, even on full blast you can only just see the spark but not the job. A piece of clear glass and some decent sun glasses are ideal. As everybody says the leads are much to short but I expect this is so as not to loose current as the welder is so small. Basically it is a toy but then what can you expect for the price. It's like "MY First Welder" The most annoying thing about it is that it keeps shutting off as it overheats. It is what it is. It's a shame I couldn't have tried it first as I would not have bought it

5.0 out of 5 stars D.I.Y. Heaven, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
A very easy to use welder, as all controls are well marked and ready to hand. A compact machine for it's capacity, Size for size it is a big step up from my last machine and I am well satisfied with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little low current welder, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Silverline 677293 Arc Welder 40 - 100A (Tools & Hardware)
I bought this welder to sue for basic DIY work around the house and welding the occasional steel tubing.

It has been worked very hard over the last few weeks as I go through welding sprees in the garage. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it tends to overheat when used for too long. And the current settings are a bit on the low side for welding with thicker rods. The max I can do is 2.5mm rods.

In retrospect, I should have either bought a stronger welder, or used thinner rods for my last welding project.

The welder itself is perfectly fine and does what it should without complaining too much.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›